Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republicans Refuse to Raise Debt Ceiling Pushing u.S. to Brink

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Republicans Refuse to Raise Debt Ceiling Pushing u.S. to Brink

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:18 am

Sorry to interrupt rants about Honey Boo Boo and cartoons, the Republicans are refusing to raise the debt ceiling which potentially puts our country at risk of economic ruin. See McCONnell's rant here: https://youtu.be/QWriO08cmfs

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Republicans Refuse to Raise Debt Ceiling Pushing u.S. to Brink

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:36 am

Let 'em. Nothing would please me more than having Mitch McConnell being the face of a stock market meltdown with Republican supporters standing nearby with their dicks in their hands saying "What happened?" while watching their pensions and 401K's melt away. *chef's kiss*

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:48 am

Stop being so dramatic MCRF.

Yellen said she can make it work until Oct 18th. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Democrats can raise it as part of the budget reconciliation process.

Biden has been spending like it is his last few days on earth, and will let the grandkids pay out of their inheritance. Reconciliation process is probably a batter way, since Sloppy Joe is has no concept of living within his means.
Last edited by audiophile on Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:29 am

-Stop spending so much on military
-Have a fire sale on military tech we never should have bought
-pay back all the treasuries due to the SS/MEDI fund
-increase FICA contributions
-cut tax credit expenditures for businesses

if we were to do all of these things, the debt ceiling would be less of a problem.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:33 am

An expenditure is an expenditure. I'm sorry, that suggestion naïve.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:21 am

We have had shutdowns before and survived, if we shutdown again, we will survive. The out of control spending has to stopped and if a shutdown is the only way to do it, then go for it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:17 am

Why do we need to raise the debt ceiling? I keep hearing Jen Psaki saying during her press conferences that the 3.5 trillion dollar spending bill that Biden and the Dem's want to pass won't cost anything, "zero dollars." If 3.5 trillion "costs zero dollars." Looks like we have 3.5 trillion dollars laying around that doesn't cost anything. Use some of that.
“My Build Back Better Agenda costs zero dollars,” the @POTUS account tweeted Saturday
During a press briefing Monday, Psaki repeated the administration’s talking point, saying, “This reconciliation package would cost zero dollars.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:44 am

I know it is pointing out the obvious but you do know they are full of shit, right?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:52 am

zzand wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:44 am
I know it is pointing out the obvious but you do know they are full of shit, right?
Of course. But it's fun to use their own words to show just how full of shit they are.

Would sure love to see someone at a press conference ask if they can find 3.5 trillion that has "zero cost," why not spend some of that zero cost money to keep us from having to raise the debt ceiling?

What ever happened to Jake Tapper?
Last edited by Bryce on Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:53 am

The federal government should be forced to live on a budget, and have some reasonable plan to pay down their (our) debt. The STATES should have to approve any increase in the federal budget. In fact, I think the STATES should have to collect the money from its' citizens and cut the check to the feds annually (quarterly?) to support that budget.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:17 am
Why do we need to raise the debt ceiling? I keep hearing Jen Psaki saying during her press conferences that the 3.5 trillion dollar spending bill that Biden and the Dem's want to pass won't cost anything, "zero dollars."
audiophile wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:48 am
Biden has been spending like it is his last few days on earth.
Everybody wants to play political games here, but let's not lie about it, on either side.

1) The President hasn't spent a dime. None of his agenda bills have been passed. The government must borrow to pay for the money that has already been spent - by the past Congress and administration.
2) Whether the President's agenda cost 3.5 trillion or .35 cents is not relevant. Raising the debt limit doesn't bring one more dollar to the table to fund anything in the future, only to pay the bills already in the inbox. WSJ: " Raising The Debt Limit Wouldn’t Facilitate Future Spending And Congress Would Still Need To Raise The Debt Limit This Fall Even If No New Major Spending Programs Are Enacted.”
3) AND MOST IMPORTANT - This is senseless, and we can see this in their own words. McConnell 2019 - “Well we raised the debt ceiling because America can't default. I mean that would be a disaster.” McConnell 2021 - “Let me be crystal clear about this: Republicans are united in opposition to raising the debt ceiling.” So I guess Republicans are now united in favor of a disaster.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:12 am

Give me a break, and go buy yourself a calculator!

Democrats and Republicans spent 9 months last year arguing over 600 billion Covid relief bill.

Now Democrats have went off the deep end on spending - possible of 10 trillion, if Biden got everything on his wish list this year.

I think would sit it out too, and let all the blood be on hands of the Democrats for this long-term fiscal disaster.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic