Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Just curious if there are still climate change deniers among us

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Just curious if there are still climate change deniers among us

Post by Matt » Mon May 23, 2022 6:18 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:01 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:40 am
tapeisrolling wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:51 pm
Give a listen to to the podcast Unsung Science, episode 'Tornado Alley is Shifting Eastward--and We're Not Ready.
It discusses the influences of temp and drought causing the 'alley to move East into areas that traditionally did not have to deal with them in numbers and how the danger is bigger because of it.
One of my properties in Tennessee just got a significant rate hike by the insurance company to cover tornados. That's an industry that doesn't care about ignorance or politics, but does follow data and actual weather occurrences.

Climate change denial is largely driven by the Koch brothers network of organizations to slow the progression of green energy initiatives.

The right hates facts.
There's not one fact in this post.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 23, 2022 8:37 am

2 posts in and already I think I know who has returned for what, the 7th or 8th time now?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 23, 2022 9:04 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:37 am
2 posts in and already I think I know who has returned for what, the 7th or 8th time now?
Unreal. What a sick individual. And color me SHOCKED that it isn't the Roe v. Wade thread to get her/him/it going.

MW, time to take out the trash.....again!

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 23, 2022 9:17 am

I would say not enough evidence...yet. It will come.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 23, 2022 9:19 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:17 am
I would say not enough evidence...yet. It will come.
No doubt.

Curious "it" comes back shortly after audiophiles return from a long hiatus too.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 23, 2022 10:07 am

There you go again, LOL.

I take break every year at the same time.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 23, 2022 12:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:18 am
TC Talks wrote:
tapeisrolling wrote:
Give a listen to to the podcast Unsung Science, episode 'Tornado Alley is Shifting Eastward--and We're Not Ready.
It discusses the influences of temp and drought causing the 'alley to move East into areas that traditionally did not have to deal with them in numbers and how the danger is bigger because of it.
One of my properties in Tennessee just got a significant rate hike by the insurance company to cover tornados. That's an industry that doesn't care about ignorance or politics, but does follow data and actual weather occurrences.

Climate change denial is largely driven by the Koch brothers network of organizations to slow the progression of green energy initiatives.

The right hates facts.
Really? Your ignorance is showing.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 23, 2022 6:41 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:30 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:18 am
TC Talks wrote:
tapeisrolling wrote:

The right hates facts.
Really? Your ignorance is showing.
Look, your humble brag about the insurance on the trailer lot you own in Tennessee was a bit cringe. If a tornado goes through, your place is still fucked.

The suggestion that people are slowing "green initiatives" implies that these are worthwhile, proven endeavors. They are not, and it has been proven time and time again that traditional energy is more dependable and durable.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

kager

Post by kager » Tue May 24, 2022 6:58 am

"green initiatives" implies that these are worthwhile, proven endeavors. They are not
Follow the money.

These are often just sales mechanisms, slogans... trading one form of pollution for another... but Hey! - if it erases some fake guilt the consumer has about doing the right thing for the environment, it must be worth the extra $$$.

Plans to clean up the new form of waste? Leave it off the pamphlet (or - shall we say - 'ePamphlet')!

Until their precious cell phones and towers are solar-powered, biodegradable, and emit no radiation harmful to any living thing, these people may keep their GI's to themselves.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:15 pm

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:30 pm

Climate change is real, But it is not man made. It is a naturally-occurring geologic phenomenon. Long term, geology wise, we are coming out of an ice age. Expect global warming to continue for about 1000 years or so, regardless of what mankind does to the environment.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:44 am

But I am sure more and more tax dollars and great government policies will eliminate Climate Change. So much faith in my career politicians. Remember 1970's entering next Ice Age? How about the Acid rain, Hole in the Oozone, those are no longer talked about and "resolved".

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:28 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:30 pm
Climate change is real, But it is not man made. It is a naturally-occurring geologic phenomenon. Long term, geology wise, we are coming out of an ice age. Expect global warming to continue for about 1000 years or so, regardless of what mankind does to the environment.
Well, NASA may agree with you.
According to this article, NASA says climate change occurs because of changes in Earth's solar orbit, not because of SUV's and fossil fuels. The biggest factor affecting Earth's climate is the Sun:

https://www.sott.net/article/420049-NAS ... ssil-fuels

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:45 pm

It hit 104 in London yesterday, and the majority of Londoners don’t have central air. This is after it was 105+ for 3 days in Seattle last year. I am guessing it is our turn in the next couple years.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:49 am

30 years ago the Climate "Scientists" were saying that England was going to turn into the "next Siberia"

Did they get that wrong or what??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic