Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden admin now officially in over its head (Kabul airport explosion)

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Biden admin now officially in over its head (Kabul airport explosion)

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:03 am

Are the likes of Lester, TCT, and Neckbeard going to continue to support this hastily conducted withdrawal?

There's been a "big" explosion outside of the Kabul airport. Casualties unknown. Future status of getting Americans out of there now in jeopardy.

I won't post any links - it is all over the internet.

This was SO predictable. And you can bet there will be more of these explosions in the days to come, killing innocent people.

Really is a sad day for both America and Afghanistan.

bmw

Re: Biden admin now officially in over its head (Kabul airport explosion)

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:14 am

13+ dead, 15+ more wounded, including children.

Question now is, how do we respond? How SHOULD we respond?

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:31 am

Go figure Biden’s rip the Bandaid off approach to this withdrawal was going to lead to incredibly unsafe conditions at Kabul airport. I fear for those who are still attempting to leave the country now and beyond the August 31st deadline.

How to respond? Probably by leaving troops in until we can get our people out in an ORDERLY fashion instead of leaving everyone to cram the airport.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:48 am

There have two explosions, injuries to our troops and Twitter is full of people blaming it all on Trump. I look at it this way, in 22 the balance of of power in Congress will swing to Republicans and so will the White House two years later, if we make it that far. As far as response? We have to careful with all the civilians in the area, otherwise I would suggest bombing this shit of of them.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:00 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:48 am
There have two explosions, injuries to our troops and Twitter is full of people blaming it all on Trump...
Which is absolutely absurd. I would wager a hefty sum of money that this is not how things would have played out had Trump been in power instead of Biden. I don't think anyone can dispute that the Taliban leadership feared Trump 10x more than they currently fear Biden.

Fortunately, the loudest voices on twitter consist mostly of only about 10 percent of the population.

Biden's polling was already in freefall BEFORE today's events. I wouldn't be surprised to see some poll numbers in the 30s by next week.

I predict today will be a pivotal day years from now when the history books on the Biden presidency are written. And not for the better.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:39 pm

Then there's going to be this to deal with here at home by the end of the weekend. Projected direct hit to New Orleans as of now.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:14 am

A mere fraction of those Americans lead astray by anti-vaxers and have died. Why are the people in Afghanistan more important than people here?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:48 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:42 pm
bmw wrote:

A mere fraction of those Americans lead astray by anti-vaxers and have died. Why are the people in Afghanistan more important than people here?
Are you G.G.? :rollin

Simple response is bring in more troops and put a further security ring around the airport with multiple checkpoints as how it should have been done in the first place when Ashraf Ghani was still President.
Last edited by SoutheastMIViewer on Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:49 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:42 pm
bmw wrote:

You are such a f***ing tool. Seriously.

The difference is that the people in Afghanistan didn't have a choice in the matter.

And btw - spare me with your disingenuous claim to believe that "all lives in the entire world are equal." If you really believed that, you would be calling for the US to only vaccinate its most vulnerable citizens and to send our extra vaccines to other countries that could use it more than the less vulnerable Americans. You would also have been criticizing the lockdowns last year that led to drastic increases in worldwide starvation.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:02 pm

in reality this is how it should have been done.
U.S. and allied forces lockdown Kabul. No one in, no one out.
Evac all American citizens. Once completed, Loosen up restrictions and work on getting Afghan and allied citizens out

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:33 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:03 am
Are the likes of Lester, TCT, and Neckbeard going to continue to support this hastily conducted withdrawal?

There's been a "big" explosion outside of the Kabul airport. Casualties unknown. Future status of getting Americans out of there now in jeopardy.

I won't post any links - it is all over the internet.

This was SO predictable. And you can bet there will be more of these explosions in the days to come, killing innocent people.

Really is a sad day for both America and Afghanistan.
13 dead in the airport evacuation of the 2448 deaths in the Afghan war. Hummm... that's .53% of the twenty year bivouac over there.
Why do I mention the percentage? Maybe because it's worth comparing percentage of deaths you didn't seem to give a fuck about when it comes to using masks, social distancing and vaccines to fight COVID. Something, something not enough deaths to warrant extraordinary action on the part of the powers that be.

Fuck you. If you think I'm happy how this played out I'm not but if that's what it take to bring it to and end, so be it just like you were willing to sacrifice a percentage of the domestic population in order to get to herd immunity or whatever high school actuary ciperin' you endlessly tried to justify Trump's handling of the pandemic. So you go ahead and be smug. Stoke your dick that it was on Biden's watch. All I know is I'm pleased at least one President in the past twenty years decided enough was enough and is getting us out of there.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:03 pm

Hooray. Another poster attempting to draw false moral equivalencies (and btw, the death count is up to 72 and climbing).

And second btw - most people don't have a problem with the idea of getting us out of there. Both Trump and Biden were in agreement on this point as were something like 68% of Americans. It is Biden's execution of that withdrawal that is an unmitigated disaster. I mean seriously, I don't think he could have f-ed it up any worse if he tried. This would have played out very differently had it happened on Trump's watch (and for the better).

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:03 pm
Biden's execution
After today, I second this.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:00 pm

I just don't understand defending Biden by changing the topic. What does covid and herd immunity and what the weather is going to be like in the east coast have to do with what's happening in Kabul? You are all a strange lot.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:41 pm

I'm not defending Biden. I think what Meijer and Moulton did was excellent and revealed some big problems that Biden seems to be ignoring.

But many Republicans are applauding the pullout in concept. The execution has been horrible.

That being said, complaining about 72 people dying, while ignoring the tens of thousands dying in the US due to a policy BMW is promoting is very relevant. He has lost his right to have any moral outrage.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic