Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The goal was to make Biden a half-TERM President

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

The goal was to make Biden a half-TERM President

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:59 am

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/politics ... index.html

He must have viewed this statement as a "hold my beer" challenge, because with his epic fail in Afghanistan and his failure to meet his July 4th goal for 70% vaccination caused him to take authoritarian, likely unconstitutional actions and have rendered him a half-YEAR President. The guy is a complete failure who has no sense of reality. This guy had the nerve to call himself the great uniter...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The goal was to make Biden a half-TERM President

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:23 am

I need to see specifics, but in principle, I support this move.

Of note, the Business Roundtable and National Association of Manufacturers have announced their support of the new regulations. These groups want safe work environments where employees and customers alike do not feel threatened by COVID. A fully vaccinated workforce also means less future spending on personal protective gear.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:37 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:23 am
I need to see specifics, but in principle, I support this move.

Of note, the Business Roundtable and National Association of Manufacturers have announced their support of the new regulations. These groups want safe work environments where employees and customers alike do not feel threatened by COVID. A fully vaccinated workforce also means less future spending on personal protective gear.
Are you suggesting that it's not an authoritarian action? What's stopping all of these companies from taking action by themselves (many already have)? Biden's idiot chief of staff retweeted a statement that the announcement was an end around to force vaccination: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/klain- ... us-mandate Wonder how that will play out in court...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:12 am

It is an authoritarian action, but it is probably a wise one. The executive branch has regulatory making authority in certain instances.

I do agree court challenges will emerge.

As for lack of self-imposed requirements, some employers are probably afraid of offending employees or facing civil litigation.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:56 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:12 am
It is an authoritarian action, ...
You could/should have just stopped right there.

It's completely nuts that some people are OK with this.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:05 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:56 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

Funny how this guy has parlayed an Old Kent children's savings account into being a worldwide expert on finance, politics, medicine, and everything else, at least in his own mind.

It's better to completely isolate and wear three masks, than to get a LONG TERM UNPROVEN VACCINE, deemed "safe" and "effective" by unorthodox procedures, that might in itself leave you unable to work for weeks, hospitalized, or dead. Not only the disease, but the vaccine, are deadly and dangerous.

The resulting layoffs will leave hospitals, where the employees REALLY know what is going on, with inadequate staffing, and poor health care. Talk to doctors and nurses off the record. They'll tell you.

Empty stadiums, rock concert venues, theaters. These vastly overpaid entertainers are doing themselves in by supporting this Biden regime. Those people will get exactly what they have sowed. It's hard to feel sorry for them.

Many or most businesses having to close because they can't find enough workers.

Bigger businesses laying off to get down to 99 workers.

Shortages and supply chain problems making both new products and repair parts unavailable and on way back order.

It will be a miracle if there is not the worst worldwide depression ever.

Thanks to Fauci and his foreign buddies for making the virus and all this chaos possible.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:59 pm

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:01 am

I was at a football game last night talking about this and universally the people I spoke with (and all of them already had Covid) said they would not take the vaccine and just wait be fired or simply close their business.

These are people that are in medical industry, school teachers, child care, etc.

TCT is correct, we are getting close to civil war now, I've never seen people so PO'd at government.
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:03 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:56 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

AGREED!

MW, I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU!!! >: >: >: >: >: >: >:

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:43 am

A bunch of FAKE "pro-lifers" on this thread.

You guys claim to support life and family values.

Multiple vaccines that largely eliminate a FATAL threat exist, a threat that has the potential to destroy families, yet you want the government to take little to no action to promote its use!
I was at a football game last night talking about this and universally the people I spoke with (and all of them already had Covid) said they would not take the vaccine and just wait be fired or simply close their business.
What a bunch of morons.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:48 am

Shortages and supply chain problems making both new products and repair parts unavailable and on way back order.
Those issues were caused by COVID and the ensuing shut downs. Yet you OPPOSE the very thing (vaccination) that will help the economy return to normal faster than anything else.
It's better to completely isolate and wear three masks, than to get a LONG TERM UNPROVEN VACCINE, deemed "safe" and "effective" by unorthodox procedures, that might in itself leave you unable to work for weeks, hospitalized, or dead. Not only the disease, but the vaccine, are deadly and dangerous.
Yup. I now have two arms growing out of my forehead since receiving the vaccine. Very, very dangerous.
Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 310 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through June 14, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 5,343 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.
Compare the above statistic to the death rate from COVID-19 itself. Getting the vaccine greatly lessens the risk by an exponential factor.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:11 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:05 am

"Might leave you unable to work for weeks, hospitalized, or dead."

Let's put people into 2 categories that this statement applies to. Those who had the vaccine, and those who had Covid.

Which group do you think is bigger?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:37 am

MW, in case you missed it, they already had Covid!

Why should they need to be vaccinated too???

I resent he fact you called me and them morons and fake pro-lifers.

I don't even know all of their position on that, how would you know? >:
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:43 am

They shouldn't need to be vaccinated per se until antibodies fall below a certain threshold.

There are research studies out there that exist that indicate natural antibodies from prior COVID infection + those from vaccination create a superior level of protection with negligible risk of serious side effects.

They have no legitimate reason to refuse the vaccine unless they are still recovering.

Anyone who is willing to throw his or her livelihood down the drain in favor of avoiding vaccination is a moron.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:46 am

That a bit more reasonable, but they shouldn't have to submit to government mandated antibody testing.

They are tired of the government BS! These are essential workers and got Covid early on when there was no vaccine, they had to do their jobs, when you were eating Cheetos at home and collecting an extra $600, that they were not eligible for.

How dare you tell them how to protect themselves when they had to put their butt on the line for all of us? Nobody likes a smarta$$, MW!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic