Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republicans: Controlling Your Life

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Republicans: Controlling Your Life

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:34 pm

Since those schools are paid out of the STATE budget, why shouldn't the STATE have a say whether mask mandates should apply? Same goes for if they should be able to direct the curriculum.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:14 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:13 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:07 am

If my community wants a mask mandate it should get one and the Republicans at the state level can just piss off.
If your community (or the "majority") wants to mandate no sex outside of marriage, with harsh penalties for doing so, should it be able to do so? Or, would that be infringing on individual liberty?
Once again, not a relevant comparison, but thank you for your effort. A County Health Department has legal powers to do things...
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:15 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:34 pm
Since those schools are paid out of the STATE budget, why shouldn't the STATE have a say whether mask mandates should apply? Same goes for if they should be able to direct the curriculum.
The question is WHY is the Republicans trying to restrict my rights?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:14 pm

County Health Department has legal powers to do things...
And controlling the spread of STD's doesn't fall into that category?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:22 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:15 pm
km1125 wrote:
They are not saying you can't put your mental illness indicator on your face, you illiterate fuck. You're a real vic-dumb.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:14 pm

County Health Department has legal powers to do things...
And controlling the spread of STD's doesn't fall into that category?
So you are in favor of Republicans limiting our lives even more? I imagine some group of GOP idiots are working on this legislation as we speak.
― Noam Chomsky

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:29 pm

“PRE-sent HANGERS!” Yep. All them thar females who can’t get the legal abortions they desire/need WILL get the abortions they desire/need.

In each back alley, kitchen table butchery - two deaths - instead of one.

Fetus/baby dies. Hours later woman/girl dies - of blood loss and/or raging infection.

Back alley abortionists back in business, baby! Money, money, money!!!
When your daughter, mom, friend croaks - Dr. Poser still got paid up front.

Talliban rules: no freedom for females!

Texas rules: no reproductive freedom for females!

US Supreme Court rubber stamps unconstitutional (Roe v. Wade ignored) Texas anti-abortion law.

“PRE-sent HANGERS!”

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:53 pm

TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:
They are NOT restricting your rights. YOU are free to wear a mask or not wear a mask.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:54 pm

screen glare wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:29 pm
...Texas rules: no reproductive freedom for females! ...
It's not really reproduction if you're killing off the offspring, is it?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:02 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Come on you intellectual light-weight. Answer the questions.
bmw wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:52 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:07 am
I listed four different ways in which Republicans are restricting my freedoms.
1 - I asked and you refused to answer. In what way have Republicans impaired your right to vote? I'll wait for an answer on this one.

2 - Matt is correct. So I'll ask again - how does the abolition of mask mandates impair your right to wear a mask?

3 - I asked and you refused to answer. Should government play any role whatsoever in setting a school's curriculum?

4 - Are you a woman? And regardless of your answer to that question, you refuse to address the hypocrisy that exists within the 2 positions of "my body my choice" when it comes to abortions but "government can force you to wear a mask and stick a needle in your arm."

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:34 pm

You’re correct, km1125 - because it’s reproductive FREEDOM. As in freedom to choose now or later, always or never. A female’s right to choose to possibly carry and deliver.

BTW - I told you many times that the only way to stop abortion is with pregnancy prisons.

Pregnant females are imprisoned and video monitored ‘round the clock for nine months until labor and delivery. Otherwise abortion will always be with us. Legal. Illegal. Surgical setting. Back alley. Medical equipment. Bent coat hangers.
One way or another females will always obtain abortions. Paying someone to punch them in the belly. Morning after pill. Traveling to other states/countries.

Abortion will always be with us. As will millions of spontaneous miscarriages. “Acts of God.”

So find funding and build those pregnancy prisons! 👮🏾‍♂️👮👮🏿‍♂️🏢 🏫 🏢 🚓 🚓 🚓

The first ones should be erected in Tex-ass!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:54 am

Thank you Screen, I certainly could add more, buy I don't need to.

BMW, I was clear. Figure it out.
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:01 am

For what it's worth, the school board where I live, mostly liberal, instituted a mask mandate for all schools, busses and lunch areas as of next Tuesday. The only parents bitching have an R after their name. I have an R after my name, and think it was the right thing to do. We have 500 students, plus teachers and other staffers out system wide.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:04 am

A fair point, but remember that state government forces public schools to receive their funding in a certain way.

I would also note that out of the 148 legislators in Lansing, only two represent my neighborhood. I'd rather vest decision making authority in my local school board and school officials than slimy politicians who live dozens if not hundreds of miles away and probably devote less than 10 percent of their time to education matters.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:47 am

So no one is willing to tackle Women's reproductive rights Republicans keep taking away?

These are federally protected rights and the Republicans keep trying to rob those protections.

Republicans are not for freedom.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic