Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Yale Study: Masks Reduced Hospitalization and Infection in Bangladesh

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Yale Study: Masks Reduced Hospitalization and Infection in Bangladesh

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:22 pm

Here's a study from Yale that shows that masks work and are not just face diapers: https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/ ... infections

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Re: Yale Study: Masks Reduced Hospitalization and Infection in Bangladesh

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:04 pm

For the vaccinated, they are Linus blankets, literally masking mental illness.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:04 am

From that article:
In the second part of the study, the researchers surveyed people in the targeted and control villages about COVID-19 symptoms. Those who reported symptoms were asked to provide blood samples, which were tested for COVID-19 antibodies. The results showed that there were 9.3% fewer symptomatic infections in villages that were targeted in the mask promotion program.
Aside from 9.3% not really being that large of a number, my problem here is with the methodology. Specifically, they only took blood samples from people who reported symptoms, and the people who reported symptoms did so when surveyed by researchers. Random blood samples from people, regardless of reported symptoms, would have been much more reliable for drawing conclusions.

Even at face value, a 9.3% reduction is marginal at best as all it does is slightly slow down the inevitible.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:30 pm

Hilarious that Matt can’t spot Trump as mentally ill.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:28 pm

screen glare wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:30 pm
Hilarious that Matt can’t spot Trump as mentally ill.
Don't make me quote your embarrassing Cuomo BJ drivel, Jeffrey. This post has NOTHING to do with Trump. Seek treatment for your TDS.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:31 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:04 am
From that article:
In the second part of the study, the researchers surveyed people in the targeted and control villages about COVID-19 symptoms. Those who reported symptoms were asked to provide blood samples, which were tested for COVID-19 antibodies. The results showed that there were 9.3% fewer symptomatic infections in villages that were targeted in the mask promotion program.
Aside from 9.3% not really being that large of a number, my problem here is with the methodology. Specifically, they only took blood samples from people who reported symptoms, and the people who reported symptoms did so when surveyed by researchers. Random blood samples from people, regardless of reported symptoms, would have been much more reliable for drawing conclusions.

Even at face value, a 9.3% reduction is marginal at best as all it does is slightly slow down the inevitible.
Way to attack the credibility of one of the most respected research institutions in the country.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:14 am

So do you dispute anything I said about how the study was conducted?

These were not random blood samples. They drew a conclusion based on self-reporting. That is an inherently flawed way to reach a conclusion, ESPECIALLY considering that we know that well over half of the ACTUAL cases are unaccounted for as they don't get reported.

All this study shows is a 9.3% reduction in reported cases. That doesn't prove diddly squat. And as I said, even at face value, a <10% reduction in cases, especially given the spread rate of Covid, is next to worthless.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:15 am

Only 42 percent of the folks in the test village wore masks.

Surgical masks were proven more effective than cloth masks. I only wear surgical masks.

I would like to know what percentage of cloth mask wearers vs surgical mask wearers vs non-mask wearers were infected.

The study, or at least the write-up, does seem half assed.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:35 pm

Does that mean if you want to rob a bank, instead of putting a mask on, you take it off?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic