Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Stolen Election

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Stolen Election

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:31 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:27 am
I was referring specifically to the 2 Georgia Senate seats. The seat won by Warnock in the runoff ended 49.4 (R) to 48.4 (D) on election night if you add up all the candidates. The seat won by Ossoff ended 49.7 (Perdue) to 47.9 (Ossoff) on election night. My point was that these were both (R) seats until the runoff when they went (D), with the intervening event being Trump spouting off all over the state of Georgia about how the election was stolen from him.
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Excellent post. I can't wait for the retorts.

The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:34 am

Agree 100 percent.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:40 am

And to be fair, Trump does have some valid gripes IMO, but he needs to channel that energy into proposing substantive ideas for actual reform moving forward rather than incessantly whining about the past. And I fear that if he runs and gets the nomination that he'll still be stuck on complaining about 2020 even when 2024 arrives.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:22 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:40 am
And to be fair, Trump does have some valid gripes IMO, but he needs to channel that energy into proposing substantive ideas for actual reform moving forward rather than incessantly whining about the past. And I fear that if he runs and gets the nomination that he'll still be stuck on complaining about 2020 even when 2024 arrives.
Case in point: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ndorsement
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:37 am

Trump is a cancer on the Republican Party.

I agree 100% with bmw's earlier posts here.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:08 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:37 am
Trump is a cancer on the Republican Party.

I agree 100% with bmw's earlier posts here.
I just don't understand why you say that. Name one Republican President that had accomplished more Republican and Conservative agenda and policy than Trump did. And, he did it while under constant attack from all quarters.

He was no more of an asshole than LBJ except all of his assholiness was featured daily in the 24/7 news cycle by a press with an anti Trump agenda.

If LBJ would of had a twitter account....

As far a character? He wasn't the President that was sneaking broads in and out of the White House via a secret tunnel to bang on a constant basis. Nor, did he have interns give him blowjobs in the oval office.
Last edited by Bryce on Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:10 am

Name one Republican President that had accomplished more Republican and Conservative agenda and policy than Trump did.
Ronald Wilson Reagan

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:12 am

Completely agree with you that LBJ was a gigantic piece of shit, btw, and worse than Trump from an ethics / character standpoint.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:13 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:10 am
Name one Republican President that had accomplished more Republican and Conservative agenda and policy than Trump did.
Ronald Wilson Reagan
No argument there, to me, he was our greatest President, but that was two decades ago. I would also argue that Trump had better immigration policy than Reagan.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:20 am

Border situation is different today than it was then. I would contend it's an apples to oranges comparison to an extent.

Congress stripped out provisions that would've harshly penalized employers for hiring illegals as part of the 1986 immigration reform bill that Reagan ultimately signed into law. Reagan supported such penalties.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:28 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:20 am
Border situation is different today than it was then. I would contend it's an apples to oranges comparison to an extent.

Congress stripped out provisions that would've harshly penalized employers for hiring illegals as part of the 1986 immigration reform bill that Reagan ultimately signed into law. Reagan supported such penalties.
Exactly my point. He let "the Tippster" con him into signing that bill, and providing amnesty, with the empty promise that they would handle border security and strict immigration policy at a later date, which they never did. I contend that Trump would have smelled the rat and held firm in that regard.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:47 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:08 am
I just don't understand why you say that.
I myself don't completely agree with MW's exact remark here (that "Trump is a cancer on the Republican Party" ), but to the extent I do agree, I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to think of how to put into words my thoughts on that assessment. I think I can boil it all down to this: In the final year of his Presidency and in the aftermath of his 2020 loss, his flaws finally caught up with him, and at this precise point in time, he is more of a liability than an asset to Republicans.

Side-note - you have no retort whatsoever to my assessments in this thread?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:24 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:47 am

Side-note - you have no retort whatsoever to my assessments in this thread?
I have no retort, I just disagree. I've stated my feelings on this matter many times. While there may not have been enough actual vote fraud to steal the election, many other elements were in play that did indeed alter the election.

The Georgia run off results were caused in a most part because Republican's stayed home and didn't vote. It is up for debate if that was caused by Trump. I say not.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:31 am

Trump TOLD THEM to stay home and not vote!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:47 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:31 am
Trump TOLD THEM to stay home and not vote!
So, in your opinion, Trump could have made the difference if he chose to do so? I guess maybe the candidates should have kissed his ass.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic