Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden voters owe the country an apology?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Biden voters owe the country an apology?

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:08 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

"President Biden’s African travel ban went into effect Monday. Biden's actions here directly contradict what he said when former President Donald Trump instituted similar travel bans to stop the spread of the coronavirus. In fact, they lay bare an underlying insincerity about Biden's entire handling of the pandemic. When Trump did this exact same thing, Biden stoked the flames of racial hatred to get elected. Now, nearly a full year into his first term, Biden is the dog that caught the car. "

I guess he did catch it :lol

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Re: Biden voters owe the country an apology?

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:43 am

I have no problem with a temporary travel ban, though I do think it is likely pointless (I just read an AP story today suggesting that the new variant may have been found in Nigeria in a sample from OCTOBER). The cat is already out of the bag on this one. Though I do stress temporary. Psaki was asked yesterday how long the ban would last and he basically gave a non-answer saying "we'll monitor the situation."

In all fairness, At the time Trump instituted the first travel ban (and I remember watching him live make that announcement), that was the very first time a lot of people began to realize, oh, this Coivd thing may be serious. The criticisms directed towards him were politically motivated no doubt, but also based on lack of information. Had Trump been President today and instituted the same ban Biden did, I don't think he'd be taking heat from the Dems this time around for that particular move.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic