Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tobacco prohibition

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Chrocket87

Re: Tobacco prohibition

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:58 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:36 pm
I think we will see an influx of Aussie cig smugglers to New Zealand very soon. Give people a reason to quit: offer lower cost healthcare options for those who quite smoking.
Doesn’t NZ have universal healthcare? If so, the long-term effects of banning tobacco would likely save taxpayers quite a bit.

I completely support banning public smoking and even smoking with children in a vehicle. I’m ok with people smoking in a private place without getting the secondhand smoke on everyone else.

Deleted User 15915

Post by Deleted User 15915 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:35 am

Bunch a commie hippie clap crap, I like my Co-pays, my PPO, and Blue Cross just dern fine.

Folks will get what they want, Old Zeeland gonna find out with that just like America found out with Prohibition.

-Old Duke

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:44 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:58 pm
I think we will see an influx of Aussie cig smugglers to New Zealand very soon. Give people a reason to quit: offer lower cost healthcare options for those who quite smoking.
Doesn’t NZ have universal healthcare? If so, the long-term effects of banning tobacco would likely save taxpayers quite a bit.

I completely support banning public smoking and even smoking with children in a vehicle. I’m ok with people smoking in a private place without getting the secondhand smoke on everyone else.
They have a quasi public health system similar to Britain and Canada where the wealthy can get privatized insurance, but the bulk of the population receives public care.

I never said anything about being against smoke free bars and pubs. Much easier to control an atmosphere like that just as we have here. And I also support banning smoking in cars with children. That’s harder to enforce but still a good law.

My point stands that Aussies would smuggle cigs in. Just saying.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:20 am

I just can't grasp the concept of inhaling smoke.

If I was to light a piece of paper on fire,
would anyone inhale the smoke coming off the burning paper? Would anyone breath in the smoke from a campfire?

I've never understood getting started. And to get addicted? Strange.

kager

Post by kager » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:19 pm

OK.

So, potheads who smoke NOTHING have great lungs, but above the neck... maybe not so much.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:02 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:20 am
I just can't grasp the concept of inhaling smoke.

If I was to light a piece of paper on fire,
would anyone inhale the smoke coming off the burning paper? Would anyone breath in the smoke from a campfire?

I've never understood getting started. And to get addicted? Strange.
Getting addicted isn't a choice. You do it once and you could want it again and on from there. Nothing strange about it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:09 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:58 pm

See, I think you're on to something here. And it sort of proves the point that, if people could just be counted on to do the right thing personally, we wouldn't need things like bans and regulations.

I'm a smoker. I hate it. I'd give anything to quit. And I make sure my stepdaughters know how disgusting and how expensive a habit it is.

I don't smoke in the house. Ever. For anything. -20 outside? Bundle up. Forget ever lighting up in the car with the kids, and smoking is not allowed in my wife's car. If I want a cigarette, I step outside, away from everyone. It's just common sense and common courtesy.

My father smoked. In the house. In the car. With us kids. I can remember being eight years old and sick with a bad cold, and he sat in the living room where I was laying down and proceeded to puff away. Can we use the "different time" excuse? Maybe. But what I do know is that my addiction doesn't need to be anyone else's problem. I keep the butt can clean, the ashtray clean, I'm not a pig about it. I don't feel the need to pull the "I HAVE A RIGHT!!!!" card.

It's kind of like anything else. If people just had a sense of decency...........

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic