Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Roe v. Wade on the verge of being overturned?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Time for my two cents on the topic

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 04, 2022 1:13 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 12:32 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 11:25 am
....... I don't feel I have the right to tell Jane Doe, who I don't know, what to do with her body. None of my business. ....
I agree that no one should tell Jane Doe what to do with HER body, but I do think - as a society - we have a responsibility to that OTHER body that she's nurturing.

She has a choice - EARLY in the pregnancy - to terminate the pregnancy. At some point it's not just a pregnancy but she's developing a PERSON.

And don't anybody go saying "but maybe she doesn't know she's pregnant!". Bullshit. There's enough ways to determine now if someone is pregnant or not within the first couple weeks. Folks get a sniffle these days and get a COVID test even if they haven't been exposed to the virus anywhere. A woman doesn't get pregnant from a toilet seat or by immaculate conception -- an EVENT occurred and if the two didn't use some type of protection then there's certainly the possibility that she's pregnant and if she doesn't' want to deal with that possibility then she should address it RIGHT THEN.
This is the intelligence of some of the "pro-life" people.

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 04, 2022 1:20 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:13 pm
This is the intelligence of some of the "pro-life" people.
So you believe in immaculate conception or that you can get pregnant from a toilet seat??

Turkeytop

Re: Roe v. Wade on the verge of being overturned?

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 04, 2022 1:22 pm

When I first came to this board almost 20 years ago, there was a Roe V Wade thread that went on and on for months. This looks like it could become another.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 04, 2022 1:36 pm

This decision is very politicized, especially when a majority of the Americans support women's rights to have an abortion. It's only the inbred states that are against it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/04/upsh ... tates.html
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 04, 2022 1:45 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:22 pm
When I first came to this board almost 20 years ago, there was a Roe V Wade thread that went on and on for months. This looks like it could become another.
Countdown to lovinlife101 next return attempt in 3.....2.....

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 04, 2022 2:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:36 pm
This decision is very politicized, especially when a majority of the Americans support women's rights to have an abortion. It's only the inbred states that are against it.
<snip images>
But, as with most polls, it all depends on the question asked as to how it is answered. Posts like this imply that the majority support any type or form of abortion when that is clearly not reality.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 04, 2022 2:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Bullshit. Doing something simply because the majority of Americans feel some way about an issue is what would be "politicized."

Which is why the media showing all these polls today and yesterday is driving me nuts. It is IRRELEVANT what people think about abortion. That is entirely separate from the Constitutionality question, and that latter question is ALL that matters when it comes to the Supreme Court. Is abortion protected by the Constitution? Yes or No? That's the only relevant question. Doesn't matter what people's opinion on abortion itself is.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 04, 2022 4:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 2:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Bullshit. Doing something simply because the majority of Americans feel some way about an issue is what would be "politicized."

Which is why the media showing all these polls today and yesterday is driving me nuts. It is IRRELEVANT what people think about abortion. That is entirely separate from the Constitutionality question, and that latter question is ALL that matters when it comes to the Supreme Court. Is abortion protected by the Constitution? Yes or No? That's the only relevant question. Doesn't matter what people's opinion on abortion itself is.
And you don't think the makeup of the Supreme Court is politicized?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 04, 2022 4:26 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 11:25 am
All right. 4 pages of comments. My thoughts on the whole thing:

I am opposed to abortion. It is a sin. Thou Shalt not Kill. If someone in my family or circle of friends was pregnant, I would be strongly urging them to not abort the child. However ....
.... I don't feel I have the right to tell Jane Doe, who I don't know, what to do with her body. None of my business.

It may not be quite on topic, but I do want to touch on my views of unwanted pregnancies. I would love to see abortion clinics go out of business. Not because it's illegal, but because they have no customers.

I personally do not know of any pregnancies due to rape.
All unwanted pregnancies I know are from just plain doing it without protection. With calculator in hand, the guy is asking the gal when's the last time she ovulated, looking to do the math for the window of opportunity he thinks he can have a nut without a rubber.

I'm honestly not kidding when I say this. We have a couple in our family with 3 kids. None were planned. ALL 3 kids, they told others "We thought it was safe" because it was a certain time of the month. Based upon my personal observations, I truly ponder just how many abortions would be needed if protection was worn EVERY time.

Which segues into another question that has been brought forth in this thread already:
Should the guy always have a say? Let me ask this:
What if common sense dictates that life would be better if the guy just wasn't in the picture? She got knocked up by some loser she honestly would rather not want around for the rest of her life. Some bum who isn't going to provide much, it will be an uphill battle getting support if she does go thru with the pregnancy, you get the idea.

Should he be told, even if she decides to keep it?

I say that because we actually do have a child in our family that's about 12 now, and the dad has no idea he's a dad. The extended family got together, decided like I said earlier, life would be nicer with him not in it. She went and stayed with family in another state once she started showing. A couple of years later, met up with a guy that does have grey matter between his ears, got married and now has two kids. And like I said, the father of the first kid has no idea.

And buckle your seatbelt for this. I do actually know 2 instances where a guy knocked up a girl on purpose to "set the hook" because it was becoming evident she wanted to end the relationship. I kid you not. And in both instances, the guy is nothing but a big headache.
I have to imagine that anyone that read this whole rambling post wishes your mom had gotten an abortion. 😴
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 04, 2022 4:58 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:14 pm
That statement doesn't even make sense. Each individual justice has his/her own political leanings, and the court currently has more Justices with conservative political views than liberal views; is that what you're referring to?

btw - do you really want to go down that road? The most politicized SCOTUS move in my life time was Joe Biden's "I'm going to nominate a black woman," thereby eliminating 94% of all possible candidates solely on the basis of skin color and gender.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 04, 2022 6:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:58 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:14 pm
That statement doesn't even make sense. Each individual justice has his/her own political leanings, and the court currently has more Justices with conservative political views than liberal views; is that what you're referring to?

btw - do you really want to go down that road? The most politicized SCOTUS move in my life time was Joe Biden's "I'm going to nominate a black woman," thereby eliminating 94% of all possible candidates solely on the basis of skin color and gender.
I'm not denying Bidens comnent was politicized. That's exactly my point. Are you denying everything McConnell did during the Merritt Garland fiasco was politicized? If you are, you're either an idiot or a liar. You are the one that said "It doesn't matter what people's opinion on abortion itself is." That's the only thing that matters. The opinion of the majority of Republcans is pro-life (anti-abortion). Most Democrats are pro-choice. The court is now shaped accordingly.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 04, 2022 8:21 pm

As designed, the Justices are supposed to interpret the COTUS and apply legal opinions. Letting personal prejudice color their interpretations make a mockery of the institution as it was designed.

The original ruling on Roe V Wade was an example of the above.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 04, 2022 8:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:21 pm
As designed, the Justices are supposed to interpret the COTUS and apply legal opinions. Letting personal prejudice color their interpretations make a mockery of the institution as it was designed.

"The original ruling on Roe V Wade was an example of the above."--- in YOUR opinion!

The reason why there are 9 justices is because everybody interprets it differently.

Look, you're gonna win this one. Your beloved Trump, a man with such little character who used to be pro-choice sold out so he could run as a Republican, lucked into 3 nominees, thru Mitch McConnells lack of decency. That's it. Enjoy your victory. Poor black women will have to birth unwanted children. Outside of more "ni--ers" in the world, I'm sure that makes you happy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 04, 2022 9:01 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:57 pm
Bryce wrote:

"The original ruling on Roe V Wade was an example of the above."--- in YOUR opinion!

The reason why there are 9 justices is because everybody interprets it differently.

Look, you're gonna win this one. Your beloved Trump, a man with such little character who used to be pro-choice sold out so he could run as a Republican, lucked into 3 nominees, thru Mitch McConnells lack of decency. That's it. Enjoy your victory. Poor black women will have to birth unwanted children. Outside of more "ni--ers" in the world, I'm sure that makes you happy.
Hey, Ole Barry was against gay marriage before it was politically expedient to be for it. So, I don't wanna hear it.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:01 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:57 pm
Bryce wrote:

Hey, Ole Barry was against gay marriage before it was politically expedient to be for it. So, I don't wanna hear it.
Damn, 5 pages of Roe vs. Wade talk and all of a sudden.......WHATABOUTISM!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic