Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

One stunning afternoon: Setbacks imperil Biden's reset

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

One stunning afternoon: Setbacks imperil Biden's reset

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:32 pm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: One stunning afternoon: Setbacks imperil Biden's reset

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:00 pm

Biden aides in recent days had quietly expressed relief that the Afghanistan withdrawal — like the war itself for much of its nearly two decades — has receded from headlines. That feeling was shattered Friday afternoon when the Pentagon revealed the errant target for what was believed to be the final American drone strike of the war.
When the original headlines were promulgated declaring a dangerous Isis-K militant was killed successfully by the attack, I was immediately skeptical simply by virtue of the lack of supporting detail.

I wonder whose decision it was to "come clean" regarding what truly happened? Hardly the first time the Pentagon has lied.

I do think booster approval for the adult population at large will come before year end. The FDA wants to see more data with regard to incremental effectiveness at preventing hospitalization and death.

I found this article to be insightful:
https://qz.com/2061136/fda-panel-reject ... al-public/

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

km1125

Re: One stunning afternoon: Setbacks imperil Biden's reset

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Seems like there's been a LOT of bad news for this administration the last week.

The whole debacle on the booster shot timing (them promising that the boosters would be deployed next week, and the FDA shooting that concept down),
The drone strike they were touting as a H*** success against ISIS turned out to not only be a dud, but a horrible mistake (but they seemed SO sure on that one!)...
The 12,000 migrants amassing at a bridge on the southern border and no plan to deal with that (where's Kamala on that one???),
France yanking their ambassadors due to the deal the administration cut with the Aussies. Heard a BBC guy in an interview and he admitted being flabbergasted that he had to read that story, especially considering that this administration had slammed the previous one as being "amateurs" and nothing like this should have happened with the "professionals" in there now.
Milley's phone call with his counterparts in China - although not confirmed yet, but a nasty story even if any portion is true
...and I think I'm missing another one from earlier in the week.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic