Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

You're Too Stupid For Us To Tell You...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

You're Too Stupid For Us To Tell You...

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:54 pm

The CDC has admitted it is withholding large portions of COVID-19 data — including on vaccine boosters — from the public because it fears the information could be misinterpreted.

But another reason is that the data could be misinterpreted by the public, Kristen Nordlund, a CDC spokeswoman admitted.

Among the data that has been collected but not made public is hospitalizations broken down by age, race and vaccination status over the last year and information on the effectiveness of booster shots.

When the CDC released data on the effectiveness of boosters for adults younger than 65 two weeks ago, it did not include full numbers on those between 18 and 49.
Wow, kind of reminds me of the leaders of the Catholic Church deciding on which books would be included in the official bible based on how well the text conformed with current Christian teaching and the ability for the masses to understand them. Ever wonder why the Book's of Enoch never made it?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

ZenithCKLW

Re: You're Too Stupid For Us To Tell You...

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:06 pm

Where did this quoted statement come from?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:51 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:06 pm
Where did this quoted statement come from?
N. Y. Times. But it's behind a paywall.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:11 pm

If I'm reading that right, they're withholding it for two reasons.

The first being that "it could be misinterpreted" and the second being "it could be misinterpreted".

Am I missing something?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:53 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:54 pm
The CDC has admitted it is withholding large portions of COVID-19 data — including on vaccine boosters — from the public because it fears the information could be misinterpreted.

But another reason is that the data could be misinterpreted by the public, Kristen Nordlund, a CDC spokeswoman admitted.

Among the data that has been collected but not made public is hospitalizations broken down by age, race and vaccination status over the last year and information on the effectiveness of booster shots.

When the CDC released data on the effectiveness of boosters for adults younger than 65 two weeks ago, it did not include full numbers on those between 18 and 49.
Wow, kind of reminds me of the leaders of the Catholic Church deciding on which books would be included in the official bible based on how well the text conformed with current Christian teaching and the ability for the masses to understand them. Ever wonder why the Book's of Enoch never made it?
The books of Enoch didn't make it due to the fact that it conflicted with other books of the Bible and denied the divinity of Christ.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15773

Post by Deleted User 15773 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:01 pm

Much like organized government, I find organized religion to have the same sort of feel to it. Division, fighting, and self righteousness. However many people feel the need for it and I suppose a little bit of Foma is harmless but large amount can have dire consequences. Yes, I believe Freak is correct about Enoch.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:55 pm

Grim Reaper wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:01 pm
Much like organized government, I find organized religion to have the same sort of feel to it. Division, fighting, and self righteousness. However many people feel the need for it ...
I think for many, church has become another social function. Like belonging to the Moose, a bowling league, etc.

A place that people have to like you. A place to hang out. Most have midweek activities now that don't have anything to do with religion. Some have basketball and food courts. Book stores and playscapes. Free continental breakfast on Sunday mornings.

I wonder how many pay attention to the message from the pulpit. While the pastor is up there yelling about the perils of sin, they are trying to decide where to have lunch after church lets out.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:31 pm

It could be misinterpreted by the public...

And - once public - it could be misused by the insurance companies.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic