Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Stolen Election

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Stolen Election

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:05 am

Nolan Finley sums up my, and others, feelings on the matter perfectly.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 353112001/
"Just between us, do you think the election was stolen from Trump?"

It surprised me because it came not from the stereotypical source for such a query, but from an intelligent, informed and successful individual. My first thought was how could anyone in his position buy into former President Donald Trump's debunked conspiracy theories?
Read the piece to understand why.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Re: Stolen Election

Post by craig11152 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:06 pm

It appears to be behind a pay wall

I no longer directly engage trolls

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:14 pm

In any case he won fair and square in 2016 without winning the popular vote. In 4 years he pissed off enough people that he lost the popular vote again and he couldn't win the electoral college loophole twice.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:15 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:06 pm
Hmmm. That's odd, I had access to it and have not bought a subscription.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:15 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:06 pm
Hmmm. That's odd, I had access to it and have not bought a subscription.
I've experienced that before where one person could access and another couldn't. I've been on both sides.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Fundamentally, he's arguing that with all the things that are now proving out regarding the "Russian Collusion" debacle (that it was, in fact, the CLINTON campaign that started and was leveraging all that mess), it shouldn't be that much of a stretch to believe that nefarious things were going in in 2020 as well.

And he's not wrong.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:38 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:55 pm
Fundamentally, he's arguing that with all the things that are now proving out regarding the "Russian Collusion" debacle (that it was, in fact, the CLINTON campaign that started and was leveraging all that mess), it shouldn't be that much of a stretch to believe that nefarious things were going in in 2020 as well.

And he's not wrong.
Another point he argued is that sitting Senators and Congressmen as well as top federal law enforcement was complicit in selling the lie. This certainly hurt not only his effectiveness as a sitting president but cast a negative pall over his reflection campaign.

In other words, collusion among many to alter the outcome of an election.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:38 pm
km1125 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:55 pm

And he's not wrong.
Another point he argued is that sitting Senators and Congressmen as well as top federal law enforcement was complicit in selling the lie. This certainly hurt not only his effectiveness as a sitting president but cast a negative pall over his reflection campaign.

In other words, collusion among many to alter the outcome of an election.
And yet, Trump should have been able to overcome, but he's such an insufferable prick.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:22 pm

Oh Jesus you people are starting this up again?

A bunch of conservative victims quit your goddamn whining you lost.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:08 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:22 pm
Oh Jesus you people are starting this up again?

A bunch of conservative victims quit your goddamn whining you lost.
Figures. A concerted effort, based on lies and innuendo. by the DNC, The Clinton Crime Cabal, the FBI, CIA, DOJ, sitting Senators, Congressmen, various state prosecutors and the corrupt media to destroy and remove a duly elected sitting President, overturn the results of an election via what was basically an attempted coup, isn't a concern or a threat to democracy, but a few patriots wandering around the House of Representatives is.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:47 am

First off, I can't read the entire piece because it is behind a paywall, so I'll comment on the stolen election conspiracy theory in general:

I'm so tired of this stolen-election nonsense. It is the SOLE reason that Republicans don't control the Senate today. In the November election, Republicans cumulatively beat Democrats by a decent margin. Then Trump and his supporters went on and on and on and on and on about stolen elections, including a lot of appearances by Trump in Georgia. Then Democrats win both Georgia seats in the runoff. The Georgia seats weren't stolen. THEY WERE WON FAIR AND SQUARE BY DEMOCRATS BECAUSE MODERATES WERE PUT OFF BY TRUMP'S STOLEN ELECTION RHETORIC. Sorry if I sound pissed off, but this topic is a total loser for Republicans and if Trump and his supporters can't move on past it, Democrats are going to win more seats than they should in 2022 and the Presidency is up in the air for 2024 (one that should otherwise be easily won by a Republican).

Words can't describe how fed up I am at the moment with the Republican party. No message, no platform, just endless pissing and moaning and not standing up to what the Democrats are doing today. What Democrats did in 2020 and prior is totally irrelevant today as this country has so many much bigger problems to deal with. Republicans need to get their act together and fast.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:28 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:47 am
First off, I can't read the entire piece because it is behind a paywall, so I'll comment on the stolen election conspiracy theory in general:

I'm so tired of this stolen-election nonsense. It is the SOLE reason that Republicans don't control the Senate today. In the November election, Republicans cumulatively beat Democrats by a decent margin. Then Trump and his supporters went on and on and on and on and on about stolen elections, including a lot of appearances by Trump in Georgia. Then Democrats win both Georgia seats in the runoff. The Georgia seats weren't stolen. THEY WERE WON FAIR AND SQUARE BY DEMOCRATS BECAUSE MODERATES WERE PUT OFF BY TRUMP'S STOLEN ELECTION RHETORIC. Sorry if I sound pissed off, but this topic is a total loser for Republicans and if Trump and his supporters can't move on past it, Democrats are going to win more seats than they should in 2022 and the Presidency is up in the air for 2024 (one that should otherwise be easily won by a Republican).

Words can't describe how fed up I am at the moment with the Republican party. No message, no platform, just endless pissing and moaning and not standing up to what the Democrats are doing today. What Democrats did in 2020 and prior is totally irrelevant today as this country has so many much bigger problems to deal with. Republicans need to get their act together and fast.
💯

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:39 am

bmw wrote:

Well stated. Can't argue it at all.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:16 am

bmw wrote:

Very well-stated, bmw. I agree with this entire post fully but the highlighted sentence....was this mistyped?

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:27 am

I was referring specifically to the 2 Georgia Senate seats. The seat won by Warnock in the runoff ended 49.4 (R) to 48.4 (D) on election night if you add up all the candidates. The seat won by Ossoff ended 49.7 (Perdue) to 47.9 (Ossoff) on election night. My point was that these were both (R) seats until the runoff when they went (D), with the intervening event being Trump spouting off all over the state of Georgia about how the election was stolen from him.

And re: everybody else - I'm glad to see a a few people agree with me on this. Problem is, the majority of Republican voters do not. They're going to march their party right off a cliff, EVEN WHEN the elections in 2022 and 2024 have been otherwise handed to them on a silver platter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic