Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden Facing Impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Biden Facing Impeachment

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:36 am

The Democrats will of course prevent this from going to the Senate, but it's a start. Biden is a thousand times more corrupt than Nixon on a bad day.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... joe-biden/

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

bmw

Re: Biden Facing Impeachment

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:04 am

The fact that it absolutely won't happen makes the use of the phrase "facing impeachment" inaccurate. He is not facing impeachment.

I will note though that just like with the Supreme Court, the only people who ever defect and vote with the other side are Republicans/Conservatives. Some Republicans voted to impeach Trump. I can envision no scenario where a Democrat would vote to impeach any Democrat President, EVER. If there's one thing the left is better than the right at doing, it is circling the wagons.

And for the record - I don't believe Biden has committed an offense worthy of impeachment, at least not yet. Just as was the case with Trump, people are getting exactly what they voted for.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:10 am

Vote for poo, get poo...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:04 pm

I'm no fan of Sleepy Joe. But impeach?
Let's just wait and see if what I have predicted a half dozen times here on Buzzboard comes to pass.
Two years into his term, he hands the keys to the White House to Harris. He retires. Don't get sick. Don't get senile. Just says Happy Trails and it's been fun. Like I've said before, if he waits two years she could be President for 10 years.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:14 pm

At this stage I think it's coffee grounds, unless Hunter Biden trail turns up something.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:57 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:36 am
The Democrats will of course prevent this from going to the Senate, but it's a start. Biden is a thousand times more corrupt than Nixon on a bad day.

Impeccably sourced, as usual.

Breitbart :rollin

Looks like ol Joe is toast.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:53 pm

As you all know, I'm pretty far left of center overall - and definitely left of the Democratic Party establishment. It's still too early to give a comprehensive grade on the Biden administration, which hasn't completed his first year. That said, if I were to judge what I've seen so far: I would say Joe Biden has so far been a bad President. There's no sugarcoating it.

I am completely sympathetic to the hand he's been dealt: an (irreparably?) broken legislature, pandemic, and completely toxic political environment. However, the Biden Administration has not explicitly shown to me that there's any recognition of the urgency this moment requires. I would describe Biden himself as milquetoast and underwhelming. There is no bold leadership and he's added very little to the abysmal COVID response of the previous administration. His management of the Afghanistan withdrawal was catastrophically bad - and his defensiveness of the response only makes him look worse. The treatment of Haitian refugees by the CBP under his watch is stunningly revolting, completely preventable, and even seems more inhumane than Trump's treatment of immigrants and refugees.

I don't see his sense of urgency. I don't see any clear vision or motivation. His governance so far is as bad as I feared it would be during his lackluster performance in the primaries. I have no problem with someone his age being President - but age is not an excuse for failing to meet the challenge. Our country somehow has managed to be even worse off than we were before noon on January 20th this year.

I would never vote for Trump and I haven't found a Republican that I would even consider voting for in this current environment, but I am also just so disappointed with Biden that I feel like I am on an unhappy and hopeless boat on my own. Without radical change, I fear the future of America looks grim. Ken Burns feels similarly.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:10 pm

Biden's a liberal. There really isn't much difference between liberals and conservatives. They both share the same pro-capitalist, anti-working class ideology.

The only real difference is that conservatives are open and forthright about their disdain for the working class. Liberals pretend to be our ally..

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:31 pm

And his next debacle is going to be trying to push through that $3.5T mess, if he doesn't come with something else before.

However, we're probably going to need every bit of a $3.5T spending package to bail us out of The Great Depression (the new one that puts the old one to shame) if we don't start reeling in the federal spending. When these "Covid dollars" finish their purge though the economy, the economy is going to take a big dip. With many businesses teetering, it won't take much to have a big retraction in the GDP.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:00 pm

I don't necessarily have a problem with mega spending packages, so long as they're spent in the right areas: helping society grow and sustainably prosper. If spent wisely, the debt we accrete now will pay itself off with economic growth. Alternatively, blanket austerity can also cause damage that is more expensive to repair.

I do view climate change as a perfect example. We're much better to scientifically attribute extreme weather to changes in climate via human activity. I would be very happy to provide literature and explain the physical bases that support these studies. In short, what we can conclude is that a warming planet will increase the frequency of extreme weather events in areas that are in no shape to withstand these disasters. Spending a trillion dollars on climate change mitigation and infrastructure adaptation is a lot cheaper than spending billions of dollars to clean up after every major flood, fire, or hurricane.

For example (see below), just 6 years worth of natural disasters in the US this past century (excluding most of 2021 *and* the impacts of western droughts since 1980) have already contributed to about a trillion dollars in damages. The 1980s and 1990s do not even scale with this century. A lot of this is due to aging and poorly maintained infrastructure, poor zoning, population growth in vulnerable locations; but some of this also due to an increased frequency and intensity of extreme weather events (some of which can be attributed to climate change). Failure to reign in greenhouse gas emissions are projected to only exacerbate natural disasters (and their costs) by the mid century. So, a trillion dollars now can save trillions of dollars later - somewhat analogous to an insurance policy.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:20 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:57 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:36 am

Impeccably sourced, as usual.

Breitbart :rollin

Looks like ol Joe is toast.
Hey, it's better than Infowars, Epoch, and the other hilarious sites. Still a 2.1 out of 10 on the reliability scale. I see that improvement there, TCSU.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic