Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prosecution coming for Trump?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Prosecution coming for Trump?

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:27 pm

So making access to voting is wrong?

How do you feel about making election day a US holiday like many first world nations?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:27 pm

How do you feel about making election day a US holiday like many first world nations?
The problem isn't access, it is security.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:06 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:27 pm

The problem isn't access, it is security.
No it's access. When Georgia has one polling place for 150,000 people who all happen to be of a certain color and certain voting tendency, security has nothing to do with it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:03 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:06 pm
No it's access. When Georgia has one polling place for 150,000 people who all happen to be of a certain color and certain voting tendency, security has nothing to do with it.
And which specific precinct are you talking about?

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:39 pm

While TCT's 150,000 number is an absurd exaggeration, Georgia has real issues with disenfranchised voters due to an increase in registered voters combined with fewer places to vote.

Proving voter suppression isn't easy, but in this case if it walks, flies, and quacks like a duck...

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/92452767 ... polling-pl

Wellllll... la de frickin da

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:07 am

To call it an "absurd exaggeration" is being kind. This is why it is hard to take ANYTHING tct has to say in here seriously - every single time he makes a factual claim of any kind that involves numbers it is ALWAYS an extremely absurd exaggeration. The biggest number I could find in that NPR article is just over 8,000 voters per polling place. TCT claims the problem is literally 19x that bad.

At any rate, Georgia doesn't seem to be having problems with voter suppression as they went from a red to a blue state in 2020.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:26 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:07 am
To call it an "absurd exaggeration" is being kind. This is why it is hard to take ANYTHING tct has to say in here seriously - every single time he makes a factual claim of any kind that involves numbers it is ALWAYS an extremely absurd exaggeration. The biggest number I could find in that NPR article is just over 8,000 voters per polling place. TCT claims the problem is literally 19x that bad.

At any rate, Georgia doesn't seem to be having problems with voter suppression as they went from a red to a blue state in 2020.
You are the king of denial. I can put evidence in front of you and you would deny it so I really don't care what you think on this. You know there's problems and you choose not to acknowledge them because the people involved are not your color or your bat shit crazy political party. Do you see anything wrong with the activities that occurred on January 6th?

This analysis of the Georgia law lays it all out for you but you're probably do obtuse to understand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/02/us/p ... tated.html

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:04 pm

8,000 voters per polling place is a very, very big number. Most polling places here in Michigan might have a dozen or so booths available. Perhaps 20 at most. Is Georgia similar?

Ballots in big elections could take 5 or more minutes to complete for those who do not vote a straight ticket. Let's say five minutes for sake of argument. That means throughput per booth, on average, is only 12 voters per hour.

If voting hours are 7a to 8p, that means each individual booth can only handle 156 voters per day.

If I reduce ballot completion time to 3 minutes, then each individual booth can handle 260 voters per day.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:14 pm

8,000 is a big number. But it isn't 150,000 as claimed by this site's exaggerator-in-chief. He shouldn't get a free pass every single time he makes such ridiculously false factual claims just because underlying underneath his exaggeration might be a valid point worth looking at.

btw - Recent polling suggests that 90% or more of ballots cast are straight-ticket; perhaps as high as 96%. I personally don't vote straight-ticket. I vote for every position on the ballot, and I would guess it takes me 4-5 minutes to complete. But for the other 9 in 10 voters, how long does it take to cast a straight-ticket ballot?

https://www.courthousenews.com/most-reg ... oll-shows/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:55 pm

So ignore the exaggeration and respond to the horrible law Georgia passed specifically to keep Stacey Abrams from winning the Governors office.

You won't because the law benefits white men as they become less and less of the population.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:01 pm

I'm stunned the straight ticket voting rates are so high. That is scary. I wonder how many straight ticket voters skip the non partisan portion of the ballot? That answer obviously would have a big bearing on throughput rates at polling places.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:54 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:01 pm
I'm stunned the straight ticket voting rates are so high. That is scary. I wonder how many straight ticket voters skip the non partisan portion of the ballot? That answer obviously would have a big bearing on throughput rates at polling places.
Remember the cycle when straight ticket voting did NOT exist? That was glorious. Also, I don't want an idiot that votes straight ticket voting on other issues.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:19 pm

Straight ticket should be eliminated!!! That's essentially the STATE endorsing a whole party (on either side). If YOU don't know who you'd want to vote for in any particular position or election, then you SHOULDN'T vote AT ALL for that position!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:24 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:19 pm
Straight ticket should be eliminated!!! That's essentially the STATE endorsing a whole party (on either side). If YOU don't know who you'd want to vote for in any particular position or election, then you SHOULDN'T vote AT ALL for that position!!
It was eliminated, and then voters voted it back into existence on one of the worthless 2018 proposals.

https://ballotpedia.org/Michigan_Propos ... ive_(2018)

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:50 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:55 pm
So ignore the exaggeration and respond to the horrible law Georgia passed specifically to keep Stacey Abrams from winning the Governors office.

So, let me get this straight. When Stacey Abrams claims that laws and procedures were changed in Georgia that affected the outcome of the vote, it's just and true. When Trump claims that the rules and procedures in Pennsylvania were changed and affected the outcome of the election it's horsepucky?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic