Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How concerned are you about the possibility of World War III ?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 9015

Re: How concerned are you about the possibility of World War III ?

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:17 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:33 am
One indisputable fact remains. Putin did not invade the Ukraine during the Trump presidency. Whatever the reason may be, he felt emboldened to do so now.

Doesn't it make you wonder, even a little bit, about the 3 million dollars the wife of the Mayor of Moscow sent to Hunter Biden?
This is true. This did not happen during the Trump admin, it happened during the Turnip admin. We should definitely keep presidents who are friends with dictators in office because their presence as president could motivate the dictator's actions. Or maybe not. WHO NOSE?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:42 pm

I think the reason Neckbeard and others are making up excuses now is because he and people like him defended our disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan and don't want to admit now that we are starting to see the consequences of that disaster.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:42 pm
I think the reason Neckbeard and others are making up excuses now is because he and people like him defended our disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan and don't want to admit now that we are starting to see the consequences of that disaster.
This isn't really relevant, because we don't know what would have happened if Trump won with regards to Afghanistan. We do know that he made the deal to withdraw, and that was going to happen. We have no idea if it would have been better than Biden's clusterfuck, although it is hard to imagine that going worse. Putin didn't attack Ukraine during the Clinton, Bush, or Obama presidencies either, although he did take aggressive actions previously. As I continue to say, it is time to move on from Trump, and nonsensical hypotheticals really don't accomplish anything.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:17 pm

I'm not talking hypotheticals.

FACT - Putin didn't invade anybody while Trump was President.
FACT - Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan left innocent Americans as well as military equipment behind.
FACT - Putin invaded Ukraine barely a year into Biden's Presidency.

I don't think it is difficult to support the argument that Putin's invasion of Ukraine and its timing is at least in-part a direct consequence of how Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal played out. There's no need to look at the hypothetical if it had played out differently. It happened the way it happened and Putin saw weakness.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:07 pm
Trump, and nonsensical hypotheticals really don't accomplish anything.
Shit, the Democrats launched a three year investigation and special prosecutor because of nonsensical hypotheticals. I thought the lefties LOVED nonsensical hypotheticals that involve Trump.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
This isn't really relevant, because we don't know what would have happened if Trump won with regards to Afghanistan. We do know that he made the deal to withdraw, and that was going to happen. We have no idea if it would have been better than Biden's clusterfuck, although it is hard to imagine that going worse. Putin didn't attack Ukraine during the Clinton, Bush, or Obama presidencies either, although he did take aggressive actions previously. As I continue to say, it is time to move on from Trump, and nonsensical hypotheticals really don't accomplish anything.
Huh?? Anyone remember Crimea ?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:23 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Not to mention Georgia.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:09 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:54 pm
Matt wrote:
Trump, and nonsensical hypotheticals really don't accomplish anything.
Shit, the Democrats launched a three year investigation and special prosecutor because of nonsensical hypotheticals. I thought the lefties LOVED nonsensical hypotheticals that involve Trump.
More whataboutism...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:10 pm

km1125 wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
The words after the bolded section were literally: "although he did take aggressive actions previously."

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:10 pm
km1125 wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
The words after the bolded section were literally: "although he did take aggressive actions previously."
"Aggressive actions" might apply to all the help he was giving those guys in the Donbass regions, just as he was doing for those kind of Georgia folks, but an invasion (which is what he did in Crimea) would certainly be considered an "attack" on Ukraine.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:09 pm

bmw wrote:
There isn't a need to make excuses when you're explaining that what someone else is saying lacks logical foundation. I can accept a shitty end to a shitty occupation when the alternative would be to maintain status quo and continue to sit some place we had no business being to begin with.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:17 pm
I don't think it is difficult to support the argument that Putin's invasion of Ukraine and its timing is at least in-part a direct consequence of how Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal played out.
I have yet to see someone do this and I frankly, even if possible, it would be quite difficult in my estimation.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:40 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:11 pm
bmw wrote:
I don't think it is difficult to support the argument that Putin's invasion of Ukraine and its timing is at least in-part a direct consequence of how Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal played out.
I have yet to see someone do this and I frankly, even if possible, it would be quite difficult in my estimation.
Really? Wow...

That was a major contributor. Pukin is a bully. Bullies look for weakness.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:09 pm
More whataboutism...
That's the problem with you main stream swamp Republicans. You're afraid to hold THEM to the same standards THEY preach.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:59 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:40 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:11 pm
bmw wrote:
Really? Wow...

That was a major contributor. Pukin is a bully. Bullies look for weakness.
tbh I think that comment sorta serves the crowd who say he would have done it under trump quite well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic