Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The gun isn't the problem. Hate is the problem.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The gun isn't the problem. Hate is the problem.

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 27, 2022 6:18 pm

BMW, you are assuming this issue is a litmus test that trumps all other issues in importance in the minds of voters.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 pm

In the same way that the Democrat party is currently purging its pro-life members (there's only one left in the House - Henry Cuellar - and he's barely 200 votes ahead in his primary currently), the Republican party would purge its pro-gun control members pretty quickly if a handful abandoned the party line and started supporting regulations. And the purge would happen at lightning speed, with or without the existence of the NRA.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Even CNN says that the reason Republicans aren't acting isn't because of the NRA, but rather because of "no political pressure to do so."
Perhaps the best way to understand the public mindset on the gun control debate is to look at Gallup polling from earlier this year. The survey asked a simple question and a follow-up: Are you satisfied with the nation's gun laws? And if you're unsatisfied, do you want stricter or looser gun laws?

This year, only 36% of Americans said they were dissatisfied and wanted stricter gun control laws. Sixty-one percent were either satisfied (41%), dissatisfied but wanted less strict laws (13%) or dissatisfied and wanted no change (7%).

These numbers do shift somewhat from year to year, but the "dissatisfied and want stricter gun laws" opinion has never been a majority one this century.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/politics ... index.html

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:25 pm

The NRA is comprised of a lot of VOTERS, who also fund their operations. It's THOSE voters that candidates should be concerned with if they're going to take a counter political stance.

Also, it makes no sense AT ALL to enact gun laws that have NO POSSIBLE positive effect on the situations at hand. NOTHING I've seen floated by the leftist gun nuts make any sense and will not "fix" the problem, nor make any meaningful contribution.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri May 27, 2022 7:28 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:25 pm
The NRA is comprised of a lot of VOTERS, who also fund their operations. It's THOSE voters that candidates should be concerned with if they're going to take a counter political stance.

Also, it makes no sense AT ALL to enact gun laws that have NO POSSIBLE positive effect on the situations at hand. NOTHING I've seen floated by the leftist gun nuts make any sense and will not "fix" the problem, nor make any meaningful contribution.
YOU consistently have the WORST posts on the ENTIRE site.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 27, 2022 8:01 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:28 pm
km1125 wrote:

No, that would be screen glare.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 27, 2022 10:02 pm

BTW...

There is no such thing as a "Universal Background Check." The left is really good at coming up with slogans that poll well. Sort of like calling their position "Pro Choice" instead of what it really is, Pro Abortion.

Convicted felons and criminals are not going to go through a background check when they obtain a firearm. Therefore it isn't "universal." The only thing that initiative would do is allow the compilation of a list of law abiding citizens that own firearms. It would do squat to reduce the amount of crime committed by criminals.

Last week my friends arrested a 16 year old driving around with a nine millimeter with a 30 round clip in the car he was driving. Do you think he did a background check?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 27, 2022 10:12 pm

How did he obtain that weapon?

Police work in Uvalde, TX was incredibly sloppy:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/nation ... 963884002/

Heads need to roll over this.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 27, 2022 10:19 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:12 pm
Most likely in a similar fashion that people obtain heroin.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri May 27, 2022 11:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:48 pm
At the end of the day the only people that those in Congress answer to is the voters in their Districts (House) and States (Senate). If they're afraid of anything, it is of being sent packing in November. But that's how it is supposed to work. This isn't corruption. And I haven't seen any evidence that those in Congress would be treating this any differently absent the special interests involved. I don't think any Republicans would be magically onboard with gun regulations if the NRA suddenly ceased to exist.
As the saying goes "Money talks and bullshit walks."

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat May 28, 2022 12:01 am

Honeyman wrote:
km1125 wrote:

You just have a problem dealing with the truth or facts.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat May 28, 2022 12:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:12 pm

Police work in Uvalde, TX was incredibly sloppy:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/nation ... 963884002/

Heads need to roll over this.
Re:
McCraw outlined video surveillance footage showed a teacher at the school propped open the door at 11:27 a.m.
Is anybody asking who this teacher was and if charges are going to be filled?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat May 28, 2022 12:27 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 12:01 am
Honeyman wrote:
km1125 wrote:

I see you finally wised up and got rid of your idiot sig line. What changed? No longer think Trump is the greatest president ever?

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat May 28, 2022 7:48 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 12:27 am
km1125 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
km1125 wrote:

I see you finally wised up and got rid of your idiot sig line. What changed? No longer think Trump is the greatest president ever?
You are delusional. I never had a sig line on here.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 28, 2022 8:09 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:48 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 12:27 am
km1125 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
km1125 wrote:

You are delusional. I never had a sig line on here.
I think he's thinking of g g.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic