Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:32 pm

This isn't an Onion headline. Riots that kill police officers are now legit to the GOP. I guess the BLM protests can resume.
WASHINGTON — The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it “legitimate political discourse,” and rebuked two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.

The Republican National Committee’s voice vote to censure Representatives Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois at its winter meeting in Salt Lake City culminated more than a year of vacillation, which started with party leaders condemning the Capitol attack and Mr. Trump’s conduct, then shifted to downplaying and denying it.

On Friday, the party went further in a resolution slamming Ms. Cheney and Mr. Kinzinger for taking part in the House investigation of the assault, saying they were participating in “persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse.”

After the vote, party leaders rushed to clarify that language, saying it was never meant to apply to rioters who violently stormed the Capitol in Mr. Trump’s name.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Re: G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:44 pm

This why I can't relate to either political party.
They both are complete hypocrites when it comes to misbehaving citizens. Quick to point fingers at the other side while ignoring or justifying the misbehavior of their side.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:46 pm

A, The only person actually killed by the event on January 6th was an unarmed, female Air Force Veteran who was shot and killed by a capitol police officer.

B. If BLM riots and ANTIFA taking over parts of a city and trying to burn down a federal building is considered such, to the point of our current Vice President helping to bail out rioters, I guess It's fair to call it that.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:10 pm

So, January 6 only would be an issue if casualties were to occur?

Those behind the BLM and ANTIFA riots should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Similarly, those behind the Capitol violence and vandalism should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:17 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:10 pm

Those behind the BLM and ANTIFA riots should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Similarly, those behind the Capitol violence and vandalism should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
One is happening. The other did not.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:43 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:46 pm
A, The only person actually killed by the event on January 6th was an unarmed, female Air Force Veteran who was shot and killed by a capitol police officer.

B. If BLM riots and ANTIFA taking over parts of a city and trying to burn down a federal building is considered such, to the point of our current Vice President helping to bail out rioters, I guess It's fair to call it that.
Wrong. Three Capitol police officers died.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:51 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:17 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Folks were arrested and charged in the riots in 2020. Get over it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:29 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:51 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:17 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

And convicted.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:53 am

So the GOP condones killing cops then?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:38 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:53 am
So the GOP condones killing cops then?
Keep in mind there are people who believe that January 6 occurred because of a leftist conspiracy.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... a-1278597/

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:58 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:46 pm

Wrong. Three Capitol police officers died.
Please list their names and manner in which they died.

I'll save you the time...

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died on January 7 after he engaged rioters who entered the building. The chief medical examiner of D.C. concluded that he suffered two strokes and died of natural causes.

Two Capitol Police officers, Jeffrey Smith and Howard Liebengood committed suicide several days after the riot. However, none of the officers died the day of the riot.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:03 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:51 pm

An analysis of NYPD data by NBC New York has showed that out of the 118 arrests that were made in Bronx in June 2020, most cases have been dismissed, a total of 73.

Another eighteen cases remain open and there are 19 convictions for lesser counts like trespassing, which carry no jail time, the report states.

The data shows that in Manhattan there were 485 arrests.

222 have now been dropped and 73 got lesser counts.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:00 am

I will never understand how any American can watch the happenings on January sixth and not be repulsed. On a strictly emotional level, to watch these vandals desecrating the American capitol, and not be sickened, amazes me.

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:59 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:00 am
I will never understand how any American can watch the happenings on January sixth and not be repulsed. On a strictly emotional level, to watch these vandals desecrating the American capitol, and not be sickened, amazes me.
Many of us were sickened when the "mostly peaceful" protests were burning down innocent folks' business, attacking and killing innocent folks, and generally making many urban areas even more unsafe for all. Yet, local and federal "leadership" defended those actions, including raising money to release and provide defense of any of the perps who were actually apprehended.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:15 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:59 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:00 am
Many of us were sickened when the "mostly peaceful" protests were burning down innocent folks' business, attacking and killing innocent folks, and generally making many urban areas even more unsafe for all. Yet, local and federal "leadership" defended those actions, including raising money to release and provide defense of any of the perps who were actually apprehended.
what·a·bout·ism
/ˌ(h)wədəˈboudizəm/

noun: whataboutism

the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic