Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lot's Of Republicans Use iTunes?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Lot's Of Republicans Use iTunes?

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:36 pm

Who knew?

Anti-Biden rap song ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ reaches top spot on iTunes chart
The anti-Biden rallying cry "Let’s Go Brandon" is taking over iTunes, with rapper Bryson Gray’s song poking fun at the president sitting in the No. 1 spot of the music service’s chart on Monday, ranking ahead of pop music superstar Adele’s latest single.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/anti- ... unes-chart

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

FakeAndyStuart

Re: Lot's Of Republicans Use iTunes?

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:07 pm

You guys are the greatest. And Fox Business sure does good research.

1) Apple dropped iTunes 2 years ago. All your tunes are now in Apple Music, of which I am a happy customer.
2) I've looked at the Apple Music Top 100 songs, and this one didn't make that cut.

It seems that Mr. Gray's song is number one on the chart where people buy songs for .99 something a lot of people DON'T do. In the last 7-8 days since the Brandon song was released, it sold about 10,000 copies (see link below). Adele's song, Easy on Me, got 19,000,000 plays on the first day out, and is now over a billion (again, link below).

Nice try, troll, but it's a fail.

http://www.digitalsalesdata.com/diydsd. ... ion=143441

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2021/10 ... ple-music/

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:37 pm

Um, I didn't see where the FBN article said anything about Apple. It said iTunes. And, as you said, Lets Go Brandon outsold Adele on that platform.

Stick it in your ear fake boy.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Apple, the owner of iTunes, discontinued iTunes, similar to how Ford discontinued the Taurus. iTunes has been broken up and now currently exists as Apple Music, Podcasts, and Apple TV, and Finder on an Apple computer. So iTunes doesn't exist in name in 2021.

I believe FakeAndyStuart's point in his first bullet point was that if the news source was going to report this story, thorough research would have hopefully led to them reporting the correct name. His second point alluded to iTunes' most direct successor's statistics, followed by his analysis between song purchases and song plays.

It's a minor detail, but if we're talking about integrity and accuracy of news, the entity's name should be correct. You both make correct claims, but I think one claim is more misleading than the other if we're trying to compare dissimilar distribution to measure popularity, reach, or demand.
Last edited by ZenithCKLW on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:37 pm
Wow... and I was so polite.

iTunes is a small portion of the Apple Music platform. And being number one on iTunes is kinda like being the tallest pygmy.

Fox Business' misleading headline (and story) infers that Mr. Gray's song is more popular that Adele's which by all standards it is not.

This country has a lot of problems, and will require a great effort to fix. A joint effort. I'm willing to listen to you (and your counterparts) about your beliefs, principles and core values... maybe that makes me an outlier. "Fuck Joe Biden" and/or "Fuck Trump" doesn't get us there.

You have a nice day, and bless your heart as well.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:11 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:59 pm
Apple, the owner of iTunes, discontinued iTunes, similar to how Ford discontinued the Taurus. iTunes has been broken up and now currently exists as Apple Music, Podcasts, and Apple TV, and Finder on an Apple computer. So iTunes doesn't exist in name in 2021.
iTunes charts do exist, but they represent less than 1% of the popularity of music on Apple.
I believe FakeAndyStuart's point in his first bullet point was that if the news source was going to report this story, thorough research would have hopefully led to them reporting the correct name.
Winner winner chicken dinner.
His second point alluded to iTunes' most direct successor's statistics, followed by his analysis between song purchases and song plays.
No allusion, the links in my post show the actual numbers that show that being number one on the iTunes chart does not somehow make you "popular".

Fox Business even made a directly false statement -
Fox Business lied (I highlighted it for you) when they wrote:Another song titled "Let’s Go Brandon" by Loza Alexander was No. 3 on iTunes on Monday, as the anti-Biden chant has produced two separate songs that are both currently more popular than anything the Apple music service has to offer with the exception of No. 2, Adele’s "Easy On Me."
It's a minor detail, but if we're talking about integrity and accuracy of news, the entity's name should be correct. You both make correct claims, but I think one claim is more misleading than the other if we're trying to compare dissimilar distribution to measure popularity, reach, or demand.
Great word salad there, but my claim is in no way misleading. Thanks for trying to help.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:20 pm

Lol this is adorable and really reflects on conservative logic.

"LOL fox says this song beat out Adele in sales! The conservative movement sure is growing strong now! I better post this on the buzz board to own da libs."

"No one uses iTunes anymore its not 2010, dumbass."

"But it says she outsold! Stick it in your ear. >:("

It's like these people need to defend the very companies and their tactics that they use to manipulate them.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Thanks for the correction about iTunes. I didn't realize iTunes existed at all anymore.
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:11 pm
Great word salad there, but my claim is in no way misleading. Thanks for trying to help.
Word salad is correct, but I was saying your claim was the one that wasn't misleading. Apologies for being unclear.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:08 pm

iTunes aside, the "Let's Go Brandon" meme is bigger than any anti-Trump meme that ever emerged during the Trump presidency.

Also, Loza Alexander's version of a song using this lyric DID debut at #10 this week on the Billboard Rap digital singles chart. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:02 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:37 pm
Wow... and I was so polite.

iTunes is a small portion of the Apple Music platform. And being number one on iTunes is kinda like being the tallest pygmy.
Being polite doesn't change the fact that you come across as a smug asshat. I bet your friends call you Sheldon behind your back.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:36 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 pm
Being polite doesn't change the fact that you come across as a smug asshat. I bet your friends call you Sheldon behind your back.
"Smug Asshat" - I like it. Kinda fits my personality.
As for you... I'm concerned. You don't actually want to have a conversation, or even a debate. You just wanna call names and post falsehoods. I kinda feel sorry for you... maybe a social media/billboard posting break, the Simone Biles cure? Think about it. And please take care.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:36 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:

I believe FakeAndyStuart's point in his first bullet point was that if the news source was going to report this story, thorough research would have hopefully led to them reporting the correct name. His second point alluded to iTunes' most direct successor's statistics, followed by his analysis between song purchases and song plays.

Usually when software is discontinue, they don't put out new releases.
Last iTunes release is 12.12.1 / September 23, 2021; 33 days ago.

So no, itunes is not discontinued and is still operational for consumers with new software release.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:10 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:36 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Apple, the owner of iTunes, discontinued iTunes, similar to how Ford discontinued the Taurus.
Usually when software is discontinue, they don't put out new releases.
Last iTunes release is 12.12.1 / September 23, 2021; 33 days ago.

So no, itunes is not discontinued and is still operational for consumers with new software release.
Valid point, as there is still an iTunes for Windows (or, as Mac users like me call it, iTunes for lesser OS) that did get updated in Sept. We all need to be more accurate, including the OP and his/her/their sources.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic