Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How concerned are you about the possibility of World War III ?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: How concerned are you about the possibility of World War III ?

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:51 am

I think we all need to be reminded that only one country has ever used nukes and it is us.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:13 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:51 am
I think we all need to be reminded that only one country has ever used nukes and it is us.
You forgot to add "...in times of war" Do you regret that we did that? Would you have preferred if he had let WWII run the course conventionally??

Lots of countries have used nukes. THOUSANDS of nukes have been detonated over the last 75 years. The two that we detonated in WWII are "baby" nukes compared to what's available now.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:16 am

There is a big difference between testing and using in the real world. Do I regret we used them? yes. Do I think there was another option? No.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:03 pm

Putin hates to lose. If he gets desperate enough there's no telling what he might try.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:12 pm

Peace through pacification has historically never worked.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:12 pm

I'm not certain of to whom that was directed. But I'm certainly not advocating for any kind of appeasement.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:56 am

Bryce wrote:
It is a little different this time around though. Biden's philosophy seems to be "peace through sanctions." Putin seemingly doesn't care.

I gotta be honest - I'm close to being back on the Trump train for 2024. Despite all his faults, he at least knows how to deal with foreign adversaries, and by the end of Biden's term, the US will be significantly weaker within the world political system than it was at the end of Trump's term.

Biden doesn't have the slightest effing clue how to deal with Russia.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:57 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:56 am
Bryce wrote:
It is a little different this time around though. Biden's philosophy seems to be "peace through sanctions." Putin seemingly doesn't care.

I gotta be honest - I'm close to being back on the Trump train for 2024. Despite all his faults, he at least knows how to deal with foreign adversaries, and by the end of Biden's term, the US will be significantly weaker within the world political system than it was at the end of Trump's term.

https://images.app.goo.gl/sADvnD2z8PZAs4TM8

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:48 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:57 pm

https://images.app.goo.gl/sADvnD2z8PZAs4TM8
That image is more accurate of Biden's foreign policy thus far.

btw - Trump is currently slightly favored over any other candidate to win the 2024 presidency, at least on PredictIt.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Bryce wrote:

If you mean that Trump knows how to deal with his fascist friends (our adversaries) by sucking them off, then absolutely. He loves Putin and Kim Jong Un.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:04 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:31 pm
bmw wrote:
Bryce wrote:

If you mean that Trump knows how to deal with his fascist friends (our adversaries) by sucking them off, then absolutely. He loves Putin and Kim Jong Un.
You forgot the "other pronoun".... Xi.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:07 am

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:41 pm

I'm not sure any occupant of the White House could've prevented Putin from doing what he has already done.

At some point, I think NATO is going to have to intervene militarily if there is any hope of Ukraine remaining sovereign. It is clear Ukrainian forces are being overwhelmed. Most of Ukraine will be in Russian hands by the time economic sanctions choke Russia hard.

Putin wants to reestablish the Iron Curtain.

As an aside, Kamala Harris is completely out of her element and is the wrong person to be running point on our country's behalf. She is a complete lightweight.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:13 pm

Where is the U.N. on this?? I know they did a vote to condemn the action, but what kind of action are they REALLY taking?? The whole purpose for that group was to AVOID war between member nations, and both Russia and Ukraine are members.

If Russia can't play by the rules, why aren't they being kicked out of the U.N.??

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:48 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:41 pm
I'm not sure any occupant of the White House could've prevented Putin from doing what he has already done.
Everybody puts this in the form of "if Trump were President now..."

I'll ask a different question. Do you think Putin would have went in between 2017 and 2020 if Hillary had been President then?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic