Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Employ violent cops? Pay 14 million dollars

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Employ violent cops? Pay 14 million dollars

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:53 pm

Denver just learned that letting the union thugs who run rouge "training workshops" inside the police department is a costly mistake. I guarantee every police department in the US will take notice.

This literally is helping defund police...
Jurors in Colorado on Friday ordered the city and county of Denver to pay $14 million in damages to 12 plaintiffs after finding that police officers used excessive force against them during demonstrations over the killing of George Floyd in 2020.

The civil case in the U.S. District Court of Colorado was the first in the nation in which a lawsuit accusing the police of misconduct during the 2020 protests went to trial, according to the plaintiffs’ lawyers, who added that it could set a precedent for other pending cases across the country involving police misconduct against protesters in the George Floyd demonstrations.

The jury of eight Coloradans concluded that the city and county failed to properly train its police and that as a result, officers violated the plaintiffs’ constitutional rights under the First and Fourth Amendments.

“The verdict is a message to the police department, to the highest echelons of the police department, but also a message to police departments all over the country,” said Mark Silverstein, legal director with the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado, which represented the plaintiffs in the case.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/26/us/d ... uling.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Employ violent cops? Pay 14 million dollars

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:11 pm

The city paid that out? That's interesting because an Ohio cop I know claimed that qualified immunity only protects officers when they do no wrong doing. Turns out it protects them no matter what. Blacks are the targets of the abuse and then the poor taxpayers(of whom many are Black) are on the hook to pay it out. Amazing how that works.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:08 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:11 pm
The city paid that out? That's interesting because an Ohio cop I know claimed that qualified immunity only protects officers when they do no wrong doing. Turns out it protects them no matter what. Blacks are the targets of the abuse and then the poor taxpayers(of whom many are Black) are on the hook to pay it out. Amazing how that works.
Hitting any organization in the wallet is effective...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:03 pm

I have been victimized by the police several times. Each time, it was called 'necessary force'. Even a beating worse than Rodney King. I never got one cent from anybody for any of these.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:29 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:03 pm
I have been victimized by the police several times. Each time, it was called 'necessary force'. Even a beating worse than Rodney King. I never got one cent from anybody for any of these.
If so, you should have hired a decent attorney who won’t cower from the blue abusers.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:48 pm

paul8539 wrote:
That's on you for being a dumbass. No one is above the law...

― Noam Chomsky

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:24 pm

The police are not above the law. They ARE the law. According to them, they can do anything they want as long as they call it 'necessary force'.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:58 am

paul8539 wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:24 pm
The police are not above the law. They ARE the law. According to them, they can do anything they want as long as they call it 'necessary force'.
Well I guess Denver just learned that's not correct, and perhaps a conversation with an attorney might be in your future.

― Noam Chomsky

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:23 pm

Do you really think a nationalized STASI type force, with no effective oversight, would be less violent? Union thugs at least aren't centralized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:08 pm
Nice in theory but in order to get the police department's attention the money needed to come directly out of the departments budget. What makes you think the police give a crap about Parks & Rec, the Fire department or anything else in the city government getting burned as long as their beloved department's funding remains untouched and unaffected?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:09 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:13 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Nice in theory but in order to get the police department's attention the money needed to come directly out of the departments budget. What makes you think the police give a crap about Parks & Rec, the Fire department or anything else in the city government getting burned as long as their beloved department's funding remains untouched and unaffected?
You don't think that the leadership at the police department in Denver are going to be facing some dire consequences over the situation?

― Noam Chomsky

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:44 pm

paul8539 wrote:
You might want to re-evaluate what you do in your life that seems to bring you into negative interactions with law enforcement...

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:06 pm

Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:29 pm
paul8539 wrote:
If so, you should have hired a decent attorney who won’t cower from the blue abusers.
How about he stops breaking the law, you know when that happens, police show up, I know that is very inconvenient, especially if you're committing a crime...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:42 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:06 pm
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:29 pm
paul8539 wrote:
How about he stops breaking the law, you know when that happens, police show up, I know that is very inconvenient, especially if you're committing a crime...
Aren't we drawing some broad conclusions tonight... There are plenty of bad cops messing with good citizens these days.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _brutality

― Noam Chomsky

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:40 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:09 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:13 pm
TC Talks wrote:
You don't think that the leadership at the police department in Denver are going to be facing some dire consequences over the situation?
No. Denver isn't as liberal as people seem to think. Sure, just because Colorado was the first state to establish a recreational marijuana market doesn't mean they don't or won't support whatever the police do there. Drive 10 minutes away from Invesco Field (2001–11)/Sports Authority Field (2011–18)/ Broncos Stadium (2018–19)/Empower Field (2020 - present) and it gets conservative pretty quickly. If the police lose the lawsuit, they'll only get a hand slap. Maybe no new surplus tanks from the Army for a year...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic