Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Any chance the Crumbleys are vaccinated?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Re: Any chance the Crumbleys are vaccinated?

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:36 am

Not sure where all the reporters get their info, but some might have picked this up from the Police Chief:
Detroit Police Chief James White said the pair appeared to look distressed as they were arrested - but were not armed, and did not resist. White said the building was an art studio and that the two were allowed inside by someone.

"They didn't break in. somebody let them in," White said. "We don't know the relationship yet. That's active. That person could face charges."
Police chiefs make errors too. I don't see any ART STUDIO at this address. Could it just be an ARTIST who had a LOFT there?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:27 am
The fact that they, if true, purchased a firearm and allowed access to a 15-year-old with "issues," ....
I still have not seen anything yet reported that said this kid had "issues" prior to the day of the shooting. None of the folks they interviewed, and his half-brother, indicated there were any "issues" with this kid. I could have missed something though, but I'd be interested if anyone so far has seen anything. The only thing I've seen so far is the text in his 'mom's "open letter" that he was having learning problems in school back in ~2016, but his half-brother didn't seem to be aware of that.

I think mom and dad's biggest liability is that they did buy him a gun and, when informed of the picture that morning, they did not seem interested in finding out where that gun was until AFTER the shooting was reported. After their meeting with the school in the morning, I would have though they'd at least check to see if the gun was still at home, and perhaps secure it, until they themselves could resolve concerns about the boy's drawn picture before letting him have access to it again.

Had they checked when they got home and found it missing, they might have been able to alert LE a bit sooner and may have prevented some or all of the tragic deaths.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:36 am
Not sure where all the reporters get their info, but some might have picked this up from the Police Chief:
Detroit Police Chief James White said the pair appeared to look distressed as they were arrested - but were not armed, and did not resist. White said the building was an art studio and that the two were allowed inside by someone.

"They didn't break in. somebody let them in," White said. "We don't know the relationship yet. That's active. That person could face charges."
Police chiefs make errors too. I don't see any ART STUDIO at this address. Could it just be an ARTIST who had a LOFT there?
Definitely possible too. It may just be "not pertinent" to many so that the actual accurate description of the building's purpose wasn't investigated. As I indicated in another thread, I'll bet dollars to donuts that the "tip" they received on the car was from an automated license plate reader, but they make folks believe that it was just some citizen reporting it so (I believe) they don't have to answer any digging questions on the plate reader usage throughout the city.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:55 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:30 pm

I think mom and dad's biggest liability is that they did buy him a gun

If it can be proven that they purchased the gun for him, a 15-year-old, then they should be charged under federal law:
VII. SELL, DELIVER OR TRANSFER FIREARM OR AMMUNITION TO A JUVENILE:
A. 18 USC § 922(x)(1). Punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment unless transferor had reason to believe juvenile would commit crime of violence with gun or ammunition, then up to 10 years imprisonment. May not sell, deliver or transfer a handgun or handgun-only ammunition to a person who is under age 18

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:18 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:55 pm
km1125 wrote:
If it can be proven that they purchased the gun for him, a 15-year-old, then they should be charged under federal law:
A. 18 USC § 922(x)(1). Punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment unless transferor had reason to believe juvenile would commit crime of violence with gun or ammunition, then up to 10 years imprisonment. May not sell, deliver or transfer a handgun or handgun-only ammunition to a person who is under age 18
Well, I think mom is on video saying they bought the gun as a Christmas present for the son.

I don't know the laws 100%, but I think it is legal for you to get your child a gun in Michigan, and for them to use it under your supervision. You can't sell or transfer it to another person (not your child) who is under 18 though.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:37 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:18 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:55 pm
km1125 wrote:
Well, I think mom is on video saying they bought the gun as a Christmas present for the son.

I don't know the laws 100%, but I think it is legal for you to get your child a gun in Michigan, and for them to use it under your supervision. You can't sell or transfer it to another person (not your child) who is under 18 though.
Federal firearm laws trump state law. For example, although marijuana use is legal in the state of Michigan, federal law prohibits a marijuana user from even possessing a handgun. As written, the word "deliver" is included in the Federal statute. So I would think the parents would be in violation.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:31 pm

Gifting a gun to your child is perfectly legal under federal law as there is no transfer of ownership (ie, the parent still technically owns the gun). The word "deliver" in this statute is used in the context of like when you get your mail delivered to you or when groceries are delivered to a store. Delivery in this context requires that when the gun leaves your possession, it ends up in the possession of somebody else somewhere else. So assuming the kid still lives at home, this would not constitute delivery.

Now that said, because the gun is still technically owned by the parents, they may well be responsible for any harm their child causes with it.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:49 pm

Some people have suggested that Schizophrenia often manifests itself around age 15 or 16, which might explain the personality changes people who know him have reported.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:25 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:49 pm
Some people have suggested that Schizophrenia often manifests itself around age 15 or 16, which might explain the personality changes people who know him have reported.
Often when they experiment with pot.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:19 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:25 am
Ben Zonia wrote:
Got any data on that chief? I don't read it in the Bible

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:58 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:19 am
audiophile wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:
HARVARD Medical School. SCIENCE! (((Thomas Dolby Reverb Added))).

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/tee ... 1103071676

There's a good reason Marijuana is still illegal in China, with severe penalties. Gotta agree with them there. They don't want to come down to the US level. They see what has happened here.

-Author Unknown

kager

Post by kager » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:32 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:58 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:19 am
audiophile wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:
HARVARD Medical School. SCIENCE! (((Thomas Dolby Reverb Added))).

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/tee ... 1103071676

There's a good reason Marijuana is still illegal in China, with severe penalties. Gotta agree with them there. They don't want to come down to the US level. They see what has happened here.
You'll get an argument on that from someone bent on promoting and making money on pot's availability (some - or at least one - are assholyan enough to suggest that those of a faith other than their own are criminals). Often that hand-over-fist pot $$$ is made on sales to those they eschew.

Now that the fruits of their push may be starting to come to light, it will be interesting to see how far up the tree that "personal responsibility" mantra they so adore to liberally apply to everyone else now applies to them.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:40 pm

I would contend more people have committed suicide after being manipulate with scripture than those who have smoked too much pot.

Krager: anything that is abused is going to have some kind of consequence. Harvard is not talking about recreational quantities.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:19 pm

Where is the DATA on that?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:21 pm

Fuck the cowardly Crumbleys. I feel bad for my friend who bears the same name with a different spelling. Thankfully, he lives in Missouri. Still....

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic