Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Unvaxed 44 times more likely to be hospitalized

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Unvaxed 44 times more likely to be hospitalized

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:52 am

Here's more real "science" based evidence that boosters are extremely effective. You still may contract covid but you're not going to die as the unvaxed have been. When are the unvaxed finally going to pay for all of this free medical care?

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... accination
Unvaccinated Americans ages 50 and older are significantly more likely to be hospitalized with Covid-19 than those who are fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot, according to data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday.

That booster shots keep people from becoming infected, at least for a while, has not been in dispute. But the new finding largely supports conclusions from Israel and other countries showing that boosters also are effective at preventing severe illness and hospitalization, especially in older adults.

And the C.D.C.’s figures represent the first real-world data showing the effects of extra shots of a Covid vaccine in the United States.

The numbers published on the agency’s website on Thursday night suggest that in December, unvaccinated people ages 50 and older were 17 times more likely to be hospitalized than those who had completed the initial immunization series — without boosters.

But unvaccinated Americans between 50 and 64 were 44 times more likely to end up in the hospital with Covid than those in the age group who were vaccinated and received a booster shot.

The difference was even more stark for those older than 65: Unvaccinated people were at 49 times greater risk of hospitalization, compared with those who received a booster.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Re: Unvaxed 44 times more likely to be hospitalized

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:06 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:52 am
Here's more real "science" based evidence that boosters are extremely effective. You still may contract covid but you're not going to die as the unvaxed have been. When are the unvaxed finally going to pay for all of this free medical care?

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... accination
Unvaccinated Americans ages 50 and older are significantly more likely to be hospitalized with Covid-19 than those who are fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot, according to data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday.

That booster shots keep people from becoming infected, at least for a while, has not been in dispute. But the new finding largely supports conclusions from Israel and other countries showing that boosters also are effective at preventing severe illness and hospitalization, especially in older adults.

And the C.D.C.’s figures represent the first real-world data showing the effects of extra shots of a Covid vaccine in the United States.

The numbers published on the agency’s website on Thursday night suggest that in December, unvaccinated people ages 50 and older were 17 times more likely to be hospitalized than those who had completed the initial immunization series — without boosters.

But unvaccinated Americans between 50 and 64 were 44 times more likely to end up in the hospital with Covid than those in the age group who were vaccinated and received a booster shot.

The difference was even more stark for those older than 65: Unvaccinated people were at 49 times greater risk of hospitalization, compared with those who received a booster.
Graph it or it's not true!

/S

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 am

Last edited by Honeyman on Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:05 am

Here we go again with the lies. Your own data says 17x more likely, not 44x. That 44x number is for people with booster shots. So once again - TC Talks uses a clickbait thread title with outright false information in it.

And I don't doubt that older Americans are benefiting from being vaccinated and boosted. I've long said that probably 20% of the population should be vaccinated.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:05 am
Here we go again with the lies. Your own data says 17x more likely, not 44x. That 44x number is for people with booster shots. So once again - TC Talks uses a clickbait thread title with outright false information in it.

And I don't doubt that older Americans are benefiting from being vaccinated and boosted. I've long said that probably 20% of the population should be vaccinated.
Booster shots = vaccinated. There was nothing misleading for those who aren't on an I AM ALWAYS RIGHT jihad.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:38 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 am
bmw wrote:

Booster shots = vaccinated. There was nothing misleading for those who aren't on an I AM ALWAYS RIGHT jihad.
I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, but I'll try...

See that word "and"? That is a connector word that connects 2 different groups of people - those who are vaccinated AND those who received a booster shot. This is especially true considering that a separate number (that being 17x) was provided for the fully vaccinated who hadn't received a booster.

Fully vaccinated is fully vaccinated. The booster is a separate post-full-vaccination shot.

So yes, it is misleading to say that those who are not vaccinated are 44x more likely to be hospitalized than those who are, as the 44x number ONLY applies to the fully vaccinated who received the additional booster shot.

AGAIN - why do people keep defending TCT's constant use of outright false statements and exaggerated numbers? If he had a strong argument, there would be no need to exaggerate. I could probably come up with at least 20 times in the last year alone he has either severely exaggerated our outright fabricated numbers/facts to try to prove his points.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:24 am

Reagan4prez wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:52 am
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... eport/amp/

Meat Loaf dies from Covid.
Was he cremated? Nobody like burnt meatloaf. Too soon?

'If I die, I die, but I'm not going to be controlled': Meat Loaf, 74, said he was 'scared to death' of COVID but railed against masks and vaccine mandates in haunting interview five months before dying 'from the virus'

Sound like anyone familiar, troll?

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:45 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:38 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 am
bmw wrote:

I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, but I'll try...

See that word "and"? That is a connector word that connects 2 different groups of people - those who are vaccinated AND those who received a booster shot. This is especially true considering that a separate number (that being 17x) was provided for the fully vaccinated who hadn't received a booster.

Fully vaccinated is fully vaccinated. The booster is a separate post-full-vaccination shot.

So yes, it is misleading to say that those who are not vaccinated are 44x more likely to be hospitalized than those who are, as the 44x number ONLY applies to the fully vaccinated who received the additional booster shot.

AGAIN - why do people keep defending TCT's constant use of outright false statements and exaggerated numbers? If he had a strong argument, there would be no need to exaggerate. I could probably come up with at least 20 times in the last year alone he has either severely exaggerated our outright fabricated numbers/facts to try to prove his points.
Nice passive aggressive comment!

This from the WSJ today:
In one of the studies a CDC analysis found that a third dose of either the vaccine from Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE or Moderna Inc. was at least 90% effective against preventing hospitalization from Covid-19 during both the Delta and Omicron periods.
It continues to be abundantly clear that getting vaccinated is the best option rather than the pull and pray approach that bmw stans.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:07 pm

So you're perfectly ok with arbitrarily changing the definition of "fully vaccinated" to require a booster shot be included. Got it.

That aside - you and I do nothing but argue in circles. First I would like to point out that you continually misrepresent my position on the vaccine. It is not one of opposition to vaccination. It is one of concern of OVER-vaccination. Let's just make that clear right now if it hasn't been clear from my prior posts.

Second - I will ask you a hypothetical question. Our current vaccination numbers in the US stand at 76% at least partially, 64% fully, and 25% boosted. Let's say that it were somehow possible in the next 6 months to get all 3 numbers up to 100%. Literally every single person who lives in this country fully vaccinated and boosted. How do you believe the pandemic would proceed after that point?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:07 pm
So you're perfectly ok with arbitrarily changing the definition of "fully vaccinated" to require a booster shot be included. Got it.

That aside - you and I do nothing but argue in circles. First I would like to point out that you continually misrepresent my position on the vaccine. It is not one of opposition to vaccination. It is one of concern of OVER-vaccination. Let's just make that clear right now if it hasn't been clear from my prior posts.

Second - I will ask you a hypothetical question. Our current vaccination numbers in the US stand at 76% at least partially, 64% fully, and 25% boosted. Let's say that it were somehow possible in the next 6 months to get all 3 numbers up to 100%. Literally every single person who lives in this country fully vaccinated and boosted. How do you believe the pandemic would proceed after that point?
I think the pandemic is in its final throes currently, but at 100% vaccination it would certainly be over. Thanks for the softball.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:25 pm

And do you believe that the reason the pandemic is in its final throes is because of our nation's relatively high vaccination rate? Alternatively stated - do you think the pandemic would be lasting even longer if say, nobody had ever gotten vaccinated?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:25 pm
And do you believe that the reason the pandemic is in its final throes is because of our nation's relatively high vaccination rate? Alternatively stated - do you think the pandemic would be lasting even longer if say, nobody had ever gotten vaccinated?
It's impossible to say - we never got near universal vaccination, thanks to the failed policies of the administration in power. I think we could have been on a similar trajectory with a lot more severe illnesses and deaths. By and large, the availability of the vaccine lessened restrictions placed by leftist politicians arrogant enough to think they could control a virus.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:02 pm

bmw wrote:

Head back to your fantasy death world and leave reality to those of us who believe in science.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:02 pm

Head back to your fantasy death world and leave reality to those of us who believe in science.
Well except the part about when life begins.
Fixed that for you.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:02 pm
bmw wrote:

Give me a break. You're the one living in a dystopia - always exaggerating and making up lies to support your positions.

Just admit it. Your 44x number as it pertains to vaccinated people is an outright lie. The real number is 17x.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic