Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republicans failed attempt at stealing an election

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Republicans failed attempt at stealing an election

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:35 am

On the heels of the two fraudulent Republican Gubernatorial campaigns here in Michigan, is news about how aware the Republicans in Georgia were in an effort to steal the election there.

When that failed, the Republicans committed insurrection.

The whole party is corrupt, but we know this...
A staffer for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign instructed Republicans planning to cast electoral college votes for Trump in Georgia despite Joe Biden’s victory to operate in “complete secrecy,” an email obtained by The Washington Post shows.

“I must ask for your complete discretion in this process,” wrote Robert Sinners, the campaign’s election operations director for Georgia, the day before the 16 Republicans gathered at the Georgia Capitol to sign certificates declaring themselves duly elected. “Your duties are imperative to ensure the end result — a win in Georgia for President Trump — but will be hampered unless we have complete secrecy and discretion.”

The Dec. 13, 2020, email went on to instruct the electors to tell security guards at the building that they had an appointment with one of two state senators. “Please, at no point should you mention anything to do with Presidential Electors or speak to the media,” Sinners continued in bold.

The admonishments suggest that those who carried out the fake elector plan were concerned that, had the gathering become public before Republicans could follow through on casting their votes, the effort could have been disrupted. Georgia law requires that electors fulfill their duties at the State Capitol. On Dec. 14, 2020, protesters for and against the two presidential candidates had gathered on the Capitol grounds.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Re: Republicans failed attempt at stealing an election

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:11 pm

Why do honest Republicans even think about voting for Trump candidates? These hearing are not a which hunt when you hear how many lifelong Republicans testify about the corruption.

Here is someone who put his integrity ahead of Trumpism
Bowers recalled them asking him to convene the legislature to investigate their unsubstantiated allegations of voter fraud and set in motion a strategy to replace chosen electors with another group more favorable to Trump. Bowers repeatedly asked them for evidence beyond hearsay and innuendo that the election was stolen. Giuliani said he would deliver such evidence, but it never came. Bowers said he told them their legal theory was foreign to him and that he needed to consult with his attorneys.

“I said, ‘Look, you are asking me to do something that is counter to my oath,’ ” Bowers testified. He told the men he would not break his oath and would uphold the Constitution.

Over several weeks, Giuliani and other Trump allies failed to produce the promised paperwork, and Bowers refused to authorize an official legislative hearing to review the allegations of widespread fraud. A “circus had been brewing” around these allegations, and Bowers said he didn’t want it brought into the Arizona House.

Instead, another GOP House member and vocal election denier held a meeting featuring claims of improprieties at a downtown Phoenix hotel. That same day, Gov. Doug Ducey (R) certified Arizona’s election results.

The next day, Dec. 1, 2020, Bowers attended an in-person meeting with Giuliani, attorney Jenna Ellis, Arizona GOP state lawmakers and others, where he was again pressed to help overturn the election results.

He remembered something Giuliani said: “He said, ‘We’ve got lots of theories — we just don’t have the evidence.’ ”

At the time, Bowers wrote in a journal page that he told Giuliani and the group, “The US Constit. does not say I can reverse the laws I work to uphold which color this very issue.”

In the absence of proof from Giuliani and others, the Arizona speaker felt he was being asked to violate his oath to the Constitution.

“I will not do that, and,” Bowers testified, pausing to control his emotions. “On more than one — on more than one occasion throughout all this it has been brought up. And it is a tenet of my faith that the Constitution is divinely inspired — of my most basic foundational beliefs. And so for me to do that because somebody just asked me to is foreign to my very being.

“I will not do it.”

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:38 pm

I'm a bit curious how long you think you can carry on this distraction. Do you think you can ride the Jan 6th wave right through the midterms and keep Republicans from taking over the House and Senate?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:20 am

Election integrity will always matter. So, when someone coordinates a coup against our democracy, we all need to take notice. And yes, the gouging going on sucks. That’s why we need to elect Dems who will actually stand against our corporate overlords.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:55 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:20 am
Election integrity will always matter. So, when someone coordinates a coup against our democracy, we all need to take notice. And yes, the gouging going on sucks. That’s why we need to elect Dems who will actually stand against our corporate overlords.
You weren't saying that when Benson was changing the rules mid-stream last cycle...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:58 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:35 am
On the heels of the two fraudulent Republican Gubernatorial campaigns here in Michigan
Just when you think this guy can't get any more dishonest...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:20 am

Election integrity will always matter.
So I assume you are concerned about illegal drop boxes being placed in Democrat-heavy precincts?

You are aghast with the fact that Philadelphia clerks illegally inspected ballots and then told Democrat activists which voters needed to cure their ballots for their votes to count?

Dismayed that Wisconsin election officials ignored the state election code, telling voters they were “indefinitely confined” because of Covid and that nursing homes could ignore Wisconsin’s requirement that special voting deputies oversee elections in residential facilities?

Overwrought that Mark Zuckerberg was allowed to spend 420 million dollars on ideological non-profits designed to turn out the Democrat vote, while silencing conservative viewpoints on his platform in 2020?

Outraged that the State of Georgia rendered the election code’s mandate of signature verifications inoperable and that they ignored evidence that more than 35,000 illegal votes were included in the state’s tally?

Pissed right off that the MSM along with big tech platforms buried the Hunter Biden story weeks before the election?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:00 am

My comments in red below.
Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:20 am
So I assume you are concerned about illegal drop boxes being placed in Democrat-heavy precincts?

You are aghast with the fact that Philadelphia clerks illegally inspected ballots and then told Democrat activists which voters needed to cure their ballots for their votes to count?

Not enough cured ballots in any county or city to change Penn results, as determined by courts and election experts.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/11/ballo ... nsylvania/

Dismayed that Wisconsin election officials ignored the state election code, telling voters they were “indefinitely confined” because of Covid and that nursing homes could ignore Wisconsin’s requirement that special voting deputies oversee elections in residential facilities?

You may have some legitimacy here. It seems that WEC did ignore the state law, and many nursing homes did not have the supervision required under the law. This does give the appearance of possible fraud. The problem is claiming that nursing home personnel altered ballots or influenced voters choices has been proven false.

Overwrought that Mark Zuckerberg was allowed to spend 420 million dollars on ideological non-profits designed to turn out the Democrat vote, while silencing conservative viewpoints on his platform in 2020?

Need to research this one a bit more, I do. My shallow level of understanding was that these grants were provided to any election board or officer that requested them, no matter the party affiliation. And the grants were specifically for items to make the voting process safer.

Outraged that the State of Georgia rendered the election code’s mandate of signature verifications inoperable and that they ignored evidence that more than 35,000 illegal votes were included in the state’s tally?

This is the one that baffles me. This state is run by Republicans, who all voted for Trump. These are folks that would have bent over backwards looking for fraud in ballots. And in the end, there was no "there" there. And the personal vitriol against election workers like the ones that testified yesterday was beyond the pale.

Pissed right off that the MSM along with big tech platforms buried the Hunter Biden story weeks before the election?

And this is the stupidest thing of all. The Hunter Biden story could have been blown up 20 times, but would it have changed any votes? Hunter Biden played NO role in the 8 years Biden was in the second chair, you never heard his name - other than the whole cheating with his brother's wife thing. That story no matter how loud it could have been screamed would not have changed that many votes.
The problem here is that no matter who wins in 2022 and 2024, half the voting population won't believe the results, strictly because of Trump's efforts in 2020. (And please don't give me the "Hillary didn't concede either" or "Stacey Abrhams claimed the election was stolen" bullshit. Neither of them went on the attack - and Abrahms worked toward changing the system not trying to tear it down.) The quicker the R's dump Trump, the better off they will be.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:42 pm

This from just a few weeks after the election:
A new report from the Media Research Center shows that the media’s lack of coverage and big tech’s suppression of certain issues and scandals surrounding Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden could have cost President Donald Trump the election.

The survey results report that 17 percent of Biden voters would not have voted for the Biden-Harris presidential ticket if they had known about at least one of the eight news stories that were suppressed by big tech and mainstream media outlets.
In Pennsylvania and Georgia, 15 percent of Biden’s voters would have refrained from casting a vote for him. In Michigan, it was 14 percent. In Arizona, it was 21 percent. In Wisconsin, it was 13 percent. And in Nevada, it was 18 percent.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/24/po ... -by-media/
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:00 am
The problem here is that no matter who wins in 2022 and 2024, half the voting population won't believe the results, strictly because of Trump's efforts in 2020. (And please don't give me the "Hillary didn't concede either" or "Stacey Abrhams claimed the election was stolen" bullshit. Neither of them went on the attack
This started way before Trump.
WASHINGTON — Most Americans say they are now prepared to support George W. Bush as president, even though a solid plurality believes that--if the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed the vote count to continue--Al Gore would have won Florida and the presidency, a Los Angeles Times Poll has found.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

And this...
PRINCETON, NJ -- A recent New York Times story, analyzing the post-election count of overseas absentee ballots in Florida, has stirred up another controversy over the 2000 presidential election. A recent CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, however, finds most Americans satisfied that George W. Bush is the "legitimate" president, and only 17% believe he "stole" the election. The poll, conducted July 10-11 2001 (prior to the Times story), shows that almost half of all Americans -- 48% -- feel Bush won the election "fair and square," while one-third say he won, but won only on a technicality. While seven out of 10 Americans accept Bush as president, 15% say they do not accept Bush as the legitimate president now, but might in the future, and 11% of the public says they will never accept Bush as the legitimate president.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/4687/seven ... ident.aspx

So yeah, don't pin this not-accepting-legitimacy as if Trump started it all. Only 48% of Americans believed that GW Bush won fair and square.

Then you had a number of Republicans who viewed Obama as illigitmate due to the allegation that he wasn't US born.

Then you had a large number of Democrats who thought Trump wasn't legitimate becuase he "colluded with Russia" - a hoax which Democrats in Congress pressed for YEARS.

This BS has been going on since the turn of the century. I do agree it needs to stop.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:38 pm
I'm a bit curious how long you think you can carry on this distraction. Do you think you can ride the Jan 6th wave right through the midterms and keep Republicans from taking over the House and Senate?
I would suggest more than half of my friends who are Republicans are extremely embarrassed and would never vote for a trump endorsed candidate.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:43 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:42 pm
So yeah, don't pin this not-accepting-legitimacy as if Trump started it all. Only 48% of Americans believed that GW Bush won fair and square.

Then you had a number of Republicans who viewed Obama as illigitmate due to the allegation that he wasn't US born.

Then you had a large number of Democrats who thought Trump wasn't legitimate becuase he "colluded with Russia" - a hoax which Democrats in Congress pressed for YEARS.

This BS has been going on since the turn of the century. I do agree it needs to stop.
Testimony from Republicans against the actions and activities of Donald Trump are not the same as public opinion. They are however the groundwork for a potential criminal process.

I would imagine a criminal trial with as much hard evidence as has been presented would have an impact on Trumpish candidates to all but the stupidest of trump loyalists.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:53 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:42 pm
bmw wrote:
I would suggest more than half of my friends who are Republicans are extremely embarrassed and would never vote for a trump endorsed candidate.
Imaginary friends can't vote, unless it's for a democrat.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:27 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:53 pm

"Imaginary friends can't vote"--- Brad Raffensperger to Donald Trump

FIFY

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:11 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:20 am

I don’t believe propaganda. Remember that 2000 mules was concocted by a circus of elephants.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:42 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:53 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:42 pm
bmw wrote:
Imaginary friends can't vote, unless it's for a democrat.
Great quip, but this is going to be a problem getting to the electoral votes the GOP would need.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic