Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Unvaccinated people 11 times more likely to die of covid

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Unvaccinated people 11 times more likely to die of covid

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:09 pm

It is laughable at best to compare the Polio vaccine to the Covid vaccine. Polio is far more serious of a disease than is Covid (how about comparing a 10 percent mortality rate to 0.35%). And moreover, the vaccine is 99 TO 100 PERCENT EFFECTIVE, AND IT PROBABLY LASTS A LIFETIME. Covid vaccines, on the other hand, are 90 to 95% effective, and that number begins to drop after 5 or 6 months, and may be below 70% after only 8 months.

I'm sorry, but these two aren't even remotely comparable.

If there was a Covid vaccine that was 99% effective at preventing Covid and lasted a lifetime, I'd probably get the shot.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:11 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:04 pm
It's not all about you.
As somebody who is not vaccinated and hasn't had Covid, I just find it kind of funny to sit here and be looked down upon by somebody who has been vaccinated and has had Covid. Do you not see the irony here?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:24 pm

Why does BMW say hes gonna drop this shit then like 3 hours later, hes back to fucking lecturing people on why a vaccine is worse than a virus itself? BMW has to be, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the most brainwashed person I have seen here, if for any other reason, the amount of effort he puts toward a clearly illogical argument.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:28 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:09 pm
It is laughable at best to compare the Polio vaccine to the Covid vaccine. Polio is far more serious of a disease than is Covid (how about comparing a 10 percent mortality rate to 0.35%). And moreover, the vaccine is 99 TO 100 PERCENT EFFECTIVE, AND IT PROBABLY LASTS A LIFETIME. Covid vaccines, on the other hand, are 90 to 95% effective, and that number begins to drop after 5 or 6 months, and may be below 70% after only 8 months.

If there was a Covid vaccine that was 99% effective at preventing Covid and lasted a lifetime, I'd probably get the shot.
lol I knew that'd draw ya out. :rollin

Why do you idiots say you put someone on ignore, but then keep reading their posts? Don't let people on forums live rent-free in your head dude.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:41 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:28 pm
bmw wrote:

Why do you idiots say you put someone on ignore, but then keep reading their posts? Don't let people on forums live rent-free in your head dude.
Realist quoted your post, so it was visible to me. And btw - your posts are still fully visible if I browse the forum while not logged in (which I do more often than not, making the ignore feature admittedly kind of worthless). I'm still generally ignoring you since you behave like a dick 24/7. I tried to engage you in debate in here on Covid. I posted my position in great detail because you asked for it. And when I answered, you called it trash and not worthy of any response. If you want to have legitimate debate, fine, I'll debate you. But everything I see form you in here is from someone whose only interest is to troll others. If you want to challenge my position on Covid, BE SPECIFIC. I have no idea which specific position I've taken or statement I've made with which you directly disagree.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:11 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:04 pm
It's not all about you.
As somebody who is not vaccinated and hasn't had Covid, I just find it kind of funny to sit here and be looked down upon by somebody who has been vaccinated and has had Covid. Do you not see the irony here?
Sitting alone in a small shop by yourself in a small town isnt exactly the same as working in an office building with hundreds of people, is it?

How many people do you see in an average day? An average week?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:48 pm

Wow. I didn't realize how bad it still is in Michigan. Ontario and Michigan are similar in size per population and we're down to fewer than 400 new cases per day.
MICHIGAN ADDS 8,500 NEW COVID CASES; 262 IN UPPER PENINSULA

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services on Monday announced 8,496 new positive coronavirus test results and 31 new COVID-related deaths over the three-day period of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

That’s roughly 28-hundred new cases per day.

State officials also went through old death certificates and matched them to previous positive tests. They added 15 more deaths to the statewide total.

Here in the Upper Peninsula, there were no new deaths reported.

There were 262 new positive test results over the three-day period, for an average of 87 per day. Delta County had the most new cases with 74. Marquette County added 45 cases and Houghton County had 40. Dickinson County had 18 new cases. Menominee County had 13 new cases.
https://thebaycities.com/bay-cities/wls ... peninsula/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:41 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:28 pm
bmw wrote:

Realist quoted your post, so it was visible to me. And btw - your posts are still fully visible if I browse the forum while not logged in (which I do more often than not, making the ignore feature admittedly kind of worthless). I'm still generally ignoring you since you behave like a dick 24/7. I tried to engage you in debate in here on Covid. I posted my position in great detail because you asked for it. And when I answered, you called it trash and not worthy of any response. If you want to have legitimate debate, fine, I'll debate you. But everything I see form you in here is from someone whose only interest is to troll others. If you want to challenge my position on Covid, BE SPECIFIC. I have no idea which specific position I've taken or statement I've made with which you directly disagree.
i am literally the nicest person here. You just don't like my position.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:42 pm
Sitting alone in a small shop by yourself in a small town isnt exactly the same as working in an office building with hundreds of people, is it?

You're helping me make my point - that some people are at much higher risk than others of being exposed to the virus in the first place, and thus, there are wide variances between people as far as degree of benefit from getting vaccinated.

That said, to answer your question, I average 10 to 15 walk-in customers per week, each of whom is in my shop anywhere from a few to maybe 15 minutes at a time. 60% of my business is online sales which require no further interaction with people than dropping off packages at the post office or a UPS drop location. It is generally not these types of fleeting interactions that lead to one getting Covid, and aside from 2 mid-size family gatherings over the past year and a half, I have pretty much avoided large crowds entirely. I believe that is just as effective (for me anyways) at preventing myself from getting Covid as is getting vaccinated.
Last edited by bmw on Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:05 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 pm
i am literally the nicest person here. You just don't like my position.
Yeah, uh huh. Says the person who repeatedly mocks my education and the place I received it from. Ordinarily having 2 Bachelor's degrees is applauded. You instead choose to mock it.

I don't "like" or "dislike" anyone's position. I have no idea what your position on Covid is beyond your position that everyone should get vaccinated and your belief that natural immunity against Covid doesn't exist.

What I do get irritated by is people who either misrepresent my position or create straw man arguments to use against me based on things I never said. And that has happened FREQUENTLY when it comes to Covid.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:27 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:57 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:42 pm

You're helping me make my point - that some people are at much higher risk than others of being exposed to the virus in the first place, and thus, there are wide variances between people as far as degree of benefit from getting vaccinated.

That said, to answer your question, I average 10 to 15 walk-in customers per week, each of whom is in my shop anywhere from a few to maybe 15 minutes at a time. 60% of my business is online sales which require no further interaction with people than dropping off packages at the post office or a UPS drop location. It is generally not these types of fleeting interactions that lead to one getting Covid, and aside from 2 mid-size family gatherings over the past year and a half, I have pretty much avoided large crowds entirely. I believe that is just as effective (for me anyways) at preventing myself from getting Covid as is getting vaccinated.
Are you suggesting you're for vaccination mandates in corporate settings? Because that would be the logical response to a greater risk for people in large offices.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:03 am

Agree 100% with Realist here. Matt's original post said it all.

There is plenty of empirical data to suggest symptoms - generally speaking - are significantly worse if you (a) contract COVID and (b) are unvaccinated.

Fatalities arising from COVID among the unvaccinated are 11x higher than those who are vaccinated. The discrepancy in hospitalization rate is also similar.

Is the vaccine bulletproof? Absolutely not, which is unfortunate. However, there is a much greater chance anyone who comes down with COVID will experience only mild to moderate symptoms if vaccinated.

As for the whole "natural immunity" debate, there are people who have contracted COVID multiple times, and in some instances, the most recent case is the worst. Undoubtedly, folks do build antibodies after coming down with COVID. However, by no means does this assure you will not come down with COVID a second time, and as noted above, symptoms are generally worse (sometimes, much worse) if you have *not* received the vaccine.

And of course, among those with pre-existing high risk conditions, antibody efficacy is greatly reduced.

Serious side effects from the vaccines in use here in the U.S. are very rare. Those who have a history of severe reaction to vaccination definitely should consult with their doctor before receiving the vaccine.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:19 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 pm
Realist wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:39 pm
This is personal for me. I’m currently quarantined at home until tomorrow with Covid which I was diagnosed with last Wednesday. Started feeling sick last Monday. Caught it from my wife, who started showing symptoms four days before me. She caught it from a coworker. All three of us are vaccinated. My wife and her coworker, because they were vaccinated, we’re not wearing mask in their office. What a mistake. I feel like crap enough right now but I’m getting better. I have zero sympathy for someone who didn’t get the vaccine and gets COVID. Just stay out of the hospital and ICU as you’re getting what you deserved.
So just to clarify:

Your wife. Vaccinated. Got Covid
Your wife's co-worker. Vaccinated. Got Covid.
You. Vaccinated. Got Covid.

You're all vaccinated, you all got Covid, and what you've learned from this that unvaccinated people who get Covid are deserving of zero sympathy.

Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. In what world does this make any logical sense?
The vaccine does nothing to prevent the spread, if anything it gives a confidence to risker behavior.

It is also documented the vaccines do not produce nasal antibodies.

Natural immunity does prevent the spread as it produces nasal and other antibodies.

My daughters both had Covid in March 2021, as did 90% of their public school class, and it was no worse than a minor cold for them. I was in the same house and cars for a week and all I got was sore throat for day.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 am

Audio, I respect that you and the others are strongly behind your point of view. That is rare these days but tell you what. Next week I have to go and sit with the billing department in the hospital where my otherwise healthy son remains on a vent with what you refer to as a minor cold. Was informed yesterday his bill is now in excess of 2 MILLION DOLLARS. Now the hospital applied for and was granted emergency insurance that will cover 80 percent of the bill and I have to make the case for them to accept that and drop the 20 percent he is responsible for. After that I have to go to the nursing home where he will stay for 6 to 8 months while he learns to breathe on his own again and make all the arrangements there. Want to come along and see the effects of that "minor cold"?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:47 am

Zzand - your family is in my thoughts and prayers! That is truly terrible situation you are dealing with.

In March 2021 I was not yet eligible for vaccine, but Covid came and we all took vitamins C, D3, and Zinc before there were symptoms, as the class was being hit hard.

My daughters faired as expected for their age. Some their teachers struggled a bit more. In the end everyone was ok.

This is no way meant to minimize what others have experienced - our experience may not be typical. I have had 4 acquaintances die, all older males, with health conditions.

PS I'm a N95+ mask guy, and I know the cheap masks don't work at all, first hand.
Last edited by audiophile on Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic