Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Economy is?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Economy is?

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:31 am

Doing well..
The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits plunged last week to the lowest level in 52 years, more evidence that the U.S. job market is recovering from last year’s coronavirus recession.

Unemployment claims dropped by 43,000 to 184,000 last week, the lowest since September 1969, the Labor Department said Thursday. The four-week moving average, which smooths out week-to-week ups and downs, fell below 219,000, lowest since the pandemic hit the United States hard in March 2020.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/0 ... rop-524007

Gas prices are... under control.
Prices at the pump have finally started to creep lower, and that trend should significantly accelerate in the coming months, according to new government forecasts.

The US Energy Information Administration said Tuesday the national average for regular gasoline will probably drop to $3.01 a gallon in January. For 2022, gas prices are expected to average $2.88.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/08/business ... index.html

What do all you naysayers have to naysay today?

kager

Re: Economy is?

Post by kager » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 am

Where do you sell real estate?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:48 pm

kager wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 am
Somewhere with high quality properties and good commission. Not in Trump country.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:48 pm
kager wrote:
Somewhere with high quality properties and good commission. Not in Trump country.
Not to be snarky, but...

I live in Trump country, Trump overwhelmingly carried the precinct in which I reside. Who carried your precinct? Wanna compare property values?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:09 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:15 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:48 pm
kager wrote:
Not to be snarky, but...

I live in Trump country, Trump overwhelmingly carried the precinct in which I reside. Who carried your precinct? Wanna compare property values?
For being 31 and getting on my feet 1100 Square Feet of house in Wayne worth around $130,000 isn’t too shabby. You’re twice my age… a comparison would be a bit unfair. As to who won this exact spot… Biden by about 15. Still had my Biden sign thrown across my lawn and my picture window destroyed by a landscaping block. $8000 later I have nice new Anderson double hung windows. Thank god for insurance.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:09 am

You inferred that "Trump Country" was lacking high quality housing. Just making the point that the inference isn't entirely true.

Being a 31 year old single guy and a home owner is certainly something to be proud of. I am however hoping you didn't pay eight grand for a single picture window.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:19 am

Union labor - ten people standing around saying that's not my job!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:09 am
You inferred that "Trump Country" was lacking high quality housing. Just making the point that the inference isn't entirely true.

Being a 31 year old single guy and a home owner is certainly something to be proud of. I am however hoping you didn't pay eight grand for a single picture window.
The reverse inference isn’t entirely true either of course. Both coalitions are more economically diverse than that.

A pair of double hung windows actually, they even do all kinds of adjustable tricks flipping outwords and having an extra ledge and such. Homeowners Insurance picked it up in full.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:48 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:09 am

I can confirm what Bryce's is saying....

Double wides are going for unprecedented numbers in the land of the moss toothed idiots near me. However, Real Estate in the People's Republic of Traverse City have nearly doubled in 18 months.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:50 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:19 am
Union labor - ten people standing around saying that's not my job!
Or Trump voters who are either dead or on disability from COVID (which doesn't exist).

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

kager

Economy is?

Post by kager » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:56 am

Doing things...
U.S. inflation soared 7.9 percent in past year, a fresh 40-year high

The increase reported by the Labor Department reflected the 12 months ending in February and didn’t include most of the oil and gas price increases that followed Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24

Propelled by surging costs for gas, food and housing, consumer inflation jumped 7.9 percent over the past year, the sharpest spike since 1982 and likely only a harbinger of even higher prices to come.

The increase reported Thursday by the Labor Department reflected the 12 months ending in February and didn’t include most of the oil and gas price increases that followed Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/1 ... h-00016043

Gas prices are... making new memories.
Gas prices were already expected to breach the $4 a gallon mark for the first time since 2008, with or without shots fired or economic sanctions imposed in Eastern Europe.

Now, because so many factors are at play simultaneously, drivers should prepare to pay uncomfortably high gas prices through at least Labor Day. Prices could easily reach $4.50 a gallon before they start to retreat, and even a $5 per gallon national average is not out of the question.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/09/energy/r ... index.html

Enjoy that raise ya got last year.

Oops - already, too late.

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:31 am
Doing well..
The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits plunged last week to the lowest level in 52 years, more evidence that the U.S. job market is recovering from last year’s coronavirus recession.

Unemployment claims dropped by 43,000 to 184,000 last week, the lowest since September 1969, the Labor Department said Thursday. The four-week moving average, which smooths out week-to-week ups and downs, fell below 219,000, lowest since the pandemic hit the United States hard in March 2020.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/0 ... rop-524007

Gas prices are... under control.
Prices at the pump have finally started to creep lower, and that trend should significantly accelerate in the coming months, according to new government forecasts.

The US Energy Information Administration said Tuesday the national average for regular gasoline will probably drop to $3.01 a gallon in January. For 2022, gas prices are expected to average $2.88.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/08/business ... index.html

What do all you naysayers have to naysay today?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:23 am

Keep up with the times, Kager..
Gas prices are... making new memories.
Gas Prices are On Their Way Back Down (A Fox News link just to make sure you read it.)

And yes, inflation is becoming a problem... across the globe. USA is slightly behind the average.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country

Nobody to blame but COVID for that.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:55 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:23 am
Correction: It was how we RESPONDED to Covid. I believe the inflationary impacts would have been significantly less if we didn't lock things down and then try to spend our way to recovery.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:06 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:55 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:23 am
Correction: It was how we RESPONDED to Covid. I believe the inflationary impacts would have been significantly less if we didn't lock things down and then try to spend our way to recovery.
Perhaps you are right - but even countries who responded differently than us are dealing with high levels of inflation right now. So "we" can't take all the blame can we? And to be honest, can you blame how people responded at the time? We didn't know what it was, how to fight it or what to do. I give everyone who tried to diminish the impact of COVID a pass for at least trying.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:50 am

I don't blame how people responded early on, but a lot of restrictions lasted way, way longer than they should have. What started out as a legitimate "flatten the curve" strategy quickly evolved to a near-zero Covid strategy: one which any sane person should have recognized early on was an unattainable goal that was going to cause more long-term harm than good. Experts very early on (like, March 2020) were suggesting even then that the pandemic would ultimately lead to at least 70% of the world population getting infected.

But we were unwilling to accept as a society (both here and in most places around the world) the inevitable that most people would get Covid at some point, and the government, being the power-hungry nanny state that it is, took advantage of those fears and exerted as much control as it could get away with over the general population. At a bare minimum, the vast majority of government-imposed Covid restrictions should have been lifted the moment the vaccine was readily available. I also think that the stimulus checks should have been limited to just the first one.

What we're seeing today was very predictable a year and a half ago.

And btw - can you imagine what trouble we'd be in now if the Dems had gotten their way with the $3.5 trillion spending bill that Manchin refused to support?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic