Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Insurrection?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Insurrection?

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:10 am

"Early this afternoon, a group of protestors entered the Stewart Lee Udall Main Interior Building," Schwartz wrote. "Federal Protective Service personnel responded to the area to mitigate the situation. Multiple injuries were sustained by security personnel, and one officer has been transported to a nearby hospital. Medics representing both the Department and the protesters were present."
See video below of the breach of the main door.

https://twitter.com/esilverman11/status ... g-officers

I notice no one in the media is referring to THIS as an "insurrection."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Re: Insurrection?

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:43 am

Wow this sorta reminds me of January 6, but then again, I've been huffing paint thinner all morning.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:43 pm

Seems just like January 6, except since this isn't about Trump there aren't any assholes.
People appear to be able to walk through the entrance for a moment, but police are blocking the doorway again. Those inside are sitting in a circle and holding hands.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:27 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:43 pm
Seems just like January 6, except since this isn't about Trump there aren't any assholes.
People appear to be able to walk through the entrance for a moment, but police are blocking the doorway again. Those inside are sitting in a circle and holding hands.
lmao why wasnt anyone shot for this?? Left-wing bias>:

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:49 pm

I try and understand the differences between the left and right of this country and never get their point here. What was done on January 6th was despicable and to me, would sicken any true patriot of this country. The fact that anybody....ANYBODY...on the right would actually defend those actions proves to me they really don't care as much for this country as they do their "party" and their rhetoric.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:49 pm
I try and understand the differences between the left and right of this country and never get their point here. What was done on January 6th was despicable and to me, would sicken any true patriot of this country. The fact that anybody....ANYBODY...on the right would actually defend those actions proves to me they really don't care as much for this country as they do their "party" and their rhetoric.
B*******

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:57 pm

Go look at the videos that they finally got released over the objections of the doj. What happened in that building was a cakewalk compared to the countless buildings burned down the people beaten the people shot in cities all over the United States that were mostly peaceful protests I call again b*******

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:10 pm

I still laugh every time I hear the events of January 6th referred to as an "insurrection." The threat those people posed to our Democracy was absolutely ZILCH.

The bigger problem I see moving forward is that Trump just can't let the 2020 election go, and I fear he's going to end up handing the White House to a Democrat in 2024 if he does get into the race but doesn't knock off the "election was stolen" nonsense.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 pm

it must be really tough for bryce to go through life not knowing the difference between apple juice and orange juice.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:05 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 pm
it must be really tough for bryce to go through life not knowing the difference between apple juice and orange juice.
Exactly. If Bryce couldn't use "whataboutism" as a reply for everything, more often than not totally out of context, he would not have a thing to post.

The censorship king from out of state.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:00 am

BMW, I watched that shit unfold live. That you can deny what everybody saw makes any comments you have here meaningless. Kindly crawl back under your rock. And yes, I have finally replied to one of your comments.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:41 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:05 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Exactly. If Bryce couldn't use "whataboutism" as a reply for everything, more often than not totally out of context, he would not have a thing to post.
OK, explain to me how the events at the Capitol were a bigger threat to our democracy than police departments being ordered to stand down as cities burned, stores were looted and people were beaten and shot.

Doesn't matter which kind on juice you're drinking if they both have been pissed in.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:38 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:41 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:05 am
Neckbeard wrote:
OK, explain to me how the events at the Capitol were a bigger threat to our democracy than police departments being ordered to stand down as cities burned, stores were looted and people were beaten and shot.

Doesn't matter which kind on juice you're drinking if they both have been pissed in.
There are similarities and differences here, but ultimately, the protests were much less of a "threat to democracy" than having a bunch of idiots literally taking possession of the halls of congress.

Like when you look at it, on both sides, there were people who used activist strategies to manipulate people to action. Both were destructive. But on ones side you had an exiting president participating in winding up these idiots while on the other, the leaders were hucksters who understand how to rile up people already upset about conditions that also knew how to not let a good tragedy go to waste. In the case of the Capitol, the people who busted in didn't really appear to have a valid purpose. They just appeared to have an entitledness about them that they believed they should be able to do these things because the guy they voted for lost. The basis for the protests was more understandable because its not unknown that black people are often harassed and abused by the police in the US. So when were considering "threat to democracy". I gotta be honest and say it seems a bigger threat when a president who just lost a damn election holds a role in whipping up these people.

Now as to police standing down, that isn't a novel concept. Risk assessment is important, and to consider whether using force or letting things cool down would be the best idea seems rational. The police couldn't really do that in the Capitol. At the Capitol, these idiots were literally going into offices, going into where our laws were made, they were on a damn hunt for lawmakers. At the protests, there were buildings burnt and people beaten, but cops being ordered to stand down doesn't appear to be a threat to democracy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:13 am

Got it!

This wasn't a threat to our democracy as it spread to city after city throughout the U.S....

And very few of the people responsible were arrested.

This Was...

(Sorry but at this time, there is no way to embed Rumble videos. You'll have to click the link.)

https://rumble.com/vhw8xr-insurrection- ... 1&mc=kco2l

Many of these people were arrested and are still being held.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:48 am

Even watching it live on the day it happened, some of the on-air talent discussing the videos that were being broadcast stated that it looked like a high school field trip but with adults. They were just milling along and chatting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic