Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gov. Jared Polis (D - CO), the hero America doesn't deserve

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Gov. Jared Polis (D - CO), the hero America doesn't deserve

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:37 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colora ... nated-sick

I don't know what 2024 is going to look like, but this is the kind of courage this country needs in Washington!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Re: Gov. Jared Polis (D - CO), the hero America doesn't deserve

Post by km1125 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:07 pm

What a moron. The 200 folks that are now hospitalized but had been vaccinated... Is that their fault too??

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:35 pm

I agree with Matt.

The point km1125 is missing is that the unvaxxed who also have preexisting conditions or are elderly are much, much more likely to be hospitalized and are placing a severe burden on our hospitals.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:15 am

Hospitals in the northern part of my state are having to send patients as far away as 200 miles because there are no beds. In my area the major hospital is using the ER as regular beds now. No data yet on how many of those beds are filled with those who haven't gotten the jabs as compared to those who have.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:20 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:37 pm
I don't know what 2024 is going to look like, but this is the kind of courage this country needs in Washington!
I seen a comment on Facebook I liked. What it said was something like:

Vote EVERYONE out in 2022. If you're a lifelong Democrat or Republican, fine. Vote for the other person in the primary. Nothing is going to change until we throw 'em ALL out.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:05 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:15 am
Hospitals in the northern part of my state are having to send patients as far away as 200 miles because there are no beds. In my area the major hospital is using the ER as regular beds now. No data yet on how many of those beds are filled with those who haven't gotten the jabs as compared to those who have.
My mom is on her 5th day of being hospitalized. Their Covid ward is full. She had to wait in an ER room for a day before a Covid room opened up.

But they're not "out" of rooms. There are rooms sitting empty. Why? Because of the hospital's vaccine mandate for workers. They're short-staffed because a number of people left once the mandate went into effect. So there are rooms, sitting empty, that COULD be used to hold Covid patients. And this info is straight from one of the staffers working there. I do not know how many rooms we're talking.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:18 am

Different state BMW. No mandate here, it is simply out of room here.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:25 am

Even here I don't believe there's an actual government mandate. I believe the hospital implemented it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:24 am

Sorry should have been clearer, my bad, , the hospitals in the article don't have mandates. The one in the major cities do and are having the issues you mentioned

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:40 am

The hospital I work at backed off the vaccine mandate once Brandon postponed the national requirement. We still have no room for patients and are miserably short-staffed.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:40 pm

I wonder if there's any data out there that compares the number of available beds/rooms compared to this time last year. I know (at least in MI) that the state was tracking this, with detail on how many were allocated to COVID patients (suspected or confirmed) and how many were in ICU.

I would also wonder if ANY state tracks how long patients are in ICU, relative to which hospital system they are in, and how many of those cases recover.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:11 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:40 pm
I wonder if there's any data out there that compares the number of available beds/rooms compared to this time last year.
You can use the web archives to track this.

1 year ago today. 23,343 total inpatient beds
Today. 22,592.

Loss of 751 beds.

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0, ... --,00.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20201214060 ... --,00.html

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Seems to me that the focus should be on the individuals disproportionately filling up the available beds. People lost their jobs for being unvaccinated and the beds are being filled by the unvaccinated. At least they "owned the libs"...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:38 pm

Make a better vaccine and maybe more people will take it.

This will all be moot once Pfizer's Paxlovid pill takes off. Clinically proven to cut hospitalizations by 89%. I believed a few months ago and continue to believe that this specific pill will be the game-changer. I only wish it were available while my family was fighting this.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:40 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:38 pm
Make a better vaccine and maybe more people will take it.

This will all be moot once Pfizer's Paxlovid pill takes off. Clinically proven to cut hospitalizations by 89%. I believed a few months ago and continue to believe that this specific pill will be the game-changer. I only wish it were available while my family was fighting this.
Maybe if your family had been vaccinated, they wouldn't be fighting this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic