Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Christian bigot/florist retires

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14896

Re: Christian bigot/florist retires

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:46 am

Maybe some businesses do what I'm about to say already. I think these people who refuse to make a cake or cater an event or whatever, based on their beliefs, are not that sharp to begin with.

Not for standing by their beliefs. But for not saying something like "Let me look at my calendar. Oh my, I am so slammed already, sorry can't do it".

That sure seems to me like a way out with a lot less hassle.

audiophile

Re: Christian bigot/florist retires

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:49 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:46 am
Maybe some businesses do what I'm about to say already. I think these people who refuse to make a cake or cater an event or whatever, based on their beliefs, are not that sharp to begin with.

Not for standing by their beliefs. But for not saying something like "Let me look at my calendar. Oh my, I am so slammed already, sorry can't do it".

That sure seems to me like a way out with a lot less hassle.
I guess if your calendar is full you should do that, otherwise that would be a lie.

Why should someone have to lie about something they are not comfortable doing?

Do you want someone to do a job half baked? (pun intended)

If went to a cake shop or a flower shop for something that was NOT "off the shelf" and they told me they weren't comfortable doing something I wouldn't take them court I'd say, ok, maybe next time?

Look at the backlash at the wokeness agenda in VA and NC. People are AWAKE now!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic