Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Steve Schmidt on John McCain: "No Books. No Money. Just the Truth."

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MichMash

Steve Schmidt on John McCain: "No Books. No Money. Just the Truth."

Post by MichMash » Tue May 10, 2022 12:37 am

https://steveschmidt.substack.com/p/no- ... medium=web

An interesting Substack post by Steve Schmidt, who worked as a volunteer for John McCain on his presidential campaign. In the post, Schmidt unpacks how McCain's top adviser Rick Davis was benefiting financially (along with Paul Manafort) from Russian interests in Ukraine and Eastern Europe; how the campaign lied about a "special relationship" McCain had with a female lobbyist and publicly discredited the New York Times reporters who (accurately) reported on it; the abusive bullying of Meghan McCain; and how Sarah Palin was chosen as McCain's running mate in 2008 (over Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty).

No opinions or editorializing from me here. I know nothing about Steve Schmidt or why he waited 14 years after lying about the NYT article (and four years after McCain's death) to finally come clean about this. Just some insights into the machinations of global politics and how someone as generally revered as John McCain was, still had a good deal of warts that needed concealing. Perhaps he doesn't get to where he did if the warts were more noticeable.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Steve Schmidt on John McCain: "No Books. No Money. Just the Truth."

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 10, 2022 4:21 am

MichMash wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:37 am
https://steveschmidt.substack.com/p/no- ... medium=web

An interesting Substack post by Steve Schmidt, who worked as a volunteer for John McCain on his presidential campaign. In the post, Schmidt unpacks how McCain's top adviser Rick Davis was benefiting financially (along with Paul Manafort) from Russian interests in Ukraine and Eastern Europe; how the campaign lied about a "special relationship" McCain had with a female lobbyist and publicly discredited the New York Times reporters who (accurately) reported on it; the abusive bullying of Meghan McCain; and how Sarah Palin was chosen as McCain's running mate in 2008 (over Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty).

No opinions or editorializing from me here. I know nothing about Steve Schmidt or why he waited 14 years after lying about the NYT article (and four years after McCain's death) to finally come clean about this. Just some insights into the machinations of global politics and how someone as generally revered as John McCain was, still had a good deal of warts that needed concealing. Perhaps he doesn't get to where he did if the warts were more noticeable.
I know of vets who think McCain was a traitor in Vietnam.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic