Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Justin Trudeau proposes banning all handgun sales in Canada

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Justin Trudeau proposes banning all handgun sales in Canada

Post by bmw » Tue May 31, 2022 12:49 am

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government introduced legislation Monday that would put a freeze on importing, buying or selling handguns.
"It will be illegal to buy, sell, transfer or import handguns anywhere in Canada," the prime minister said.
https://www.npr.org/2022/05/30/11020840 ... es-imports

You know what they say; never let a tragedy go to waste.
Trudeau has long had plans to enact tougher gun laws but the introduction of the new measure comes after mass shootings in Uvalde, Texas, and Buffalo, N.Y., this month.
And of course, this is how tyranny works. Rights are always taken away in the name of making you "safe"
Trudeau said his government recognizes the vast majority of Canadians who own guns are responsible but the level of gun violence is unacceptable. "This is a concrete and real national measure to long way toward keeping Canadians safe," Trudeau said.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Justin Trudeau proposes banning all handgun sales in Canada

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 31, 2022 3:32 am

There's a middle ground, and we must find it for the sake of the kids. Unfettered access to weapons of war is insane. Something MUST be done NOW.

Hand guns for personal use? Fine.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue May 31, 2022 11:30 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:32 am
There's a middle ground, and we must find it for the sake of the kids. Unfettered access to weapons of war is insane. Something MUST be done NOW.

Hand guns for personal use? Fine.
Pretty much agree.
Like others have said, why does Joe Public need an high powered rifle?

How about, for the good of the common man, we just let that bighorn sheep that's a mile away get along with her life.

These guns are supposedly being made for 0.01% of the hunters. Look into it.
For the game you need a high powered rifle for, you have to put your name in a lottery, hope and pray, get a chance to hunt maybe once every 10 years. Spend thousands of dollars just in travel and accommodations and getting yourself outfitted. Another thousand just to get close enough to see the thing with a high powered scope.

Some have to fly in by helicopter just to get to the game they are wanting to shoot. I don't think there's an affordable Uber rate for that. (must be nice to have that much disposable income).

Just seems that, for as few citizens really need a high powered rifle, why not just let the bighorns and moose and other mile away wildlife live?

Sure some wildlife can be a menace. Bears getting into the garbage. Coyotes eating the family dog.
But here's a Blue's Clue. Those wildlife are 40' away.
You don't need a gun that can shoot a pimple off a monkeys butt at 300 yards.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 31, 2022 12:32 pm

OK, so what exactly is a "weapon of war" and a "high powered rifle?"
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 31, 2022 1:27 pm

Talk is cheap.

I won't hold my breath waiting for this, Liberals are spineless when it comes to gun laws (or anything else).

Our previous Conservative regime gutted our already anemic gun laws. Trudeau got elected in 2015 on a promise to "restore sanity to our gun laws."

In a press conference on the day after his election victory Trudeau announded Nah. we won't really be doing anything about that. We're Liberals.

Now, after seven years, he's grown some balls?

Talk is cheap.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue May 31, 2022 1:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:32 pm
OK, so what exactly is a "weapon of war" and a "high powered rifle?"
I agree it's a slippery slope defining just what a high powered rifle is.
Just what sort of firearm do 99.5% of sportsmen use to shoot game.
Can we agree a "weapon of war" is something that is only used by the military?

My point of my previous post is this:
Why not take a look at the reasons being given for making these weapons available to the general public in the first place.
If the reason is, like I said, so that less than 0.01% of Americans and Canadians can shoot a moose from a mile away, maybe we should, for the good of the other 99.9%, consider just letting Bullwinkle live another day.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 31, 2022 1:47 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:33 pm

Can we agree a "weapon of war" is something that is only used by the military?
Rifles used for combat in the United States Military are not available to the general public.

Quick question. Which one of these do you deem to be a "high powered" rifle.

a.

b.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 31, 2022 2:22 pm

This will never happen. Trudeau is just another lying Liberal with no balls.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 31, 2022 5:31 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:22 pm
Trudeau is just another lying Liberal with no balls.
I have to admit, this is a difficult point to try to refute.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 31, 2022 5:39 pm

Watch and learn what we all know is America's future...

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/what-can- ... shootings/
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 31, 2022 5:49 pm

Australia is culturally different than the US, and they're an island nation. Translation: Far easier to control the movement of guns there than here. That, and you have that pesky little 2nd Amendment of the Constitution to deal with. Gun ownership is currently a RIGHT in this country. Good luck onvincing a majority of people here that no such right exists.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic