Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Taylor man, 41, declined COVID-19 shot and nearly died

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Taylor man, 41, declined COVID-19 shot and nearly died

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:29 am

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 659406002/

Hmmm, sounds familiar:
"Get vaccinated. You know, it's a real disease," he said. "I feel for the people that go through what I went through. It was very tough. I think if I was vaccinated, I wouldn't have been here."

"I hardly ever get sick so I was like, you know, I don't need it," he said of the COVID-19 vaccine. "But, you need it."

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Re: Taylor man, 41, declined COVID-19 shot and nearly died

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:47 am

If he was Swedish, he would have been okay.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:07 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:47 am
If he was Swedish, he would have been okay.
Well, in Sweden, his death would have been an unimportant statistic that wouldn't support their current policy TODAY.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:19 am

You all just keep on mocking me, and keep moving those goal posts. Meanwhile, your vaccine ain't doing shit to actually stop or even marginally slow down the spread of the virus. A lifetime of booster shots every 8 months that take longer than 8 months to administer to an entire population and do nothing to slow down the spread of the pandemic - that is your solution? Oh, that's right, it's all about the hospitalization rates. Rates that you all claimed were anywhere from 100:1 different vs. unvaccinated (TC Talks) to 33:1 (Matt) when in reality the raw data works out to 3.08 to 1 (and falling as efficacy wanes).

Face it. Everything about the Covid vaccine has been an unmitigated disaster, and it becomes increasingly hard to believe that as each day passes and data continues to pour in that you all still stubbornly adhere to this being the answer.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:09 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:19 am
You all just keep on mocking me, and keep moving those goal posts. Meanwhile, your vaccine ain't doing shit to actually stop or even marginally slow down the spread of the virus. A lifetime of booster shots every 8 months that take longer than 8 months to administer to an entire population and do nothing to slow down the spread of the pandemic - that is your solution? Oh, that's right, it's all about the hospitalization rates. Rates that you all claimed were anywhere from 100:1 different vs. unvaccinated (TC Talks) to 33:1 (Matt) when in reality the raw data works out to 3.08 to 1 (and falling as efficacy wanes).

Face it. Everything about the Covid vaccine has been an unmitigated disaster, and it becomes increasingly hard to believe that as each day passes and data continues to pour in that you all still stubbornly adhere to this being the answer.
I'm not mocking you. I sincerely hope you come around on this issue. Your last sentence here betrays your previous statement on not being an anti-vaxxer.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:41 am

The vaccine is NOT the answer. That has been my position for as long as I can remember. I had high hopes early on, but those quickly fizzled once data started coming in. The vaccines aren't working nearly as well as the government promised us they would, and at this point in time, there is no correlation whatsoever between daily case numbers and vaccination rates. Literally none. You couldn't make that line-of-best-fit more horizontal if you tried. The mandates have been a disaster, both from companies and from government, and they're hurting the economy and livelihoods of millions of Americans. Politicians have moved the goal posts more times than I can count on both hands. The only thing you have left to point to is hospitalization rates, but even those are nowhere near as low in vaccinated people as the media was screaming just two months ago. That 30-to-1 ratio is more like 3-to-1 and falling.

When the pandemic DOES ease up, it won't be because of the vaccine; rather, it will be because the vast majority of the population has had Covid and is thus immune.

I have much higher hopes for the Pfizer pill than I do for any of the vaccines (on a side-note, the Merck pill sounds awfully dangerous to me given how it works by forcing genetic mutations in the virus).

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:37 am

bmw, you are right.
The vaccine may not be the answer. You like to talk about having faith in God. So do it. If you want to get the shots, go for it. If you want to forgo the vaccines and depend on God to either keep you healed if he wants, or take you if he wants, go for it.

Reading other posts you have made, I wonder why you get worked up enough to really care enough to post rebuttals on here. Who cares? Live your life. Trust in the Lord. Don't just talk the talk. Walk the walk. Why not spend a moment in prayer asking yourself if it's worth your time here on earth getting into a cyber-argument with a bunch of rectal births on social media. After you log off, take a pensive minute and ask yourself "Well, that's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back". Did you spend the time the Lord gives you wisely?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:47 am

Not sure why you have to make this a religious issue. I seldom talk religion on here. I get annoyed when other people unfairly speak negative things about Christians and sometimes respond to that, and I occasionally comment on social issues, but I try to keep religion and politics separate.

And I don't find the vaccine debate to be an issue of "faith" in the way you've described it - that somehow God will decide whether I get sick or not. That is not my view as a Christian. I believe God gave us free will and does not interfere with that free will, so my belief is that you ultimately are responsible for your own actions.

As to why this particular topic gets me riled up - it is because I firmly believe that we're letting Covid do needless damage to our society, and I think that the people who post here are a fairly accurate representative sample of the public at large as far as views on this topic. I don't talk about this anywhere else other than these forums. My only social media presence is facebook and I rarely comment more than maybe once a month on Covid there. Everyone has to have a place to vent. On this particular topic, I choose these forums because they're one of very few places on the internet where uncensored conversation on this topic is allowed to take place.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:10 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:47 am
As to why this particular topic gets me riled up - it is because I firmly believe that we're letting Covid do needless damage to our society,
Then get vaccinated and encourage others to do the same!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:32 am

Good morning.
Time to drop the kids off at the pool while I peruse Buzzboard.

I see the usual "I think I can change other people's minds on social media" postings. Always good for a grin. If I laugh hard enough, I may get to the paperwork quicker.

See ya tomorrow.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic