Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whoopi Goldberg suspended by ABC for 2 weeks

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Whoopi Goldberg suspended by ABC for 2 weeks

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:40 am

...for claiming on Monday's episode of The View that the Holocaust was not about race. She apologized on Tuesday, but Tuesday night ABC decided to suspend her for 2 weeks.

What I find interesting about this is how long ABC took to act. As opposed to the Rosanne situation where they acted literally immediately. I'm sure they did it only because of the mounting backlash.

As an aside, I don't think she should have been suspended. When people say such uneducated things as what she said, those comments deserve heavy ridicule as opposed to suspension.

zzand

Re: Whoopi Goldberg suspended by ABC for 2 weeks

Post by zzand » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:07 am

Her problem is she went after the wrong ethnic group. The Jewish community has money, power and lots of influence, a lot of that influence inside Hollywood and the entertainment industry. She is going to be on the hot seat for a wee bit of time. I think the network had no choice and it took longer than the Roseanne situation because they waited to see how bad the backlash would be.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:18 am

I can't stand Whoopi. She is annoying as hell, looks like a troglidyte, and her defense of Bill Cosby was sickening. That said, I don't think she should have gotten suspended for this. I honestly think she made a mistake and said something stupid on live TV. I hardly believe she is anti-semetic. Just an annoying loudmouth.
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:54 pm

Frankly, she wasn't technically wrong. Judaism isn't a race, it's a religion.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:06 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:54 pm
But the the Nazi's we're acting under the guise of creating a "master race" so in a way it was about race in the minds of the perpetrators.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:54 pm
That’s what I was going to say. Those Jews had a lot of German blood in them… the whole thing is pretty murky regardless of Hitlers delusions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic