Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can You Define What A Woman Is?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Can You Define What A Woman Is?

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:03 am

I imagine you can. Pretty much any third grade student could, But, it seems the latest Supreme Court nominee cannot.

In a follow up to question about the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s statement in U.S. v. Virginia that men and women are not “fungible” and that physical differences between the sexes “are enduring.” Sen. Marsha Blackburn asked this question, “Could you provide a definition for the word ’woman?" The nominee, Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson replied, “No, I can’t, not in this context. I’m not a biologist.”

Much is made about the fact that Judge Jackson is set to become "The first black woman to sit on the Supreme Court," Don't you find it odd that she is either unable or unwilling to define what a woman is, on record? Personally, I think she is unwilling do so for fear of angering the far left.

If Supreme Court Justices are unable to interpret simple words like "woman," can they be expected to look at the COTUS and interpret original intent of the words and meanings contained within it? Will her rulings be made in such a way as to not anger the far left?

To quote British feminist Kellie-Jay Keen when asked how a non-scientist can define the word “woman”: “I’m not a vet, but I know what a dog is.”

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15062

Re: Can You Define What A Woman Is?

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:50 pm

The problem with this is that too many Americans live in 1845. Back then, a woman was anyone over a certain age, who could be married and was born with a va-jay-jay. People were taught that forever, until recently. The definition is more fluid nowadays. Laverne Cox is a woman, however, was not in earlier times. One does not have to even have a chromosome or a va-Jay-Jay to be a woman. I knew I was one early on, but was not born as. My gender was always "non-binary," until recent years. Those that know me in radio know this fact. Too bad too few still know me.

Since the definition of "woman" keeps changing, it might be wise not to be pinned down for "the other side" to oppress her (now or later on) with a current definition.

Open minds will bring peace.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:25 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:50 pm
T

Since the definition of "woman" keeps changing,
Therein lies the problem. Changing definitions to fit a desired narrative.

Woman; an adult female. See how easy that was.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:06 am

What everyone should remember is she has to keep her party happy in order to secure her seat on the court. Any nominee does, so they have to make sure their answers are in line with party doctrine. I am sure she knows the answer to the question but she had to give the right answer for her party, not the right answer period. Personally to me there are two answers to that question currently, those who were born a woman and those who transition to a woman.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:32 am

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:41 am

zzand wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:06 am
What everyone should remember is she has to keep her party happy in order to secure her seat on the court. Any nominee does, so they have to make sure their answers are in line with party doctrine. I am sure she knows the answer to the question but she had to give the right answer for her party, not the right answer period. Personally to me there are two answers to that question currently, those who were born a woman and those who transition to a woman.
That's what the Supreme Court has BECOME. Not what the Supreme Court was intended to be.

The Supreme Court was supposed to interpret Laws based on Constitutional Principles, not be a small partisan population voting like a so called DEMOCRACY.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:03 am

The easy way around her non-answer would have been these follow-up questions:

"Are you a woman?"

"What makes you a woman?"

How do you think she would have answered these?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:35 am

Biden should have selected Judge Child's, but he bent over backwards for the far left.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:35 am
Biden should have selected Judge Child's, but he bent over backwards for the far left.
More like he bent over forward and handed them a bottle of lube. When you have people like Alan Deshowitz calling her testimony an "embarrassment," you know there is a problem there.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:53 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:06 am
I am sure she knows the answer to the question but she had to give the right answer for her party, not the right answer period.
So we can expect the same regarding her future rulings? That alone should disqualify her from a seat on the high court.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:53 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:50 pm
When you have people like Alan Deshowitz calling her testimony an "embarrassment," you know there is a problem there.
The same Alan Dershowitz who defended O.J
Simpson?
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:23 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:53 pm

The same Alan Dershowitz who defended O.J
Simpson?
Yeah? He also defended Harry Reems and Harvey Weinstein.
EVERYONE is entitled to representation in our court system.

He is a SCHOLAR of Constitutional Law but leans politically left and was a supporter of Hillary Clinton. Which in my opinion, gives even more weight to his comments on the matter.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:33 pm

Boy Bruce you're really going to be pissed when a black woman is confirmed.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:33 pm
Who is Bruce?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:52 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:33 pm
Who is Bruce?
Bryce (stupid autocorrect)
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic