Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Imagine...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Imagine...

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon May 08, 2023 11:16 am

Imagine that the Mexican drug cartels had come across the border and randomly murdered 145 Americans.

Or that radical jihadists had highjacked 50 planes.

We'd do something about it.

190 random Americans have been killed in mass and other shootings this year

And we do... <crickets>

km1125

Re: Imagine...

Post by km1125 » Mon May 08, 2023 11:39 am

695 people were slaughtered in Chicago last year. What are "we" doing about that?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 08, 2023 11:52 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:39 am
695 people were slaughtered in Chicago last year. What are "we" doing about that?
And guns are illegal in Chicago.

And who is to say the shooters weren't here illegally? Many have been deported numerous times and returned to kill.

And these are not your high level migrants, almost all adult males, almost all are known to be in trouble/criminals in their country of origin.

This last guy in Texas is not a "White supremacist", he is Hispanic. Unless now Hispanics are White and White supremacists.

Trump is now 7 points ahead of Biden in a direct matchup poll. And 18% of people who believe Trump should be prosecuted (persecuted actually) would STILL vote for Trump over Biden. People REALLY don't like what America has become under Biden.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 08, 2023 12:17 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:16 am
Imagine that the Mexican drug cartels had come across the border and randomly murdered 145 Americans.

Or that radical jihadists had highjacked 50 planes.

We'd do something about it.

190 random Americans have been killed in mass and other shootings this year

And we do... <crickets>

But wait. Weren't those 190 all taken out by a well regulated militia?
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 08, 2023 6:36 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:52 am
km1125 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:39 am
And guns are illegal in Chicago.

And who is to say the shooters weren't here illegally? Many have been deported numerous times and returned to kill.

And these are not your high level migrants, almost all adult males, almost all are known to be in trouble/criminals in their country of origin.

This last guy in Texas is not a "White supremacist", he is Hispanic. Unless now Hispanics are White and White supremacists.

Trump is now 7 points ahead of Biden in a direct matchup poll. And 18% of people who believe Trump should be prosecuted (persecuted actually) would STILL vote for Trump over Biden. People REALLY don't like what America has become under Biden.
Hispanic is a group of people tied together by the fact they speak Spanish. It is not a race. Plenty of white people are also Hispanic.

Do you remain ignorant on purpose or accidentally?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 08, 2023 7:11 pm

China has killed over 1 million Americans with its Coronavirus.

What have we done about that?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon May 08, 2023 8:33 pm

"Good morning, sir. You know why I stopped you?"

"No idea, sir."

"You were doing 95 in 60. License and registration, please."

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GUY IN THE WHITE TOWN CAR??? HE WAS DOING 82! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE PEOPLE DONE 100 AND NOT GOTTEN A TICKET? HUH??? HUH!?!?!?!?!?! AND WHAT ABOUT JOHN WAYNE GACY! HE--"

"You know what, sir? You're right. Ignoring the topic at hand and bringing other non-corresponding issues that have nothing to do with this situation works. Here's your ID back, sir. Have a great day"
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 08, 2023 10:08 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:33 pm

"No idea, sir."

"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GUY IN THE WHITE TOWN CAR??? HE WAS DOING 82! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE PEOPLE DONE 100 AND NOT GOTTEN A TICKET? HUH??? HUH!?!?!?!?!?! AND WHAT ABOUT JOHN WAYNE GACY! HE--"

"You know what, sir? You're right. Ignoring the topic at hand and bringing other non-corresponding issues that have nothing to do with this situation works. Here's your ID back, sir. Have a great day"
Fake Boy was doing 95 in a 60? He should have been beaten with a baton. Tazed at the very least.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 08, 2023 10:13 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 7:11 pm
China has killed over 1 million Americans with its Coronavirus.

What have we done about that?
We have people that were in our government that aided and abetted China.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue May 09, 2023 8:44 am

Let's review..

1) Assuming that by "doing something" I'm saying "gun control" is wrong. We don't and won't have any effective gun control laws that are able to both pass and be enforced in America today. Kinda like prohibition - because THAT sure worked.

2) Everyone is so fucking scared right now... and Stand Your Ground laws (which have NOTHING to do with 2A) don't help.

3) What the fuck does this actually mean? As an American worried about the state of my country - I want to take action. It seems all those enthralled with guns just want to sit around and complain.
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:33 pm

"No idea, sir."

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 8:51 am

Working on restoring the nuclear family would go a long way to helping the issue. It serves as a safety net for troubled kids.

Also more community mental health initiatives.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 09, 2023 10:00 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:44 am
2) Everyone is so fucking scared right now... and Stand Your Ground laws (which have NOTHING to do with 2A) don't help.
When did Stand-your-Ground laws become the latest boogeyman in this debate in this country? Do you have any evidence that of the 20,138 gun murders in the US in 2022 that any significant number of those came as a result of people abusing stand-your-ground laws?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 09, 2023 10:05 am

While still unacceptably high, just for some perspective here, gun murders are still lower than they were in the early 1990s as well as most of the 1970s. The recent spike correlates directly with Covid, and I would argue that it came not as a result of the virus itself, but as a result of the government's reaction to the virus. But nobody wants to talk about that. The government overstepped its authority, and society is suffering as a result, in MANY ways, including an increase in murders and suicides, but lets talk about stand-your-ground laws instead. :roll:

Also btw - the numbers for 2022 are down slightly from 2021.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 10:47 am

Whitmer way overstepped her authority on Covid, and the Supreme Court of Michigan unanimously concurred. Yet the "vote by mail" folks voted for her again. Many folks already left the state permanently, including apparently TCT who called the state "cra-cra" in 2020 and left.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:08 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:47 am
Whitmer way overstepped her authority on Covid, and the Supreme Court of Michigan unanimously concurred. Yet the "vote by mail" folks voted for her again. Many folks already left the state permanently, including apparently TCT who called the state "cra-cra" in 2020 and left.
Oh, and don't forget Bernstein. He's still milking the state coffers daily but has been largely absent from his desk for a couple years now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic