Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Christian bigot/florist retires

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Christian bigot/florist retires

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:23 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Re: Christian bigot/florist retires

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:59 am

Big government BS at it's finest.

This isn't hardware store, restaurant, grocery store or rental unit - what Governor Whitmer once called "essential services".

Artistic services should be able declined for whatever reason you want. Period.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:02 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:59 am

This isn't hardware store, restaurant, grocery store or rental unit - what Governor Whitmer once called "essential services".

So you should be able to decline if someone is black? That is the argument you are making.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:04 pm

So, Matt. When are switching parties? :blink

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:02 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:59 am

So you should be able to decline if someone is black? That is the argument you are making.
In this day and age, given the swift and harsh reaction that would come from the public, the libertarian in me says YES, at least from a legal standpoint. If you decline business to a person because of their skin color, you'll be out of business (not to mention the center of negative media attention and high amounts of vandalism to your property) before you know what hit you. Translation: Nobody would be stupid enough to deny service to a person of color, even absent laws prohibiting such behavior. And if they were stupid enough, the free market would quickly take care of the problem.

Sexual orientation is a different matter entirely. Even in 2008 most prominent Democrat politicians (including Barrack Obama) were opposed to gay marriage. You can't hurry society along THAT fast and call a 75-year-old woman a bigot who deserves to be out of work because of something she did in, what was the year - 2015 or 2016 or so? Her position was perfectly acceptable in 2008 when she was in her 60s.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:28 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:04 pm
I do agree that Matt started out as a fake Conservative/closet liberal and of late has been proudly coming out of the closet.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:28 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:04 pm
I do agree that Matt started out as a fake Conservative/closet liberal and of late has been proudly coming out of the closet.
Nope, I'm a libertarian like you claim to be.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:38 pm

Matt's republicanism feels more like he is cheering for a football team.

I was very much against the invasion of Iraq, but Matt was a big defender of GWB.

We both opposed Trump initially for different reasons.

I felt he was not conservative enough, however I was proved wrong by his actions.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:25 pm

Curious. If a florist declines to provide flowers for a baby shower because the woman isn't married, would that be ok?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:25 pm
Curious. If a florist declines to provide flowers for a baby shower because the woman isn't married, would that be ok?
That would also be a bigoted stance to take, but unprotected sex is a choice. I don't believe being gay is a choice.
audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:38 pm
Matt's republicanism feels more like he is cheering for a football team.

I was very much against the invasion of Iraq, but Matt was a big defender of GWB.

We both opposed Trump initially for different reasons.

I felt he was not conservative enough, however I was proved wrong by his actions.
Embarrassingly bad comments...

GWB been was an honorable man that got shit all over by the media. Iraq was a bad decision but certainly not an unpopular one at the time.

Donald Trump is a piece of shit human being. He lost an election he had no business losing and as a result is culpable for his low IQ followers breaking into the US Capitol. There were good policies in place during his presidency, the best of which was Operation Warp Speed, which pushed vaccines that had been in development since the anthrax attacks in 2001 across the finish line. Excuse me if I don't take the rantings of someone too stupid to take the vaccine seriously.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:13 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:25 pm
That would also be a bigoted stance to take, but unprotected sex is a choice. I don't believe being gay is a choice.
I think you're missing the point. Getting married is a choice. The issue with the baker wasn't that the 2 gay people involved were gay; it was that they were each getting married to a member of the same sex.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:43 pm

Anyone who doesn’t suck off Trump is liberal to some people. There are plenty of independents. I respect that Matt isn’t some bobble head. The Democratic Party has pissed me off nearly to the point of becoming independent again. Horrid strategy, and Gretchen is silent when our cases are through the roof.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Welcome back MCRF.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:24 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:43 pm
The Democratic Party has pissed me off nearly to the point of becoming independent again. Horrid strategy, and Gretchen is silent when our cases are through the roof.
What should she do? This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:05 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:53 pm
Welcome back MCRF.
I never left?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic