Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

President Pete?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: President Pete?

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 pm
Keep in mind that the country will be burned to the ground if we have the third popular-vote loser in the last 20 years win anyways in 2024.
A certain segment of the population is going to burn things to the ground if a Republican wins no matter what the margin.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 pm
Keep in mind that the country will be burned to the ground if we have the third popular-vote loser in the last 20 years win anyways in 2024.
A certain segment of the population is going to burn things to the ground if a Republican wins no matter what the margin.
The same clearly goes the other way… see riot; capitol.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:29 pm

It's amazing to me how any time a gay man rises to prominence, the sexual innuendos start. People have gutter minds.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:16 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:37 am
Oh come on - ANYBODY who know Pete's orientation, regardless of how they feel about it, could have gotten a quick chuckle out of how that headline was worded. You have to admit that was an interesting choice of words - all things considered - perhaps even intentional.
The folks at Politico must have triggered someone with that headline, as it has changed ..

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/2 ... use-523281

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:55 am

Pete is a nice man, and he was mayor of a decent size midwest city and was not very good at the job as members of his own administration came out against him in his last run and would most likely come out against him again. His sexual orientation should have nothing to do with his ability to do the job but such is the nature of things that it will. Also the two top picks are Harris and Michelle Obama.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:08 am

Democrats have the weakest bench of potential candidates that they've had in modern times. PredictIt has 7 candidates:
-Biden
-Kamala
-Buttigieg
-AOC
-Warren
-Bernie
-Hillary
It would not surprise me if someone from the business or entertainment universe runs for the Dem nomination in 2024.

How about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:33 am

Now that's just weak. "Hit"? Penetrating something is much stronger than just plain hitting it. Usually things like this end up on reddit or twitter but a quick google search reveals nobody else catching this wording change. Perhaps not many people read Politico?
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:08 am
It would not surprise me if someone from the business or entertainment universe runs for the Dem nomination in 2024.

How about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson?
So much depends on what Biden decides to do. If he doesn't run, it wouldn't shock me if Kalama doesn't run either (I'm not convinced she wants to be President any more). I think AOC absolutely has Presidential ambitions, and given her high popularity on the far left, I think it is higher than 50/50 that she throws her hat into the ring (which would seal the victory for whoever wins the Republican nomination if she were to somehow get the nomination - though given how Warren and Bernie got rejected at the end, that may be her fate too given just how far left she is).

The Rock has given mixed signals as of late. He has in the past indicated an interest in running, but based on recent statements, I'm not sure he wants to now. https://www.newsweek.com/dwayne-johnson ... ll-1642097

I do think SOMEONE nobody is talking about now could emerge. I have no idea who that someone may be.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:40 am

I don't think AOC is old enough is she?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:40 am
I don't think AOC is old enough is she?
She was born in October of 1989. She would be old enough by about 3 weeks when election day rolls around.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:17 pm

So just checking, anyone here actually a registered democrat?

Cuz what I'm reading is some good comedy.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:17 pm

Michigan doesn't have party registration.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:17 pm

Michigan doesn't have party registration.
True, but none of you except MCRF is remotely democrat.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:22 am

Biden has apparently already told his inner circle he’s running again. So this is only a conversation in the event something happens to him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic