Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

So just how bad is this recession going to be?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

So just how bad is this recession going to be?

Post by bmw » Mon May 23, 2022 9:41 am

I know we're not "technically" in a recession yet, but it is coming. My question is, just how bad are things going to get? I sure hope I'm wrong, but has the feeling of something worse than the Great Recession of 2008 on the horizon. Gas prices are very near being higher (adjusted for inflation) than they were then, rising inflation shows no signs of leveling off anytime soon, there are prolonged supply shortages of all kinds in basically every sector of the economy, the world is pandemic-weary, the Russia-Ukraine situation shows no signs of resolving soon, the DOW is down 14% since the beginning of the year (with some of the major tech stocks being down sharply more than that), and perhaps most importantly, we're stuck with Biden as President for 2 and a half more years. Then add to that all the interest rate hikes we have coming, a national debt nearing $30 trillion, and an increasing divide between liberals and conservatives in this country (which is causing a completely and utterly dysfunctional Congress), and well.....I just don't have particularly high hopes for what the next few years is going to look like.

Honeyman

Re: So just how bad is this recession going to be?

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 23, 2022 11:25 am

I agree completely. And I have zero faith in anyone in government to help us out of this mess.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 23, 2022 8:23 pm

I agree that a bad recession is on the horizon. I'm not certain yet it will reach 2008 / 2009 levels, but I'd say that is a distinct possibility.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 23, 2022 9:43 pm

The illuminati says no recession.
May 23, 2022, at 11:01 a.m. DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - International Monetary Fund Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva on Monday said she does not expect a recession for the world's major economies but also cannot rule one out.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic