Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brittney Griner vs "Missing White Woman"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Brittney Griner vs "Missing White Woman"

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:29 am

This speaks volumes as to how much biased there is in Media. Only the organizations that are considered to be credible have limited coverage, the more conservative victim media hardly mentions the fact that an American has been detained on bogus charges.
Aileen Gallagher, an associate professor of journalism at Syracuse University, says, "It is absurd this isn't a H*** story" dominating the airwaves as well as the front pages of America's largest newspapers.

"It is a clear domestic connection to the biggest story in the world right now that also involves an athlete who is considered one of the best to ever play the game," Gallagher told NPR.

She called it the "exact inverse of the 'missing-white-woman syndrome,' " a term coined by journalist Gwen Ifill to describe the constant news coverage, largely by cable news outlets, after a white woman goes missing. In Griner's case, Gallagher said, "We haven't seen anything like that."
https://www.npr.org/2022/03/18/10874186 ... at-be-good

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Re: Brittney Griner vs "Missing White Woman"

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Interestingly, ultra liberal Mark Levin spent about 15 minutes on this story the other night.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:19 pm

They're not actually bogus charges in Russia - she broke their laws. Also, we know where she is, meaning she's not missing. She is being detained for what we as Americans would generally say is bullshit, but she chose to break their laws. Your wokeness radar failed you again...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:56 pm

^ This

I no longer directly engage trolls

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:27 pm

The Russians claim that she broke some of their laws. She is an American. She probably did not break some American laws.

Using their logic, if someone disagrees with the Russians in this forum, if they try to go to Russia, they can be detained for speaking up against Russia.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:56 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:27 pm
The Russians claim that she broke some of their laws. She is an American. She probably did not break some American laws.
Using this logic, the next time I go visit Turkeytop, and get caught speeding on the 401, I should be let go because it's not an American law to obey the speed limit in Canada.

Hey, the sign said the speed limit is 100. How did I know it was kilometers per hour? We don't use no stinkin' metric system in the states.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:17 am

Part of the issue is also that she is LGBTQ+. That plays into coverage too. The Repubs only want to mention it, while the Dems just want it to be the only subject about her... and the trans rumors. Folks, that's why you balance out your news and check news from other countries.

Places like Global News seem to focus on the story and not the political leanings. We need more outlets to be fact only. Editorialism and opinionism turn me off, as they are telling me what and how to think.

Would anyone show a missing Native American? I sincerely doubt it. So.... what ethnicities have more clout? White and black, but not anything in between. Notice that I'm the first to point this out. Let's stop being 2, maybe 3 ethnicities!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:44 am

It’s hard for me to feel bad for someone who willingly decided to live there. If she was visiting at a tournament or something, that would be one thing.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:06 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:44 am
It’s hard for me to feel bad for someone who willingly decided to live there. If she was visiting at a tournament or something, that would be one thing.
I've done a bit of googling. From what I can find, she lives in Arizona. How did you ascertain she lives in Russia?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:12 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:06 pm
I've done a bit of googling. From what I can find, she lives in Arizona. How did you ascertain she lives in Russia?
She was playing professionally in Russia in the WNBA off-season.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:22 pm

Not just any "Missing White Woman"

She has the be a young, good looking, middle class, white woman.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:12 pm
Circle Seven wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:06 pm
She was playing professionally in Russia in the WNBA off-season.
Looks like she will be living.... I mean dying... in Russia. Prisoners and labor camp criminals get tortured and killed in Russia. That is a norm. Prisoners do it for favors and booze, while the guards encourage it. Medical issues = slow execution, as we are seeing with the US military guy. I forget his name.

She won't be getting a gf in prison over there!

It's guarenteed that she will be guilty in court, if the crime did not actually happen. China and Russia are both like that.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:33 pm

Circle Seven: That is a good enough argument for me. But why would you want to visit TurkeyTop in Canada?

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:15 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:33 pm
Circle Seven: That is a good enough argument for me. But why would you want to visit TurkeyTop in Canada?
He knows the sommelier at The Keg Steakhouse. Excellent recommendation for what pairs with their prime steak.

Don't let this working class facade fool you. Turkeytop keeps his elbows off the table and knows which one is the salad fork.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:19 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:15 pm
paul8539 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:33 pm
Don't let this working class facade fool you. Turkeytop keeps his elbows off the table and knows which one is the salad fork.

Are you suggesting that we, in the working class would usually be uncouth?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic