Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mr.Transistor

Re: G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:40 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:44 pm
This why I can't relate to either political party.
They both are complete hypocrites when it comes to misbehaving citizens. Quick to point fingers at the other side while ignoring or justifying the misbehavior of their side.
Exactly! I'm without a party these days. Both sides are succumbing to the fringes of both parties.
Anyways, I am told these were "Patriots" on this day so move along :roll:

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:56 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:40 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:44 pm
This why I can't relate to either political party.
They both are complete hypocrites when it comes to misbehaving citizens. Quick to point fingers at the other side while ignoring or justifying the misbehavior of their side.
Exactly! I'm without a party these days. Both sides are succumbing to the fringes of both parties.
Anyways, I am told these were "Patriots" on this day so move along :roll:
I think it's dangerous to accept this tactic. You certainly are condoning all violence.

I believe the GOP took this position because there is no way out of the embarrassing situation they find themselves in.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:36 pm

I'm sure you would have called George Washington dangerous in his day.

I think Trump losing may be biggest boost the conservative movement ever imagined.

Is it 1978 or 2022?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:36 pm
I'm sure you would have called George Washington dangerous in his day.

I think Trump losing may be biggest boost the conservative movement ever imagined.

Is it 1978 or 2022?
George Washington and all of the other folks of his day helping the country form were wild eyed radicals. Get over it. Think about what they were doing…. My god… no other geopolitical entity at the time had ever attempted what they were trying to do. Think about that.

Dangerous? If you were the British these people sure as holy hell were dangerous. Do you fail at history on purpose?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:07 am

I don't understand the continuing adoration for 1-3 Trump. The right has a 3 election federal losing streak, and is in prime position to end that this November, yet some just can't quit one of the biggest losers in American history. Hell, one poster has even had the audacity to compare Trump to George Washington!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:43 am

You need to re-read that Matt; I made no such direct comparison.

Why would I suggest Trump losing may be a good thing?

And you know better, I was a never Trumper, as you were, in 2016.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:55 pm

The Weales and The Rats are diving... I'll give no neck credit, it's got more balls that patsies like Bryce.

WASHINGTON — Senator Mitch McConnell, the minority leader, pushed back hard on Tuesday against the Republican Party’s censure of Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger and its characterization of the Jan. 6 riot as “legitimate political discourse,” saying the riot was a “violent insurrection.”

The remarks from Mr. McConnell, the normally taciturn Kentucky Republican, added to a small but forceful chorus of G.O.P. lawmakers who have decried the action that the Republican National Committee took on Friday, when it officially rebuked Ms. Cheney and Mr. Kinzinger for participating in the House investigation of the Jan. 6 attack, accusing them of “persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse.”

Senator Mitch McConnell, the minority leader, said it was “not the job” of the Republican National Committee to censure Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, and called the attack on Jan. 6 a “violent insurrection.”
Reporter: “Is it appropriate for the Republican National Committee to censure two sitting members of Congress and also use the words ‘legitimate political discourse’ in talking about Jan. 6?” “Well, let me give me my view of what happened January the 6th, and we all were here. We saw what happened. It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next. That’s what it was. With regard to the suggestion that the R.N.C. should be in the business of picking and choosing Republicans who ought to be supported, traditionally, the view of the national party committees is that we support all members of our party, regardless of their positions on some issues.” Reporter: “Do you have confidence in her, Ronna McDaniel, as chairwoman of the committee?” “I do, but the issue is whether or not the R.N.C. should be sort of singling out members of our party who may have different views from the majority. That’s not the job of the R.N.C.”

Mr. McConnell repudiated that description, saying of the events of Jan. 6, 2021: “We saw it happen. It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election, from one administration to the next. That’s what it was.”

He made the remarks to reporters outside Senate Republicans’ closed-door weekly lunch, where his aides had signaled in advance that he was to make an important statement on the R.N.C.’s action.

Mr. McConnell’s comments were a rebuke of how far the party has gone to deny the reality of the violence that unfolded during the bloody assault on the Capitol, sending lawmakers from both parties running for safety. More than 150 people were injured in the attack, which led to several deaths, and nearly 750 individuals have been criminally charged in connection with it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:25 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:55 pm
The Weales and The Rats are diving... I'll give no neck credit, it's got more balls that patsies like Bryce.

WASHINGTON — Senator Mitch McConnell, the minority leader, pushed back hard on Tuesday against the Republican Party’s censure of Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger and its characterization of the Jan. 6 riot as “legitimate political discourse,” saying the riot was a “violent insurrection.”

The remarks from Mr. McConnell, the normally taciturn Kentucky Republican, added to a small but forceful chorus of G.O.P. lawmakers who have decried the action that the Republican National Committee took on Friday, when it officially rebuked Ms. Cheney and Mr. Kinzinger for participating in the House investigation of the Jan. 6 attack, accusing them of “persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse.”

Senator Mitch McConnell, the minority leader, said it was “not the job” of the Republican National Committee to censure Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, and called the attack on Jan. 6 a “violent insurrection.”
Reporter: “Is it appropriate for the Republican National Committee to censure two sitting members of Congress and also use the words ‘legitimate political discourse’ in talking about Jan. 6?” “Well, let me give me my view of what happened January the 6th, and we all were here. We saw what happened. It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next. That’s what it was. With regard to the suggestion that the R.N.C. should be in the business of picking and choosing Republicans who ought to be supported, traditionally, the view of the national party committees is that we support all members of our party, regardless of their positions on some issues.” Reporter: “Do you have confidence in her, Ronna McDaniel, as chairwoman of the committee?” “I do, but the issue is whether or not the R.N.C. should be sort of singling out members of our party who may have different views from the majority. That’s not the job of the R.N.C.”

Mr. McConnell repudiated that description, saying of the events of Jan. 6, 2021: “We saw it happen. It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election, from one administration to the next. That’s what it was.”

He made the remarks to reporters outside Senate Republicans’ closed-door weekly lunch, where his aides had signaled in advance that he was to make an important statement on the R.N.C.’s action.

Mr. McConnell’s comments were a rebuke of how far the party has gone to deny the reality of the violence that unfolded during the bloody assault on the Capitol, sending lawmakers from both parties running for safety. More than 150 people were injured in the attack, which led to several deaths, and nearly 750 individuals have been criminally charged in connection with it.
McConnell must have internal polling that says people are wising up to what happened on January 6th and know who is responsible. And/or he knows the Jan 6th committee has the goods on Trump and his lackeys and will expose it soon.

The censorship king from out of state.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:57 pm

If there's any ambiguity about how the RNC really views the events of 1/6, there are some draft emails uncovered that show they were originally going to use the phrase "nonviolent and legal" rather than “legitimate political discourse”.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:42 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:57 pm
If there's any ambiguity about how the RNC really views the events of 1/6, there are some draft emails uncovered that show they were originally going to use the phrase "nonviolent and legal" rather than “legitimate political discourse”.
So presumably if they were black or some other minority there would be harsher language used including “dangerous, violent and enabled by the liberal mob”. I hope these folks realize that Ronald Regan, whom many conservatives idolize, would have renounced his party membership a long time ago.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:41 am

I see all that is happening as the last ditch efforts of entitled white men fearing the loss of control of their place in society.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:18 pm

So much winning....
Four members of the far-right Oath Keepers group were convicted of seditious conspiracy Monday, joining founder Stewart Rhodes in being found guilty by a jury of plotting to keep President Donald Trump in power by force.

Seditious conspiracy charges are rarely used and even more rarely successful, making the verdict a significant victory for the Justice Department. Of the nearly 1,000 people charged with committing crimes at the Capitol on Jan. 6, only 14 were charged with seditious conspiracy, identified by the Justice Department as not just participants in a violent mob but leaders using brutality to further a political plot. In November, the same prosecution team failed to convict three associates of the Oath Keepers of the crime.

― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:31 pm

Could there be a Presidential pardon in their future?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:15 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:31 pm
I don't see Biden pardon them in his second term...

― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:46 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:15 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:31 pm
I don't see Biden pardon them in his second term...
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic