Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This Says It All

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

This Says It All

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:31 am

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

ZenithCKLW

Re: This Says It All

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:40 am

Put something in a meme with inflammatory language, and it MUST be true!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:33 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:31 am
Let us know how it works out for you.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 pm

NO ONE IS SUGGESTING "HORSE PASTE"! IT'S AN OVERDOSE.

But if you make it impossible to get medical treatment, people do desperate things. LIKE BACK ALLEY ABORTIONS WITH COAT HANGERS. YOU OR YOUR FELLOW TRAVELERS' ACTUAL WORDS.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:52 pm

In the Together trial, [Ivermectin], commonly used against things like river blindness and intestinal roundworms, didn’t keep anyone with Covid out of the hospital any better than a placebo. Of 677 people with Covid who got 400 micrograms per kilogram of weight per day for three days, 86 ended up in the ER or hospital; of the 678 people who got a placebo, 95 went. That’s not a significant difference, and Mills’ team dropped it from the study.
https://www.wired.com/story/better-data ... n-its-way/

See, now I find this fascinating for one reason. If you do the math, you actually end up with a 9.5% reduction in hospitalizations, and the conclusion here is that the difference is not significant. Compare that virtually identical number to the Yale mask study which showed a 9.3% reduction in the spread of the virus, and THAT number IS concluded to be significant. I guess 9 percent is or is not significant depending on what it is you're trying to prove or disprove. This is a good reason to always look at raw data and not just rely on conclusions as presented by studies. So bottom line is, it appears Ivermectin may be marginally beneficial to keeping you out of the hospital from Covid.

Nevertheless, the drug Fluvoxamine appears to be even more effective, with a 29.4% reduction in hospitalizations (see same URL link above).

Neither drug is particularly dangerous when taken at proper dosage.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:02 pm

I would like to organize a protest like they did at the Football Stadiums, where they keep yelling "F Stern".

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:06 pm

TCSU - I'm surprised you've had nothing to say about this yet:

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/n ... -v54072845

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:12 pm

I haven't read any of these studies, but I assume what the are referring to as "significant" is statistical significance, which is a well-defined metric. Statistical significance simply refers to the "signal-to-noise" ratio. Essentially, you're estimating the probability that a the differences that you measure are likely attributed to the differences in the populations you're comparing, or if the there's so much noise that the these differences are more likely due to sampling biases (assuming the populations are random and independent).

You simply can't look at a raw 9% difference from two studies and infer significance. This is only determined with the data used in each individual study.

Conventions for "statistical significance" is most commonly a >95% occurrence that the means of two random independent populations are different. Sometimes studies use a >90% threshold, which means the confidence is a bit lower on the significance. Conversely, statistical insignificance means of two random populations are not different - and more research is necessary to draw a more defendable conclusion.
I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:33 pm

A while back.

https://www.rightcountry.com/nobel-priz ... -his-face/

People in foreign countries have been executed for a lot less than Fauci has done, the same countries many of you here admire.

The best defense for Fauci in a war crimes trial would be to plead that he was ignorant that China developed this virus to kill millions and spread it worldwide. Because he's apparently ignorant of many things, according to many doctors and scientists.

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:25 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:31 am
That "quote" isn't real.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -covid-19/

That being said, if early findings indicate Ivermectin may be effective in treating Covid, it deserves further research. But that needs to be actual clinical research. Not people who heard about it in a Youtube video and haven't the first idea how to properly evaluate what a safe dosage would be.

And those people who are proponents of Ivermectin while simultaneously using the "what about long term effects" or "we don't know enough to say it's safe" arguments against the vaccines need to stick a sock in it.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:27 am

This is the kind of bullshit that gets people killed. TCSU - quit posting this fucking garbage... Better yet, delete your account. You're not here to actually have a discussion, you're just being an asshole.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic