Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rittenhouse NOT GUILTY on all counts

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Rittenhouse NOT GUILTY on all counts

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:58 pm

Biden flip-flops means he is not in control of his White House staff:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:09 pm

This isn't about Kamala Harris, or anyone in the media. This is about you..

Do you think it's okay to walk into a volatile situation with a loaded AR-15?

Do you think it's okay to shoot an unarmed person in the back 7 times?

Do you think it's okay to slander someone based on what you read in the news?

Do you believe the "media" has an agenda?

Do you believe that Americans are so divided that our country is headed toward ... something bad?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:41 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:09 pm
This isn't about Kamala Harris, or anyone in the media. This is about you..

Do you think it's okay to walk into a volatile situation with a loaded AR-15?
I answered your question above. I don't know why you instead latched onto my additional posting of our VP's statement. And I do believe it is important what the President and VP have to say.

ANYWAYS...as I said above, I don't believe your rights change based on geography relative to your house or based on conditions on the ground. Whether it is WISE to do what you describe is up for debate, but the legality is not. And I think it would be a dangerous road to go down to start making 2nd Amendment restrictions based on the criteria which you have described.
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Do you think it's okay to shoot an unarmed person in the back 7 times?
Depends on the exact circumstances.
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Do you think it's okay to slander someone based on what you read in the news?
"Slander" requires that you KNOWINGLY make a false defamatory statement about someone. If you read something in the news, reported as fact, then repeat it, I don't see how that can qualify as slander, unless you know the news got it wrong.
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Do you believe the "media" has an agenda?
Depends. I believe it is either "bias" or an "agenda." As I said in another post, I think we have one of two things going on - either a complete lack of intellectual curiosity on the part of those who decide how to report the news (bias), or a coordinated and intentional distortion of the news so as to align with the views of those who make these decisions (agenda).
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Do you believe that Americans are so divided that our country is headed toward ... something bad?
I was of this belief right after the election. My mind has changed insofar as I'm not sure enough Americans care or recognize that we're moving towards collapse. The gradual "frog in the frying pan" way of instituting totalitarianism is designed to avoid that "something bad" from ever materializing.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:03 pm

I don't know if the media has an agenda, that is a little too broad. I think parts of the media certainly do and not just fringe news sources.
I find the following sequence a bit of a head scratcher.

On Nov 2 when the original jurors were selected NBCnews.com described it as....
The day started with 150 potential jurors and ended with 11 women and nine men who will serve.
One person of color was selected, a man in his late 20s .....
On Nov 16 after the random drawing picked the 12 NBCnews.com said...
Kyle Rittenhouse on Tuesday randomly selected the seven women and five men......All but one juror appeared to be white, with one man apparently a person of color.
Then after the decision...
The jury of seven women and five men deliberated for about 25 hours since Tuesday morning,
At first there was one lonely person of color.
Then they weren't exactly sure there was a person of color.
Then when the jury voted 12-0 to acquit it seemed inconvenient to mention the person of color at all.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:23 pm

Demonstrators continue to honor the "victims" of Kyle Rittenhouse. One was a particular reprobate, obviously beyond rehabilitation. Following is a link to one "victim's" criminal history. Warning. Graphic language. You really have to wonder why this person was "demonstrating" in the first place.

https://milnenews.com/2021/11/20/that-g ... -children/

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:24 am

Here’s the BIG problematic take away from the verdict. Most people won’t care or understand the details, nitty gritty, fine points of the law associated with the case.

What they WILL remember is a punk with a weapon of war showed up in a US city during a street protest, demonstration. He ended up killing two strangers and blowing off a third stranger’s arm. And then he ended up walking at the end of his jury trial.

Bottom line for most people aware that he walked? You and I can take a weapon of war out in public and kill/injure people - then ultimately walk away FREE.

In my opinion that’s a giant opening of flood gates for every American to do the same - and now feel assured to expect zero consequences.
Last edited by screen glare on Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:26 am

Trump response is cogent the whole time unlike like brainless Joe:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... gntp&pfr=1

Yes from more then a year ago. Spot on.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:08 am

The loose end Kyle did not tie up may come back to bite him.

He’s allowed an angry wounded man to live.

The guy who has a stump where his right arm was will only become angrier and angrier as he faces his considerable loss. And he will likely go after the punk who has destroyed so many things in his life.

Look out Kyle punk. There’s a wounded animal forever stocking you. Keep one eye open while you sleep - as long as you breathe, little man. Because the wounded animal’s resolve to avenge his missing appendage is stronger than your resolve to avoid him.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:57 am

screen glare wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:08 am

The guy who has a stump where his right arm was......his missing appendage is stronger than your resolve to avoid him.
when did he loose his right arm? He had it when he was on the witness stand testifying.
Do you just make this shit up? Or do you just parrot what you read that fits your agenda? No offense to parrots.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:01 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:57 am
screen glare wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:08 am

The guy who has a stump where his right arm was......his missing appendage is stronger than your resolve to avoid him.
when did he loose his right arm? He had it when he was on the witness stand testifying.
Do you just make this shit up? Or do you just parrot what you read that fits your agenda? No offense to parrots.
He did not lose his arm, that's just misinformation from someone that doesn't know, or doesn't care, about the facts.

Gauge just had his bicep changed to a unicept.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:04 am

screen glare wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:24 am
Here’s the BIG problematic take away from the verdict. Most people won’t care or understand the details, nitty gritty, fine points of the law associated with the case.

What they WILL remember is a punk with a weapon of war showed up in a US city during a street protest, demonstration. He ended up killing two strangers and blowing off a third stranger’s arm. And then he ended up walking at the end of his jury trial.

Bottom line for most people aware that he walked? You and I can take a weapon of war out in public and kill/injure people - then ultimately walk away FREE.

In my opinion that’s a giant opening of flood gates for every American to do the same - and now feel assured to expect zero consequences.
Not sure why you keep calling him a"punk". Of the five people primarily involved in this incident, he was the ONLY one without a massive criminal history. Every other one (including "jump-kick guy") has a rap sheet longer than a CVS receipt.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:07 am

km1125 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:04 am
Every other one (including "jump-kick guy") has a rap sheet longer than a CVS receipt.
:rollin :rollin

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:32 am

Whether it is WISE to do what you describe is up for debate, but the legality is not.
So let's debate.. Is it wise to walk into a volatile situation carrying an automatic rifle.. a situation in which you, the gun toter, really don't have a stake in? I'm concerned that the over the top coverage of this will encourage more people to become vigilantes... and let's not argue, that is exactly what Mr Rittenhouse was in this scenario.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:59 am

screen glare wrote:
You're dead wrong about this. Most people DO understand the details and the law, and that's why the vast majority of people, in spite of a media narrative otherwise, believe he's not guilty. Go read the comments section of just about any article or youtube video on the subject. Most people think he's not guilty. Same goes for the 12 jurors who looked at the "nitty gritty, fine points of the law." 12-0 Not Guilty.
screen glare wrote:
What they WILL remember is a punk with a weapon of war showed up in a US city during a street protest, demonstration.
"Street protest"? :lol There was $50 million in private property damage and $2 million in public property damage. That's not a street protest. That's a riot. Let's at least use accurate terminology to describe what happened.

And the guy who survived. You conveniently ignore not only the fact that he ALSO had a gun, but that he admitted under oath that he pointed it at Rittenhouse (who was on the ground at the time).
screen glare wrote:
Bottom line for most people aware that he walked? You and I can take a weapon of war out in public and kill/injure people - then ultimately walk away FREE. In my opinion that’s a giant opening of flood gates for every American to do the same - and now feel assured to expect zero consequences.
Joe Rogan is right. You leftists who think this way about this case are a cult. You all regurgitate the same talking points while ignoring key facts.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:07 am

Sort of like the over the top coverage of the multitude of "mostly peaceful protests' where people looted, burned and destroyed entire sections of cities around the country, with little to no arrests being made, encouraged more to take place?

The not guilty verdict by the jury was only the first step in the vindication of Mr. Rittenhouse. After lawsuits against various media outlets as well as commentators and political figures are concluded and settlements made it will make the Nick Sandman settlement look like peanuts.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic