Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Clarence Thomas' wife tried to overturn democracy

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Clarence Thomas' wife tried to overturn democracy

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:16 pm

I hope Thomas is recused from that trial at a minimum. He really should step down from the bench.
WASHINGTON — Buried in the thousands of documents that Mark Meadows, former President Donald J. Trump’s final White House chief of staff, turned over late last year to the House committee examining the Jan. 6 attack were text messages that presented the panel with a political land mine: what to do about Virginia Thomas, the wife of Justice Clarence Thomas.

The messages showed that Ms. Thomas relentlessly urged Mr. Meadows to overturn the 2020 presidential election, which she called a “heist,” and indicated that she reached out to Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, about Mr. Trump’s legal efforts to keep power. She even suggested the lawyer who should be put in charge of that effort.

The public disclosure of the messages on Thursday focused new attention on one avenue of the investigation and risked creating a rare rift within the committee about how aggressively to pursue it, including whether to seek testimony from Ms. Thomas, who goes by Ginni.
NY Times

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15062

Re: Clarence Thomas' wife tried to overturn democracy

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:03 am

To be honest, I'm not sure that Clarence was not involved. I think he was somehow. Only time will prove this. Can a SCOTUS Justice be de-seated/booted?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:22 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:03 am
. Can a SCOTUS Justice be de-seated/booted?
He can be impeached, just like Trump was, twice.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:43 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:16 pm
I hope Thomas is recused from that trial at a minimum. He really should step down from the bench.
Recused from what trial?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:41 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:22 am
TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:03 am
. Can a SCOTUS Justice be de-seated/booted?
He can be impeached, just like Trump was, twice.
"Impeach" seems to only be words. See the Trump (King of the United States of Russia) impeachment, which did nothing.

Can he be thrown out of his seat?

kager

Post by kager » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:02 am

More proof the left is just as active at brewing conspiracy stories as the right.
For being married to an activist with clout and views opposing yours?

Trying to remember how BJ Clinton was thrown out of his seat.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:27 am

kager wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:02 am
More proof the left is just as active at brewing conspiracy stories as the right.

Once again, I AM NOT LEFT!!!!! I AM CENTER!!!! You finally seeing this???? It's been everywhere in this platform, if you take your head out of your fukking ass!

And nobody mentioned "married to..." where's you get that from? Your stash of ludes? And nobody is figuring up conspiracies. Get off the cross, I need the wood to keep warm!

Deleted User 15773

Post by Deleted User 15773 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:09 pm

There would/will likely be pressure for him to step down from the bench, I would like to see that myself.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:16 pm

So just to be clear here; the position being espoused is that once somebody becomes a Supreme Court Justice, his/her spouse is thereby prohibited from engaging in political activism?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:18 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:16 pm
So just to be clear here; the position being espoused is that once somebody becomes a Supreme Court Justice, his/her spouse is thereby prohibited from engaging in political activism?
Is this political activism or treason? She clearly isn't a fan of upholding the constitution, and she married Clarence for a reason.

I do think shinning a bright light on this will be a core tenant of the 4th estate. Hopefully Cheif Justice Brown will keep a watchful eye on this.

BMW how do these kinds of powerful attempts to circumvent democracy sit with you?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:25 pm

You have specifically called for a Supreme Court Justice to step down from the bench because of the actions of his spouse. I'm not here to debate you on the merits of exactly what to call her behavior or what (if anything) should happen to her as a consequence.

Let me ask my question another way - are we all responsible for the actions of our spouses?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:18 pm
I do think shinning a bright light on this will be a core tenant of the 4th estate. Hopefully Cheif Justice Brown will keep a watchful eye on this.
John Roberts is the chief justice, and the nominees last name is Jackson, not Brown. Interesting that you have played the race card yet don't have an even basic understanding of the facts at play.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:49 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:27 am
kager wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:02 am

Once again, I AM NOT LEFT!!!!! I AM CENTER!!!! You finally seeing this???? It's been everywhere in this platform, if you take your head out of your fukking ass!

And nobody mentioned "married to..." where's you get that from? Your stash of ludes? And nobody is figuring up conspiracies. Get off the cross, I need the wood to keep warm!
My first comment was regarding the subject of the posting by the OP.

Frankly, I could care less about how you define yourself. Believe it or not, it's not always about you.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:17 pm

Actually it is. Just like everybody else. Isn't that what this section of the forum is about? Our own selfish beliefs?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:26 pm

Deleted User 15062 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:17 pm
Actually it is. Just like everybody else. Isn't that what this section of the forum is about? Our own selfish beliefs?
So this user posted this and then immediately deleted his account? Weird...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic