Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

40 Demented Dems - Abortion is Healthcare?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

40 Demented Dems - Abortion is Healthcare?

Post by audiophile » Thu May 26, 2022 8:02 am

No, it's not! Healthcare improves the health conditions of all those involved, killing healthy offspring is just pure evil.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAXIqMt

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Re: 40 Demented Dems - Abortion is Healthcare?

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 26, 2022 12:00 pm

I think it's great for people who have warped the Bible to shape it into their own political beliefs to do whatever they choose.

For the overwhelmingly majority of the rest of Americans, keep your batshit crazy religion out of our rights.

This is the same group trying to condemn reproductive Rights that will defend guns over The killing of children. I think we understand what the problem is here.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 26, 2022 2:11 pm

I'm so tired of seeing "abortion" and "reproductive rights" used interchangably. 150 years ago, "slavery" and "ownership rights" were used interchangably in the same way. My hope is that some point in the future, these so-called "reproductive rights" will be viewed the same way we today view one's alleged right to own slaves 150 years ago.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 26, 2022 2:20 pm

TCT: Where have I defended guns?

It's quite obvious you don't believe the bible, for instance where it says: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;"

Many atheists believe it wrong to kill viable offspring. TT is one of them.

Only the heartless would want to harm their offspring. Frankly I think it's mental illness.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu May 26, 2022 2:29 pm

Not sure what this has to do with the Bible.

It's the SCIENCE. That growing collection of cells uniquely different from the host. Killing a baby should have never been considered a "reproductive right". Reproductive Rights are YOUR ability to choose if and when you should become pregnant or if and when your sperm should be used to create a new life.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri May 27, 2022 10:51 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:02 am
No, it's not! Healthcare improves the health conditions of all those involved, killing healthy offspring is just pure evil.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAXIqMt
Give me a break.

Ever heard of ectopic pregnancy? Ever heard of horribly deformed fetuses? Ever heard of pregnancy complications that could kill the mother?

Re-pukes just want to control people, especially women, and impose their beliefs on everyone, especially when the GOP is in the minority.

So agree with TCT’s statement that you have a warped view of the Bible. And before you attack me on that, I went to Catholic school from 6-12th grade. My wife, with the exception of kindergarten, went to Catholic school her entire time in school. The indoctrination happened and we don’t even attend church anymore

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 27, 2022 11:09 am

Why stop at the fetus? Science suggests that babies don't even begin to develop consciousness until about 5 months old. How about we legalize the killing of born babies up until 5 months? What would be wrong with that?

Or maybe we extend that until the age at which we develop long-lasting memories, which begins somewhere around 3 years old. How about that? Killing babies up until they actually develop memories.

Or hell, why not just legalize murder right up until adulthood? I mean, that pesky little brat is using up all of your resources in YOUR house. I mean, you do own the house, right? It's your house. And the child isn't an adult. So that child is YOUR property to do with what you please.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 27, 2022 11:24 am

Realist, I said healthy offspring.

Your post should contain a Red Herring Alert because no one is talking about ectopic, that's obviously not viable, and would harm the mother (there are other life threating conditions that must be dealt with too and are not part of this debate).

Catholic faith is pro-life so I'm not sure why sure why you shared your past chops on that, it undermines your point.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:29 am

bmw wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:09 am
Why stop at the fetus? Science suggests that babies don't even begin to develop consciousness until about 5 months old. How about we legalize the killing of born babies up until 5 months? What would be wrong with that?

Or maybe we extend that until the age at which we develop long-lasting memories, which begins somewhere around 3 years old. How about that? Killing babies up until they actually develop memories.

Or hell, why not just legalize murder right up until adulthood? I mean, that pesky little brat is using up all of your resources in YOUR house. I mean, you do own the house, right? It's your house. And the child isn't an adult. So that child is YOUR property to do with what you please.
As valid a proposal as any other. Might resolve some of the "school shooter" issues too.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri May 27, 2022 11:52 am

Next on the agenda: Life begins at erection.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 27, 2022 11:57 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:29 am
As valid a proposal as any other...
Just to add to this - point being, the decision on where to draw the line is an arbitrary one. Most pro-choicers have drawn it at the mother's body - that as long as the baby is inside the womb, it is nothing more than property of the mother. The line is arbitrary because it does not focus on (or even address the issue of) when life actually begins. Conception? Viability? Birth? Consciousness? Memories? And as to my final sarcastic suggestion of adulthood - the arguments that pro-choicers use to support abortion right up until birth can be used to support killing up until adulthood becuase a woman's property is a woman's property - whether it is her own body or her house. If you're not concerned about when life begins - if the primary issue is that of property rights, what is the difference?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 27, 2022 12:22 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:24 am

Your post should contain a Red Herring Alert because no one is talking about ectopic, that's obviously not viable, and would harm the mother (there are other life threating conditions that must be dealt with too and are not part of this debate).

Catholic faith is pro-life so I'm not sure why sure why you shared your past chops on that, it undermines your point.
Being brought up Catholic and continuing to be religious are not the same thing. A lot of don't put a lot of worth in ANY organized religion much after we stop believing in Santa.

The objectionable points in Realists post were painting all Republicans with a broad brush, using a childish nickname, and agreeing with TCT.

Abortion as birth control is wrong when the act was consensual - can we all agree on that?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 27, 2022 12:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:22 pm
Abortion as birth control is wrong when the act was consensual - can we all agree on that?
Good luck finding a single pro-choice person who agrees with that. I mean, they refer to abortion as "reproductive health." Abortion is, in the VAST majority of cases, after-the-fact birth control.

But you can't talk about the consensual act. All that matters is in their minds is the small fraction that are non-consensual, and since these ones should be legal, so by extension should be abortions of consensual pregnancies.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri May 27, 2022 9:52 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:24 am

Only shared the Catholic angle as the organized religion thingee backfired with my wife and I. We didn’t get married in the church as we don’t even go to church anymore. Hell, my parents still go to church and completely disagree with overturning Roe vs. Wade.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 28, 2022 1:03 am

Protect the unborn but let the school children die. Pretty fucked up.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic