Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

ACLU of Michigan: Record Number of Anti Trans Bills in the Last Few Months

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

ACLU of Michigan: Record Number of Anti Trans Bills in the Last Few Months

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:15 am

Good informative town hall on what's been going on from a transgender perspective as well as other LGBT issues from this Zoom call: https://youtu.be/MKqIe8oArJQ

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

craig11152

Re: ACLU of Michigan: Record Number of Anti Trans Bills in the Last Few Months

Post by craig11152 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:02 am

I didn't watch the link.
How many of those "anti trans" bills are about sports? Do any of them address a trans man competing with men?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:24 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:02 am
I didn't watch the link.
How many of those "anti trans" bills are about sports? Do any of them address a trans man competing with men?
That kind of poses a interesting question. Would a biological female that is transitioning to a male be allowed to participate in women's sports?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:24 am
craig11152 wrote:
I didn't watch the link.
That kind of poses a interesting question. Would a biological female that is transitioning to a male be allowed to participate in women's sports?
Already happened. A Texas boy wanted to wrestle the boys as he was transitioning from female to male. He was placed with the girls because Texas did not recognize transgender athletes. Surprised you don’t remember this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out ... le-n851106

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:17 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:03 am
Bryce wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
I didn't watch the link.
Already happened. A Texas boy wanted to wrestle the boys as he was transitioning from female to male. He was placed with the girls because Texas did not recognize transgender athletes. Surprised you don’t remember this.

That wasn't the question. Read it again.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:33 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:17 am
Bryce wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
I didn't watch the link.

Read my post again. It was a female transitioning to a male who was not just allowed to wrestle but Texas mandated he wrestle girls.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:06 am

Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:33 am
Bryce wrote:
Bryce wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
I didn't watch the link.

Read my post again. It was a female transitioning to a male who was not just allowed to wrestle but Texas mandated he wrestle girls.
Oh, my bad. You had said a "Texas Boy" and I took it literally. What are the NCAA guidelines on this?

According to the article, he/she was taking low dose testosterone. Wouldn't that put a person in violation of doping rules?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:06 am
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:33 am
Bryce wrote:
Bryce wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
I didn't watch the link.

Oh, my bad. You had said a "Texas Boy" and I took it literally. What are the NCAA guidelines on this?

According to the article, he/she was taking low dose testosterone. Wouldn't that put a person in violation of doping rules?
Yes, I refer to transgender people by their proper gender and pronouns. He was taking low testosterone but within safe levels. The Texan high school sports board believed that due to the fact he was born female that they must maintain their patriarchal standards.

As far as the NCAA, I understand that there is a big fight going on that hasn't been resolved.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:34 pm

Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:26 pm
Yes, I refer to transgender people by their proper gender and pronouns.
As defined by whom? According to our latest Supreme Court Justice, shouldn't we check with a biologist?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:56 pm

I tried watching the video in OP but the people running this "town hall" really were struggling to get down to business and it seemed more like a whine session as a lot of what they had to say was incredibly vague. I would be concerned about bills constraining the right of someone to transition from a man to a woman, vice-versa, or living an enby lifestyle.

One thing that I am concerned about is that there is less respect given for the constraints that exist regarding the difference between gender and biological sex. A lot of activist literature and much of the policy pushed for regarding changes to accommodate transpeople fail to acknowledge biological sex as an important consideration. Correct me if I am wrong on this MCRF because you watched the video, but do they discuss the strategy for public policy and where they believe appropriate constraints exist in that video?

Also, it seems to me that for a lot of ciswomen the idea of males deciding to be women is an exercise of privilege, and that their behavior reflects on a misogynist view of women. That is a valid belief.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:56 pm
I tried watching the video in OP but the people running this "town hall" really were struggling to get down to business and it seemed more like a whine session as a lot of what they had to say was incredibly vague. I would be concerned about bills constraining the right of someone to transition from a man to a woman, vice-versa, or living an enby lifestyle.

One thing that I am concerned about is that there is less respect given for the constraints that exist regarding the difference between gender and biological sex. A lot of activist literature and much of the policy pushed for regarding changes to accommodate transpeople fail to acknowledge biological sex as an important consideration. Correct me if I am wrong on this MCRF because you watched the video, but do they discuss the strategy for public policy and where they believe appropriate constraints exist in that video?

Also, it seems to me that for a lot of ciswomen the idea of males deciding to be women is an exercise of privilege, and that their behavior reflects on a misogynist view of women. That is a valid belief.
Not really.

https://youtu.be/lrYx7HaUlMY

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:37 pm

Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

Not really.

TedTalks are bloviating, fart-huffing, mind-numbing garbage. Please don't subject me to this.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:47 am

Bryce wrote:
I seen this yesterday. A former male pro golfer down under who is now a female says it's unfair for her to complete against other female golfers.

Apparently if I read it right, she transitioned in '95. There's some sort of legislation being introduced down there that would prohibit her from competing.

And she's for it.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... 45198095f1

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:05 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:37 pm
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

Not really.

TedTalks are bloviating, fart-huffing, mind-numbing garbage. Please don't subject me to this.
A trans woman shares how she was treated as a man previously and now a woman. Suit yourself.

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:59 am

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:05 am
A trans woman shares how she was treated as a man previously and now a woman. Suit yourself.
I obviously have not seen every Ted Talk. But the speakers I have seen often remind me of parenting experts that have never had kids. Medical experts that have never been a resident. That sort of thing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic