Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Once Again I Ask-How Do You Define Rich?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Once Again I Ask-How Do You Define Rich?

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:28 pm

AOC went to s $30000 a plate fundraiser, wearing a dress that said "Tax The Rich". Who are The Rich? Is she going to tax Trump supporters and not Biden supporters? As usual, the tax increases rarely affect Congress and their cronies and toadies. They have loopholes.

But how do you define rich? What income? What net worth? I have the feeling that the underpaid amateur pundits and radio people here think it's anyone with substantially more than they have. But put NUMBERS on it. A person with IRAs and Retirement Funds totaling $1MM is NOBODY today. Not even equivalent to cushy government at all levels pensions. Yet folk singers think it is rich. They even have a folk song to that effect.

Phony AOC at her $30000 per ticket Party, wearing a dress that says "Tax The Rich".

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/09 ... la-n415633

Please put your clothes back on, you phonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okjXSWbJvZ8

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Bryce

Re: Once Again I Ask-How Do You Define Rich?

Post by Bryce » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:50 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:28 pm
As usual, the tax increases rarely affect Congress
Neither does Joe's vaccine mandate.

I will say AOC does appear to have a nice butt.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:41 pm

I am no fan of AOC at all but maybe her "tax the rich" plan would include taxing herself?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:25 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:

But how do you define rich? What income? What net worth? I have the feeling that the underpaid amateur pundits and radio people here think it's anyone with substantially more than they have. But put NUMBERS on it. A person with IRAs and Retirement Funds totaling $1MM is NOBODY today. Not even equivalent to cushy government at all levels pensions. Yet folk singers think it is rich. They even have a folk song to that effect.

Please put your clothes back on, you phonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okjXSWbJvZ8

These guys here don't even know how to define working class, much less rich.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:25 pm

These guys here don't even know how to define working class, much less rich.
Sure we do. It's people that drink beer and have a vacation home in a foreign country.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:22 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Sure we do. It's people that drink beer and have a vacation home in a foreign country.
in a foreign country where he's unwelcome and has been barred entry for the past 18 months.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:22 pm
Bryce wrote:

in a foreign country where he's unwelcome and has been barred entry for the past 18 months.
See, if you were middle class, we'd welcome you with open arms.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:22 pm
Bryce wrote:

See, if you were middle class, we'd welcome you with open arms.
No Canadians, regardless of class are allowed in. We're illegals.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm
Somebody's letting someone in. About 4 times now, I've seen the same Chrysler minivan with Ontario plates. Getting gas twice in Riverview. At the Eureka Farm Market one time. And one time at Southland Best Buy. At the gas station, it's been a guy solo. At the market and Best Buy, it's been what appears to be a husband and wife.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm
Somebody's letting someone in. About 4 times now, I've seen the same Chrysler minivan with Ontario plates. Getting gas twice in Riverview. At the Eureka Farm Market one time. And one time at Southland Best Buy. At the gas station, it's been a guy solo. At the market and Best Buy, it's been what appears to be a husband and wife.
Who is letting these vermin in?

Actually, I have a substantial Canadian heritage. Back when I was young, Canadians welcomed tourists from the US. Now they seem to hate us and everything about us. Now they are even adopting the Chinese Model for a Social Credit Score. To go over there would be like traveling to a Communist country. You couldn't go back to the USSR or Poland or East Germany without a hassle until Reagan made the wall fall. The only advantages to traveling through Canada to get to New England is that it is much shorter and you don't have to go though the wreckage of the People's Republic of Cleveland.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:32 am

US visitors are welcome in Canada. We reopened our border to them more than a month ago. However, the US has not reciprocated. We are still barred from entering the US.

Kennelly Heaviside

Post by Kennelly Heaviside » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:39 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:50 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:
As usual, the tax increases rarely affect Congress
Neither does Joe's vaccine mandate.

I will say AOC does appear to have a nice butt.
So did Tonya Harding!

They always say if you can't say anything nice about somebody, don't say anything at all. I guess that would apply to both AOC and Tonya Harding.

Kennelly Heaviside. The best Technical Consultant no money can buy.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:32 am
US visitors are welcome in Canada. We reopened our border to them more than a month ago. However, the US has not reciprocated. We are still barred from entering the US.
Somewhat incorrect. Canadian citizens who are employed in the U.S. are allowed to cross for their jobs, although I am unsure of any restrictions or regulations they must face in order to cross. A family member of mine works at a metro Detroit hospital where a number of the RN's on staff are Canadian and they have continued to come across for work.

We are friends with a married couple who live here in metro Detroit and also have a vacation home near a golf resort up North. Their neighbors at the golf resort are another married couple who are Canadian citizens and whose main residence is in Windsor. The husband of the Windsor couple is retired, while his wife works at a hospital in Lansing. The husband has been unable to cross the border since March 2020, not even to check on his Michigan property, as his travel is deemed non-essential. His wife, however, crosses regularly for her job in Lansing, and frequently detours on her return home in order to check on their up-North property.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:53 pm

I have a neighbour who is a truck driver. He drives to Michigan every day, sometimes twice a day, delivering loads of roof trusses.

But ordinary, non essential tourist travel into the US is not permitted.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:00 pm

MichMash wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:32 am
Somewhat incorrect. Canadian citizens who are employed in the U.S. are allowed to cross for their jobs, although I am unsure of any restrictions or regulations they must face in order to cross. A family member of mine works at a metro Detroit hospital where a number of the RN's on staff are Canadian and they have continued to come across for work.

We are friends with a married couple who live here in metro Detroit and also have a vacation home near a golf resort up North. Their neighbors at the golf resort are another married couple who are Canadian citizens and whose main residence is in Windsor. The husband of the Windsor couple is retired, while his wife works at a hospital in Lansing. The husband has been unable to cross the border since March 2020, not even to check on his Michigan property, as his travel is deemed non-essential. His wife, however, crosses regularly for her job in Lansing, and frequently detours on her return home in order to check on their up-North property.
Yes, the US tourists are back. I've started once agian to find US coins in my pocket change

The gas station I was at today is making an effort to accommodate visitors from the US. They are allowing prepay at selected pumps during certain hours. They know that is what US drivers prefer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic