Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

8 out of 25 New Orleans Saints coaches get Covid, all were vaccinated

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
SoutheastMIViewer

Re: 8 out of 25 New Orleans Saints coaches get Covid, all were vaccinated

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:18 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:17 am
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:12 pm
Are any hospitalized? Have any died? You anti-vaxxers really love cherry picking.
Speaking of cherry picking, you pro vaxxers love to to do that with this
Unvax asymptomatic symptoms = bad
Vax asymptomatic symptoms = good
:roll:

You don't Automatically go to the hospital or die if you get covid.

you pro vaxx folks are afraid to release the recovery numbers as that would mess up your cult and only release the death count.
How does one measure recovery? A lot of people will never fully recover and have long haul COVID for life. Or are you too ignorant to realize that?
A lot of recoveries seem to be back at lifting weights or running. All the NBA and NFL players who had covid are back at playing and not retiring from long haul covid or are you ignorant to realize that…

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:22 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:18 am
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Matt wrote:
Are any hospitalized? Have any died? You anti-vaxxers really love cherry picking.

you pro vaxx folks are afraid to release the recovery numbers as that would mess up your cult and only release the death count.
How does one measure recovery? A lot of people will never fully recover and have long haul COVID for life. Or are you too ignorant to realize that?
A lot of recoveries seem to be back at lifting weights or running. All the NBA and NFL players who had covid are back at playing and not retiring from long haul covid or are you ignorant to realize that…
Professional athletes, exactly!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:26 am

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:22 pm
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Matt wrote:

Wait but you pro vaxs folks say anyone can get covid and die. So exactly cherry picking again.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:24 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:26 am
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:22 pm
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Matt wrote:

Wait but you pro vaxs folks say anyone can get covid and die. So exactly cherry picking again.
Do you really need the situation to be so all-or-nothing to understand this? The vaccine drastically reduces the chances you will be infected and transmit the virus if you do come into contact with it. People may also die if they are in a car accident and wearing a seatbelt. It won't guarantee survival 100%, but we take prudent measures.

A better analogy for the virus situation to illustrate how dire it is is drunk driving. You choose to drive drunk, and you may survive, but you wrecked your car and killed another family. We make laws against drunk driving, instead of placing the burden on people to "just stay home if you're so scared of drunk drivers." Now if every person who wants to drink and drive did it in H*** numbers, or had a H*** number of people who were impaired but "didn't feel drunk" when they left the bar, we wouldn't have enough ambulances to go around, even for purposes unrelated to drunk driving, which is the impending situation with hospitals treating Covid.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:22 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:24 pm
...The vaccine drastically reduces the chances you will be infected and transmit the virus if you do come into contact with it...
It is almost as if you didn't even read the title of this thread.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Almost. But I did.

I suspect there are some anomalies and hot spots even among the vaccinated. There could be many factors affecting that. I don't know, I can't explain it, I'm not an expert in immunology or virology. Overall, I trust experts in this field, and I read from so many different sources to find common ground to determine my perspective. I also suspect you're not making your own decisions on what happens with one case with 8 out of 25 people in the same group getting infected, and are looking at as big of a sample from as diverse population as you can.

For risk of going off-topic (it happens here all the time) in response to the post before my prior post, I am not outright telling people what mandates I do or don't support, or telling people what they must do. But I am also suggesting where the burden of responsibility falls, and why people may choose to take the vaccine. I am coming to the conclusion that all of the arguments I hear against vaccination, from all angles boil down to "I don't want to be told what to do" or "I don't trust the government" and the arguments are formed with that underlying position. That is speculation on my part. I can't help anybody with that, but that first argument (and to a lesser degree the second one) seems like an dangerous hill to die on.

Now I am flat out going off topic: Has anybody on this site put their money where their mouth is by willingly and purposely contracted Covid, quarantined themselves, and came out of this on the other end of it to prove their temporary natural immunity?

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:59 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Now I am flat out going off topic: Has anybody on this site put their money where their mouth is by willingly and purposely contracted Covid, quarantined themselves, and came out of this on the other end of it to prove their temporary natural immunity?
I had covid twice.

First time in 2020 and Second time in 2021. Both Flu like symptoms with temps in high 90's. No Hospitalization and went away after a week.

Still worked and got my job done for that money you talk about. :)
Did not have to work, I chose to work.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:29 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:59 am
ZenithCKLW wrote:

I had covid twice.

First time in 2020 and Second time in 2021. Both Flu like symptoms with temps in high 90's. No Hospitalization and went away after a week.

Still worked and got my job done for that money you talk about. :)
Did not have to work, I chose to work.
And the people who drove thru at the Burger King appreciated it.

The censorship king from out of state.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:32 am

So much for the natural immunity argument.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:47 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:32 am
So much for the natural immunity argument.
Are you talking about immunity from death, or just infection? (and how does that relate to the vaccine?)

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:43 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:59 am
ZenithCKLW wrote:

I had covid twice.
Cool story, bro.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic