Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I’m Done

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

I’m Done

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:44 pm

I’m done with this board as of December 31st. If the handful of you with whom I respect would like to keep in contact with me, feel free to PM. I probably won’t deactivate the account but won’t be logging in again. Thanks.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Re: I’m Done

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Why do you feel the need to tell everybody?

The censorship king from out of state.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:55 pm

This should be moved to Chatterbox, but happy trails! While we don’t agree on too much politically, it was good seeing others who used this board to reminisce on the better days of Modern Rock in Detroit.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:23 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:44 pm
I’m done with this board as of December 31st. If the handful of you with whom I respect would like to keep in contact with me, feel free to PM. I probably won’t deactivate the account but won’t be logging in again. Thanks.
This board is not an airport, there is no need to announce your departure....

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:50 am

You should stay, but it's up to you.

Do you really want Audiophile and his alleged alt account to chase you off?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:19 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:50 am
You should stay, but it's up to you.

Do you really want Audiophile and his alleged alt accounts to chase you off?
I would agree. The homophobic "man of God" is already gloating. Just pace yourself.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:08 am

If the handful of you with whom I respect would like to keep in contact with me, feel free to PM.
Who exactly is on your short list? :?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:43 am

I bet G G is an audiophile alt.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:45 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:43 am
Haven't heard from GG much lately. Maybe he's in prison.

And what about TCSU?!? Almost a month since his last post. That nutball anti-vaxxer must have the vid.
Last edited by Honeyman on Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:52 am

I've only been here a couple of weeks. But someone announcing their departure from social media, with a 2 week lead time? There's something a little "special" about someone that does that. It's not quite healthy to crave that much attention on social media. Be honest.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:13 am

Joie Vivre wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:52 am
I've only been here a couple of weeks. But someone announcing their departure from social media, with a 2 week lead time? There's something a little "special" about someone that does that. It's not quite healthy to crave that much attention on social media. Be honest.
This is not exactly social media. Let’s get that out of the way. Secondly the folks on this board (the regulars that inhabit the bottom part of the board here) are a quasi-group. As such it’s at least plausible to say something.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:25 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:13 am
This is not exactly social media. Let’s get that out of the way.
Internet forums such as these actually are "social media." Perhaps a primitive version of it, but social media none-the-less.

From Oxford:

Social media - websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

Social networking - the use of dedicated websites and applications to interact with other users, or to find people with similar interests to oneself.

So in its most broad context, any website that allows users to interact with each other falls within the definition of social media. That certainly includes forums - especially content-specific forums.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:28 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:25 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:13 am
This is not exactly social media. Let’s get that out of the way.
Internet forums such as these actually are "social media." Perhaps a primitive version of it, but social media none-the-less.

From Oxford:

Social media - websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

Social networking - the use of dedicated websites and applications to interact with other users, or to find people with similar interests to oneself.

So in its most broad context, any website that allows users to interact with each other falls within the definition of social media. That certainly includes forums - especially content-specific forums.
It’s just not what one thinks of when the phrase is used Oxford or not. Forum is the term that jumps to mind. I wouldn’t think to go to a social media label. I’m reserving that for the facebooks of the world.

G G

Post by G G » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:10 pm

sounds like you'll have more time on your hands. Notify the local schools.
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:45 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:43 am
Haven't heard from GG much lately. Maybe he's in prison.

And what about TCSU?!? Almost a month since his last post. That nutball anti-vaxxer must have the vid.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:00 pm

This place epitomizes anti-social media.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic