Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Roe v. Wade on the verge of being overturned?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Roe v. Wade on the verge of being overturned?

Post by Bryce » Wed May 04, 2022 9:24 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:03 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:01 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:57 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:21 pm
As designed, the Justices are supposed to interpret the COTUS and apply legal opinions. Letting personal prejudice color their interpretations make a mockery of the institution as it was designed.

The original ruling on Roe V Wade was an example of the above.
"The original ruling on Roe V Wade was an example of the above."--- in YOUR opinion!

The reason why there are 9 justices is because everybody interprets it differently.

Look, you're gonna win this one. Your beloved Trump, a man with such little character who used to be pro-choice sold out so he could run as a Republican, lucked into 3 nominees, thru Mitch McConnells lack of decency. That's it. Enjoy your victory. Poor black women will have to birth unwanted children. Outside of more "ni--ers" in the world, I'm sure that makes you happy.
Hey, Ole Barry was against gay marriage before it was politically expedient to be for it. So, I don't wanna hear it.
Damn, 5 pages of Roe vs. Wade talk and all of a sudden.......WHATABOUTISM!
And it was perfectly fair. You b**** about Trump changing his stance when your hero changed his.

And while I'm at it, would you like to explain to me how the 14th amendment and its original intent enshrined a woman's right to have an abortion?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 04, 2022 10:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:24 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
As designed, the Justices are supposed to interpret the COTUS and apply legal opinions. Letting personal prejudice color their interpretations make a mockery of the institution as it was designed.

"The original ruling on Roe V Wade was an example of the above."--- in YOUR opinion!

The reason why there are 9 justices is because everybody interprets it differently.

Look, you're gonna win this one. Your beloved Trump, a man with such little character who used to be pro-choice sold out so he could run as a Republican, lucked into 3 nominees, thru Mitch McConnells lack of decency. That's it. Enjoy your victory. Poor black women will have to birth unwanted children. Outside of more "ni--ers" in the world, I'm sure that makes you happy.
Hey, Ole Barry was against gay marriage before it was politically expedient to be for it. So, I don't wanna hear it.
And it was perfectly fair. You b**** about Trump changing his stance when your hero changed his.

And while I'm at it, would you like to explain to me how the 14th amendment and its original intent enshrined a woman's right to have an abortion?
The better point is that the fucking idiot in office today was once for overturning roe v. wade: https://nypost.com/2022/05/04/biden-onc ... oe-v-wade/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 04, 2022 11:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Trump changed his stance about ROE VS. WADE. Look at the thread title. That was the topic which you never can stick to. You just have to defame the closest black person possible,no matter the thread topic.
The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 04, 2022 11:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:30 pm
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:

The better point is that the fucking idiot in office today was once for overturning roe v. wade: https://nypost.com/2022/05/04/biden-onc ... oe-v-wade/
Legitimate point. Keep in mind Biden is a devout Catholic though. He also said "I refuse to impose my religious beliefs on other people." and committed to protecting it when it passed.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 05, 2022 6:29 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 11:46 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:30 pm
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Legitimate point. Keep in mind Biden is a devout Catholic though. He also said "I refuse to impose my religious beliefs on other people." and committed to protecting it when it passed.
And I take a similar stance to it. I don't feel that abortion is the right thing. However, I don't have any say over what a woman does with her body as a man. Secondly, this ruling is also going to limit access to contraception as well as other after rape care and consideration.

I hope there are doctors willing to sell the morning after pill for women who are raped in states where abortions will be made illegal. The problem is for those women who are 3 months pregnant and poor. If they live in places like south Texas(Brownsville etc), good luck getting to a blue state with little money.

This whole move is about keeping single women in deeper poverty.

Also, every man here that is "pro life"should prove they are pro life by getting vasectomies before June. Lessen the chance of abortion on your watch.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Re: Time for my two cents on the topic

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu May 05, 2022 7:31 am

Matt wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:26 pm
I have to imagine that anyone that read this whole rambling post wishes your mom had gotten an abortion. 😴
Interesting reaction.
I apologize if portions of my rambling may of struck a nerve a little too close to home.

kager

Post by kager » Thu May 05, 2022 7:34 am

Not a lot of women posting on the subject here, but they are probably busy doing something that matters.

Divisive subjects are excellent fodder for the media to regurgitate, and hey - we all needed a break from the Ukraine, Bidenflation, Putin, and Turnip insurrection headlines. However, the lack of outrage (or disappointment) being expressed over the purported wanton leak of something like this out of the SCOTUS before its time is a disturbing sign of where we're headed as a nation. Disgusting.
Keep in mind Biden is a devout Catholic
I've read that devout Catholic Democrats exist in the lab; must be very rare in the wild (like waffling presidents).
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:29 am
This whole move is about keeping single women in deeper poverty.
Nailed it. :roll:
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Re: Time for my two cents on the topic

Post by Matt » Thu May 05, 2022 8:08 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:31 am
Matt wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:26 pm
I have to imagine that anyone that read this whole rambling post wishes your mom had gotten an abortion. 😴
Interesting reaction.
I apologize if portions of my rambling may of struck a nerve a little too close to home.
Didn't read it. 🤷
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 05, 2022 9:31 am

America elected Donald Trump and got the Supreme Court you deserve. Quit whining about it,

Trump in 24 America adores Trump.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 05, 2022 9:58 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 9:31 am
America elected Donald Trump and got the Supreme Court you deserve. Quit whining about it,
I don't know how much sarcasm you intended with this statement, but it is a true one. I see a lot of "whining" here and elsewhere, as if this decision is somehow just going to create victims. I think it is TC Talks who is always in here telling Conservatives to quit acting like victims. Perhaps he should tell liberals the same on this particular topic.

The bottom line is even if Roe is overturned, anybody who wants an abortion will still be able to get one legally. Will it be more difficult to get one depending on where you live? Perhaps. But mark my words. There will be plenty of states where nothing changes, and there will be plenty of funding options to fly or drive anyone who wants an abortion and can't afford to travel, FREE OF CHARGE, to a state of their choosing to get one. Is this an ideal solution? Not really. But blame that one on Congress, not the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court just did its job, because there is no Constitutional right to have an abortion, and in all these pages of responses, I have yet to see a pro-choice person make the legal argument that the Constitution contains such a right.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 05, 2022 10:01 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 9:58 am
Turkeytop wrote:
I don't know how much sarcasm you intended with this statement, but it is a true one. I see a lot of "whining" here and elsewhere, as if this decision is somehow just going to create victims. I think it is TC Talks who is always in here telling Conservatives to quit acting like victims. Perhaps he should tell liberals the same on this particular topic.

The bottom line is even if Roe is overturned, anybody who wants an abortion will still be able to get one legally. Will it be more difficult to get one depending on where you live? Perhaps. But mark my words. There will be plenty of states where nothing changes, and there will be plenty of funding options to fly or drive anyone who wants an abortion and can't afford to travel, FREE OF CHARGE, to a state of their choosing to get one. Is this an ideal solution? Not really. But blame that one on Congress, not the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court just did its job, because there is no Constitutional right to have an abortion, and in all these pages of responses, I have yet to see a pro-choice person make the legal argument that the Constitution contains such a right.
You got exactly the kind of Supreme Court Trump promised before you elected him.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 05, 2022 10:21 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:01 am
bmw wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 9:58 am
Turkeytop wrote:

You got exactly the kind of Supreme Court Trump promised before you elected him.
One that issues decisions based on the constitution rather than policy preferences? That's great!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 05, 2022 10:37 am

And if you go back to my posts from 2016 when none of the more Conservative posters here were onboard with voting for Tump, I made the argument more than once that the Supreme Court alone was reason enough to vote for him - that while he may only be President for 4 years, his Supreme Court picks may be around for decades. Looking way Back, Lester asked me why the never-Trump Republicans should show up in November, and the Supreme Court was my response. He said not many would show up to vote for Trump, and predicted a 54-46 win for Hillary, saying Hillary could get as high as 58 percent of the vote.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 05, 2022 10:44 am

Matt wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:21 am

One that issues decisions based on the constitution rather than policy preferences? That's great!

I don't recall that being his exact words. :lol

He promised to nominate only anti-abortion judges. Clearly that was the will of the people because you elected him.

Trump in 24. America adores Trump.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 05, 2022 11:25 am

"The bottom line is even if Roe is overturned, anybody who wants an abortion will still be able to get one legally. Will it be more difficult to get one depending on where you live? Perhaps."

Perhaps? PERHAPS?!?

bmw on sports: "The bottom line on baseball is, even if they move the fences back to 450 feet, you will still be able to hit a home run. Will it be more difficult? Perhaps."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic