Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Roe v. Wade on the verge of being overturned?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Roe v. Wade on the verge of being overturned?

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2022 7:52 am

Matt wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 6:05 am
Also, "my body, my choice" makes a return after being on hiatus since March, 2020.
It would have been nice if the media has been even 1 percent as concerned about the loss of personal liberties and freedoms imposed by government over Covid as it is about the loss of the "right" to an abortion. Not only were they not concerned, they were fully onboard with the taking away of those rights. Particularly egregious was the forced shutdown of churches. If that wasn't a First Amendment violation, I don't know what was. But the media either didn't care or outright supported that loss of freedom.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 03, 2022 11:00 am

Roe v. Wade passed 7-2. I think 5 of the votes came from Republican appointed judges. This is a complete travesty.
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 03, 2022 11:23 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:00 am
Roe v. Wade passed 7-2. I think 5 of the votes came from Republican appointed judges. This is a complete travesty.
Interestingly, the Dred Scott decision was 7-2 also. The legal reasoning in Roe, claiming a right to privacy under the 14th amendment, was just as bad.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 03, 2022 11:45 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:23 am
Honeyman wrote:
Interestingly, the Dred Scott decision was 7-2 also.
You were probably pissed that got overturned, huh?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 03, 2022 11:59 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:45 am

No, I was a Republican.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 03, 2022 12:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:59 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:45 am

No, I was a Republican.
You're older than I thought!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2022 12:18 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Why not Congress just codify the protections found within Roe v. Wade? Technically speaking, the overturning of Roe v. Wade wouldn't send the issue to the states; rather, it would simply send the issue to elected representatives.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 03, 2022 12:47 pm

Justice Roberts has announced a launch of a probe regarding the leak of the draft opinion.

I agree with Ben Zonia that harsh consequences are appropriate if the leaker was someone on staff.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 03, 2022 12:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:01 pm
I find the term older somewhat offensive, I'm Impressive!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 03, 2022 1:12 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:49 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:01 pm
I find the term older somewhat offensive, I'm Impressive!
:lol: My bad...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue May 03, 2022 1:47 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:47 pm
Justice Roberts has announced a launch of a probe regarding the leak of the draft opinion.

I agree with Ben Zonia that harsh consequences are appropriate if the leaker was someone on staff.
It was 100% Breyer. Probably did it all himself to keep his clerks out of hot water. He's 83, one foot out the door, his replacement has been confirmed and doesn't owe Roberts one fuck of respect for letting the court turn into a shitshow that it is.

As for the ruling itself, two things. If we are to accept Alito's premise that R v. W should be stuck down because "it is not deeply rooted in the Nation's history" means any civil protections ruled on in the last 50 years is now fair game. The Civil Rights Act of 1964, Obergefell, the whole shit-eroo gone *poof*.

The other thing is it's proof positive (like we need further evidence) that conservatives have no moral issue with punching down and standing on the necks of those who are least able to fight back. Does anyone believe some white middle class family whose daughter gets impregnated by the school quarterback or the infamous big black rapist is not going to duck the law and get the issue quietly taken care of? Nope, the privileged will smugly pat themselves on the back congratulating each other about how many lives they've saved and ignoring how many lives they've ruined.
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Tue May 03, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2022 2:06 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:47 pm
...no moral issue with punching down and standing on the necks of those who are least able to fight back.
If that doesn't perfectly describe the left's view of an unborn child, I don't know what does.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue May 03, 2022 2:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:06 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:47 pm
...no moral issue with punching down and standing on the necks of those who are least able to fight back.
If that doesn't perfectly describe the left's view of an unborn child, I don't know what does.
Yet you seem to ignore the two sentences that followed. Since you're big into making wagers, I'll fly out to Grand Rapids and buy you the biggest steak Ruth's Chris has to offer the day a conservative gets tossed in jail for breaking the law they themselves enacted by getting an abortion for their wife or daughter in need for whatever the reason.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 03, 2022 2:40 pm

Both of your posts reek of speculation. When a state passes a law outright banning all abortions under all circumstances then we'll see what happens. But until then...

And as if leftist elites haven't been caught time and time again violating their own various Covid restrictions that they impose on others. No speculation there. It has been documented. Many times.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue May 03, 2022 2:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:40 pm
Both of your posts reek of speculation. When a state passes a law outright banning all abortions under all circumstances then we'll see what happens. But until then...

And as if leftist elites haven't been caught time and time again violating their own various Covid restrictions that they impose on others. No speculation there. It has been documented. Many times.
Keep up with the news, blanket restrictions are already in place. If you want to find some moral equivalency in not wearing a mask verses the distinct possibility that at Thanksgiving dinner you'll be sharing a meal with the man who raped your daughter (who also, by the way, could be Uncle Frank), go right ahead. I wouldn't expect any different from you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic